Post Quotes of Disrespect

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
On Inside the NFL last night, Chrissy Collinsworth would not back down from his comment that the Cardinals were the worst ever playoff team. This guy really sucks and of course all three picked the eaglets to win.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Inside the NFL last night, Chrissy Collinsworth would not back down from his comment that the Cardinals were the worst ever playoff team. This guy really sucks and of course all three picked the eaglets to win.

Please keep doubting us.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even as a Cardinals fan I can say that ANY of the possible matchups between any of the four teams is going to bring viewers to this game. There's not a sexy team amongst the bunch. People don't want to watch D (which is basically all the Steelers, Philly and Baltimore has), Pitt, Philly and Batlimore ain't exactly major markets (see the World Series and it's lowest ratings EVER... or Baltimore last Super Bowl... and it's lowest ratings ever... despite having a team from NY in it... and see Pittsburg's Super Bowl v. Seattle which did weak ratings) and the overwhleming majority of America couldn't give two ***** about the Cardinals. And before anyone says "the Cinderella" factor would bring people to watch if the Cards were in it, hogwash. Cinderella's a great story AFTER THE FACT but very few actually tune in to watch it live.

bottom line, this Super Bowl is gonna have a hard time garnering ratings no matters who's in it, but ultimately, I could care less if ANYONE outside of Raymond James Stadium watched it as long as I'm inside to watch the Cardinals take the field.

It's the super bowl...the teams in it don't matter. It will be watched. If the Cards are in it, people will still watch for the "wow, that's crazy" factor.

Most people who tune in for the Super Bowl don't watch very many games in the first place.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the super bowl...the teams in it don't matter. It will be watched. If the Cards are in it, people will still watch for the "wow, that's crazy" factor.

Most people who tune in for the Super Bowl don't watch very many games in the first place.

Agreed. 50M people watch the superbowl. It isn't because of the team's that are playing....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the super bowl...the teams in it don't matter. It will be watched.

of course it will be watched... it just won't be watched by ridiculously huge numbers when looked at in perspective to other Super Bowls. Everything's in perspective.

If the Cards are in it, people will still watch for the "wow, that's crazy" factor.

some will but a lot of people won't be dying to this game if the Cards are in it. There's a reason Super Bowls have fluctuated wildly in ratings in the past decade. Again, ever Super Bowl will get boffo ratings compared to anything else on TV that year, but I don't measure Super Bowl ratings against anything else but past Super Bowl ratings and if we get there, I think the ratings will be low in respect to other games because Cinderella rarely garners big ratings because everyone expects a blowout.

regardless of the ratings, I could care less if anyone watched the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. 50M people watch the superbowl. It isn't because of the team's that are playing....

see what I said to Donald above. It's not a matter of no one will watch the Super Bowl... it's a matter of people watching this Super Bowl versus previous Super Bowls.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score

If it means anything, Eagles fans HATE Collinsworth too.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
I highly doubt outside of your state people would agree.

Us making the Super Bowl would be a huge story, mainly because of Kurt Warner.

I think the ratings would surprise a lot of people.
With all due respect, I think that's a homer comment. The ESPN "sports nation" polls have asked which matchup is most intriguing, and Eagles-Steelers was leading far and away, followed by Eagles-Ravens. Most of the country agrees with me. The Cards are a great story, but they wouldn't draw the viewers an Eagles-Steelers SB would.

Last edited:

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
even as a Cardinals fan I can say that ANY of the possible matchups between any of the four teams is going to bring viewers to this game. There's not a sexy team amongst the bunch. People don't want to watch D (which is basically all the Steelers, Philly and Baltimore has), Pitt, Philly and Batlimore ain't exactly major markets (see the World Series and it's lowest ratings EVER... or Baltimore last Super Bowl... and it's lowest ratings ever... despite having a team from NY in it... and see Pittsburg's Super Bowl v. Seattle which did weak ratings) and the overwhleming majority of America couldn't give two ***** about the Cardinals. And before anyone says "the Cinderella" factor would bring people to watch if the Cards were in it, hogwash. Cinderella's a great story AFTER THE FACT but very few actually tune in to watch it live.

bottom line, this Super Bowl is gonna have a hard time garnering ratings no matters who's in it, but ultimately, I could care less if ANYONE outside of Raymond James Stadium watched it as long as I'm inside to watch the Cardinals take the field.
I disagree. First of all, Philly is a huge market. A top 5 market in the country. The Steelers are also a huge ratings draw because they have so many fans nation-wide. They're just a nationally prominent team. Eagles-Steelers would draw very good ratings. And to the poster who said I'm "self-important" for thinking the Eagles would draw better ratings than the Cardinals, try again. It's fact. It's supported by polling.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Want disrespect? Listen to 610 from Philly on itunes. Ike Reese is a TOOL. At least Howie, or Howard, or whoever that dude is has some common sense, but man, I hope that whole team has their same attitude, because if they come in thinking this is going to be a cake walk then they're going to get spanked.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Want disrespect? Listen to 610 from Philly on itunes. Ike Reese is a TOOL. At least Howie, or Howard, or whoever that dude is has some common sense, but man, I hope that whole team has their same attitude, because if they come in thinking this is going to be a cake walk then they're going to get spanked.
Why would Ike Reese represent the team's feelings? He's a former player. Of course, he's not going to be the most intelligent football analyst you've ever heard. He's on there because he's funny and entertaining. Eskin is a self-righteous tool, but that argument is for another place. Trust me, the Eagles don't think it will be a cake-walk. They're not even allowed to watch the film of the Thanksgiving game, because they think the Cards are that different.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. First of all, Philly is a huge market. A top 5 market in the country. The Steelers are also a huge ratings draw because they have so many fans nation-wide. They're just a nationally prominent team. Eagles-Steelers would draw very good ratings.

you're right... solely because of Pittsburg. Or should I mention that the second worst Super Bowl ratings in the last ten years occurred with... what do you know? The EAGLES! And that was a star-studded TO Eagles... playing a dynasty NE team... and it still got weak ratings.

