Porter Officially Out!!!!!!

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I think Gentry is the best fit for this current roster. The players wanted him moreso than Porter and that will quickly be evident by a turnaround, and yes I am expecting one. We might have just saved our season...god I am happy. Porter is in no means a bad coach, but his system was just the wrong fit here. Good luck to him, he is a nice guy...

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good news: He's been fired.
Bad news: So we're gonna showpony our way back into the playoff hunt instead of trying to actually move some pieces and try to get younger and set ourselves up for the future?
Ugly: If the FO has given up completely in focusing on defense just so they can regain their lost fanbase(in the longterm) then i'm done w/this franchise. Hopefully this is just a way to ride out the season with some flair.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure there is going to be lots of other Sun's news this week. This is just the beginning.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The photo AZC is using of porter on their nba front page is priceless
You must be registered for see images attach

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I was sooooo wrong about him when we hired him. I thought they players would have respect for him being a solid former player. That he would still run but just put more emphasis on defense. But somehow he managed to alienate damn near everyone....glad to see him gone.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Good.

And as usual I disagree with mojo:)

They should now do what they can the rest of the season (unless someone bowls them over) and revisit the trade Amare and Shaq ideas on the offseason when they will have more time to assess Amare's trade value and Shaq will become much more attractive as a 20 million dollar expriring contract.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I regret my optimism when he first arrived. I was blinded by being a Porter fan when he played.

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised Porter's firing was made official the day of the NBA All-Star Game IN PHOENIX. This must be Sarver's FU middle-finger to David Stern for suspending Amare and Diaw in the playoffs two years ago. The NBA does not like having news like this overshadow it's All-Star game, especially when it's the host city. It'll probably be a cold day in hell before we see another NBA All-Star game in Phoenix.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Finally! As said before, Porter is not a bad coach, just horrible for this team. As well as he has done this year, this team needs to trade Shaq. Trade him to Portland for LaFrentz, whoever. Trade him and go back to run and gun.

This team will be deadly. They shoot the highest FG % in the league, they can score at will. Back to 7 seconds or left hopefully.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerr needs to be next. He is the "brains" behind this fiasco.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God please let be this true how can a team with nash,amare,richardson, shaq be in the 9th ssed in the western conference that is just disgusting imo to much talent on this team not to be in the playoffs. I mean we aren't winning a championship this year but atleast hire a run n gun coach and give the suns a chance to get back in the playoff race to atleast have some confidence going into next year. Oh yeah and no more stupid trades eaither please!!!!

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
all i can say is ...

Its about fuc*!n TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see his mugshot on nba.com "FIRED"!!
Thats my new wallpaper !!

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Thank lord Conehead is gone.

Curious if Gentry is any better though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least now we might find out either how bad of a coach Porter is or how bad this team really is.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
If this means returning to DA's running system, Shaq is on his way out next few days. Watch out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05