Reaction score

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
espn.com headline

"Call it looking ahead. Call it fate. But Gene Wojciechowski is calling it: Philly is Super Bowl bound. Arizona has no shot."

STILL NO RESPECT CARDS! IF YOURE A PLAYER AND YOU ARE READING THIS, THIS IS WHAT THE FANS, AND YOU HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH FOR YEARS! END THIS ******** ONCE AND FOR ALL! LETS KICK SOME ASS!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
An email from a friend of mine back in NY:

Look, I don't want to take a single thing away from the Cards - was a great win for them, they played better, executed better but let's face it - Detroit could have beaten the Cats if they had gotten six turnovers from them! Carolina handed that game to the Cards because Delhomme just kept throwing picks or making fumbles. Did AZ capitalize? Absolutely. Did they deserve to win? Absolutely. But next week against Phiily, they're not going to face a team that lays an egg and the Cards will be exposed for what they are ... a good, but not immensely talented team.

:bang:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, 82.

I have no quote, but just wanted to say that I hope we put Donovan on his Chunky Soup ass next Sunday.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
From SI

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/39901

Jake Delhomme did more to kill the Panthers running game than the Cardinals defense did. Everything changed after Delhomme fumbled the ball deep in his own territory in the first quarter to allow Arizona to take a 14-7. You could see the Cardinals defense get more aggressive and confident with every terrible play Delhomme made. If Delhomme had a nice, boring game like the Ravens' Joe Flacco, the Panthers would have been able to wear down the Cardinals with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Darnell Dansby

Oh! And someone make sure the new guy Darnell Dansby from the UNIVERSITY of Florida was getting props from Chris carter on ESPN.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I hear a lot of cocky quotes from Philly players themselves. I hope they get cocky, becasue thats when they play their worst football, especially McNab. Its when they play loose and just play football that they play good Eagles football.

I think thats why they have made it to 4 NFC Championships recently and lost 3 out of 4 of them. They just play football getting there but while getting there their confidence level grows to cocky and get big let downs in the NFC game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Jeffri Chadiha ESPN.com....

Which team is going to the Super Bowl?

Philadelphia. As nice a story as the Cardinals have been this postseason, the Eagles are operating like a team with destiny on its side. The Eagles thumped the most talented team in the NFC -- Dallas -- in their season finale and they just beat what many considered to be the best team in the league on the road. So it's hard to imagine the Eagles struggling with a Cardinals team they dominated back in November.

Philadelphia just has been playing too loose and effectively to let its season end with anything less than the NFC championship.

Most talented team in the NFC is Dallas? The team that lost by 20 to St Louis....its official Chadiha is an idiot.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deon and NY Daily News Garner BRS "Bite Me" Awards...

Deon for commenting on NFL Net that "should San Diego and the Cardinals somehow make it to the Super Bowl, it would be an awful thing.

The NY Daily News for not only not reporting on the Cardinal victory in their next morning's edition, but not giving the Cardinals any coverage on the following day. (In other words, if you only read the Daily News - for all intents & purposes, the Cardinal - Panther game never happened).

As for Philly fan arrogance - there appears to be significant caution thus far, with one blogger observing that the Philly blowout in the first game came right after the Cardinals played a very physical game against the Giants and then had a short week before the Thursday game - made even shorter by having to fly across the country.

Personally, I wouldn't be all that outraged by the reported lack of respect. Keep it coming. Keep underestimating this team. We can use every (no pun intended) edge we can get.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
How about CBS and FOX still haven't changed over from the old logo to the new one?

Can't even get our freakin logo right... :bang:

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Actually, I noticed at the end of the Eagles game the logo was correct in their plug for the championship. Maybe they got my email.

The major attention graphics are usually right. It's the minor stuff that usually isn't.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05