Post Quotes of Disrespect

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/What_Andy_Said_What_Andy_Meant_post_Giants_III.html

On the fact that the pass-happy Cardinals are averaging 35 rushing attempt a game in the postseason:

What Andy said: ``They’re utilizing the run a little bit more. Edgerrin (James), they’re banking on him more than they did before. You’re talking about one of the greats to play the running back position. He’s running hard and seeing things. And the offensive line is doing a nice job for him.’’

What Andy meant: ``Let me see. Do I want them to hand the ball that old fart of a running back or do I want them to throw the ball a lot to Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston. Tough call.’’

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Title game story lines: Keystone capers in Tampa?

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports Jan 11, 11:56 pm EST

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...titlegamestorylines011109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

NFC
Will location make a difference?
On Thanksgiving night in Philadelphia, the Eagles hammered Arizona 48-20 in a game that was essentially over by halftime. This game will be in Arizona, where the Cardinals have gone 7-2 this season. However, Arizona has allowed 20 or more points in six of their past seven home games. The Cardinals committed four turnovers in that game, including three interceptions by Kurt Warner. The switch west should help Warner.
Will the Eagles blitz Warner or sit in coverage?
Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jim Johnson is one of the most aggressive men in his profession. He loves to blitz and he has an undersized defense that’s built to do just that. However, he also has the type of coverage unit that can hang with the talented Cardinals receiving corps. Plus, blitzing Warner can be dangerous because of his quick release.

You must be registered for see images attach
Westbrook scored 4 TDs against the Cards in Week 13.
(Nick Laham/Getty)​

Who’s the biggest impact player left in the playoffs?
Philadelphia running back Brian Westbrook and Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald are clearly the best players left at their respective position. Westbrook must be accounted for by any opposing defense, but Fitzgerald basically carried the Cardinals in their win at Carolina. Fitzgerald’s ability to run routes, make tough catches and run after the catch is amazing. The only receiver left in this who can give him a run for his money at receiver is teammate Anquan Boldin, who’s nursing a hamstring injury and sat out against Carolina.
Will the Arizona defense show up again?
The Cardinals have forced nine turnovers in their two postseason victories. That’s a stark contrast to the defense’s performances in embarrassing losses to four playoff-caliber teams during the regular season – including the contest at Philly. Arizona allowed four scoring drives of 10 plays or longer in the first three quarters and allowed the Eagles to convert 10 of 15 third downs. That contributed heavily to the Eagles running 80 plays compared to the Cardinals’ 49.
Who deserves this victory more?
Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb and Arizona owner Bill Bidwill have suffered through plenty of scrutiny and/or misfortune. Few quarterbacks have been criticized as heavily as McNabb, who is arguably the best player in Eagles history as he leads the team to his fifth NFC championship game appearance. Likewise, the 77-year-old Bidwill is the face of inept ownership and the main reason why the Cardinals haven’t won a title since 1947. A victory next Sunday will give both guys a chance to rewrite some significant franchise history Feb. 1.
Pick: Philadelphia 31, Arizona 21

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs/conference/phiari;_ylt=Ai30mz5ghmalOl7zLy2dCQv2zr8F

3 out of 4 (with the exception of Michael Silver of course) pick Eagles... here is what they say

Jason Cole:
How much will the Eagles blitz Kurt Warner? And will they forget (like Carolina) that Larry Fitzgerald can't run around uncovered? That said, Arizona will have its hands full with Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb.

James C. Black:
The Cardinals and great defensive play in the same sentence? That's been the case so far, but three straight games? Donovan McNabb & Co. will do a better job protecting the ball than Arizona's previous two foes.

Charles Robinson:
The Cards offense won't bully a Philadelphia D that is playing better than any Andy Reid has ever had. Brian Westbrook will chop up Arizona's front seven.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
espn.com nfceast blog

NFC East blog: Can the Cardinals slow the Eagles? Doubtful. Even though Philly is playing with house money, expect it to whip Arizona for the second time this season.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On ESPN's the Pulse tonight (1/12) the fill-in host said the Cardinals haven't had a fanbase that can be measured in years, or months, but in weeks.

I'd like to do something very bad to him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jumbotron better be frigging HOPPING with all these quotes.

I want multiple quotes in there...all of halftime should be quotes.

All of pregame.

In between all quarters.

At every break in action, I want to see a new quote about how we suck, about how we will be beat, about how our fanbase is crap.

FUEL US!!! FUEL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We devour the jet fuel that is national media disses.

FUEL US!!!!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Donald - you need to lay off the caffeine for a while.

BLLLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHWWWWWAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I am not even EXCITED for this game yet!!!!!

Holy crap. I'm going to be a mess on Saturday. Sunday, I will be game ready, and on the verge of a mental breakdown!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy crap. I'm going to be a mess on Saturday. Sunday, I will be game ready, and on the verge of a mental breakdown!!!

During Saturday night's game I pounded 10 beers and then came home and took 3.5 percocets, 3 soma and 2 xanax... and I was still up wired watching Sportscenter reruns until 4:30 in the morning.

I'm gonna need a straight up morphine drip combined with about 8 ativans to knock my ass out on Saturday night if I hope to get any sleep before that sucker on Sunday.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

:D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Simmons on the radio today really gives the Cardinals no credit today on his show. After claiming he was gonna go 11-0 for the playoffs....his 2-6 start really kills his betting credibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=podcast&id=3828054

Bill simmons is a major league, boston loving, douchebag. FFS, I've seen funnier stuff from JTS on this board than the crap BS drolls out.

I emailed him and BEGGED him not to pick the Cards this week because his logic is for ish.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Bill simmons is a major league, boston loving, douchebag. FFS, I've seen funnier stuff from JTS on this board than the crap BS drolls out.

I emailed him and BEGGED him not to pick the Cards this week because his logic is for ish.

Agree 100%. I have just been listening to everyone who gave the Cardinals 0 chance winning last week to hear how they explain it. And the best part about it was he put even more money down getting 6:1 with Carolina -22. So it was only 55 to 13 or 33 to -9 depending on how you want to look at it.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jt the Brick Fox Sports radio's nationally syndicated sports talk radio host & admitted Giants homer said Monday night.

Did the Eagles win the lottery getting that match up with the Cardinals in Glendale?

If the Cards & Ravens end up in the Superbowl it would be a disaster,you'll be at the movies.

If Arizona steps up & beats Philadelphia they will cancel the Superbowl,no one will go.

This Jt the Prick fellow thinks the world revolves around NY and that people want to see the same teams in the big games every year.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Bill Simmons on the radio today really gives the Cardinals no credit today on his show. After claiming he was gonna go 11-0 for the playoffs....his 2-6 start really kills his betting credibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=podcast&id=3828054

From that Podcast:

"Everyone is talking about the Cardinals running the ball. Who cares? They are running for 3 yds a carry"

"Larry Fitzgerald is the ONLY player that can hurt you".

"Make it like BCS. If the Cardinals lose by 40 points to the Patriots they shouldn't be considered for the Playoffs".

"Now we don't have a good final four".

"The Cardinals didn't beat anyone good".

"(PHI vs ARI) is a crappy championship game"

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
"Philly's a hot team right now," Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said after Sunday's 23-11 loss deflated the prospect of a repeat title. "They just beat the only team that had a chance to beat them. I'm on their bandwagon."

Have fun watching us play Brandon.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If the Lions have learned anything, it's that a great defense can compensate for an unremarkable offense. The Steelers, Ravens and Eagles rank 1-2-3 in the NFL in defense and one of them will win the Super Bowl. (As much as it would further humble the Lions, there's no way the Cardinals win twice more.)

A Detroit beat writer taking shots? LOL

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So join me, dear friends, in embracing the plucky Cardinals — at least until Donovan McNabb and company get done dismantling them Sunday.

I may have become a fan. But I’m still realistic.

Sheesh

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
From that Podcast:

"Everyone is talking about the Cardinals running the ball. Who cares? They are running for 3 yds a carry"

"Larry Fitzgerald is the ONLY player that can hurt you".

"Make it like BCS. If the Cardinals lose by 40 points to the Patriots they shouldn't be considered for the Playoffs".

"Now we don't have a good final four".

"The Cardinals didn't beat anyone good".

"(PHI vs ARI) is a crappy championship game"

That's the thing I don't get--everyone hates the BCS (except for the big schools I guess). Whenever a small underdog gets in, the game is always great. And a lot of times the underdog crushes the big bad powerhouse.

The Cards being in this game is a great thing--to everyone except journalists and commentators who don't know a thing about them and would prefer to cover the same few teams over and over so they don't have to do any more research.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jesus, I'm usually one to bang on our own fans for getting uppidy about a "lack of respect" from ESPN, but good god... I just got done watching NFL LIVE and it seems like they're snickering every time they even say our name.

If they hate us now for ruining the NFC TITLE GAME, I can't wait to see how much they hate us... WHEN WE RUIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!

Honestly, any time you want to get riled up, or the players need an extra little shove, just turn on ESPN... chances are more likely than not that they're laughing at all of us - fans, players, stadium... whatever. If it's Cardinals, it's a joke... and that's fine with me because I'm gonna be laughing my ass off ALL THE WAY TO TAMPA BAY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05