Bottom line, Pittsburg v. ANYONE is going to do MUCH, MUCH better ratings than Ravens v. Anyone... or should I tell you what the worst ratings in the last ten years were for a Super Bowl? Oh yeah, it was Ravens v. Giants (a market that I'm pretty sure is bigger than Philly).

Bottom line, the networks are praying for a Steelers win and could probably care less about everything else... although I'd think a regional matchup could actually hurt audiences much like it did with "the Subway series" of NY v. NY that did poor ratings.

Really, big BIG picture... no one really cares about the Cards, Eagles or Ravens. Pittsburg's the name of the game.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
the Eagles ain't that big of a draw. They'll be more a draw than the Cards, but unless Pittsburg wins, it doesn't matter who makes it the Super Bowl. The ratings are gonna be el stinko-rino and that's pretty much borne out by the fact that the worst ratings for the Super Bowl in the last decade were... what do you know? Eagles v. Pats (and that's a Pats dynasty and the Eagles star-studded team which still did weak numbers)... and the Ravens v. Giants (which was even worse... even with the biggest market in the country).

Eagles-Ravens or Ravens-Cardinals would probably be the lowest rated super bowl in a decade. Anyone who thinks otherwise (Cards or Eagles fan) is fooling themself.

Once the teams are set if we win, the cindarella stuff will become nearly nauseating.

It's a great problem to deal with from our perspective but the Eagles won't draw crap.

The network though will begin damage control and grasp at any angle to get eyeballs, I expect it will be epic and without mercy.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
you're right... solely because of Pittsburg. Or should I mention that the second worst Super Bowl ratings in the last ten years occurred with... what do you know? The EAGLES! And that was a star-studded TO Eagles... playing a dynasty NE team... and it still got weak ratings.

Bottom line, Pittsburg v. ANYONE is going to do MUCH, MUCH better ratings than Ravens v. Anyone... or should I tell you what the worst ratings in the last ten years were for a Super Bowl? Oh yeah, it was Ravens v. Giants (a market that I'm pretty sure is bigger than Philly).

Bottom line, the networks are praying for a Steelers win and could probably care less about everything else... although I'd think a regional matchup could actually hurt audiences much like it did with "the Subway series" of NY v. NY that did poor ratings.

Really, big BIG picture... no one really cares about the Cards, Eagles or Ravens. Pittsburg's the name of the game.
Again, not true. It's irrelevant what the ratings were int he 2004 SB. Did you not see the sportnation polls this week? Eagles-Steelers led, and Eagles-Ravens was 2nd, which proves your point wrong. Yes, the Steelers are the main draw, but the Eagles also have a ton of fans nation-wide. The facts support what I'm saying.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, not true. It's irrelevant what the ratings were int he 2004 SB.

why? Because it's the only tangible piece of hard evidence that proves what these teams can pull in an ACTUAL GAME? What I posted was a FACT.

Did you not see the sportnation polls this week? Eagles-Steelers led, and Eagles-Ravens was 2nd, which proves your point wrong.

sure I saw those... I also saw polls on FOX news.com saying that John McCain handly won every debate... and we all know that wasn't the truth. I mean, they were freaking internet polls, which prove nothing more than Eagle fans have a lot of time on their hands to vote over and over and over again.

Yes, the Steelers are the main draw, but the Eagles also have a ton of fans nation-wide. The facts support what I'm saying.

you're hypothetical internet polls says one thing... the actual FACTS say that the Eagles don't draw dick in the Super Bowl... and neither do the Ravens. Meanwhile, as far as no one caring about the Cardinals... you do realize that their MNF against the Niners (the freaking Niners) was the 4th highest rated game of the MNF schedule? Yeah, that's another fact.

but again, post all the hypothetical internet poll results you want... the Eagles have shown that even against a dynasty, with major, major superstars, they were still a drag on the Super Bowl. Hell, CAROLINA drew better numbers than the Eagles did in the Super Bowl... Caro-freaking-lina.

face it. there may not be a hell of a lot of people who want to watch the Cards in the Super Bowl, but history shows we KNOW there ain't a lot of people who want to watch the Eagles stink up the joint again.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
why? Because it's the only tangible piece of hard evidence that proves what these teams can pull in an ACTUAL GAME? What I posted was a FACT.

sure I saw those... I also saw polls on FOX news.com saying that John McCain handly won every debate... and we all know that wasn't the truth. I mean, they were freaking internet polls, which prove nothing more than Eagle fans have a lot of time on their hands to vote over and over and over again.

you're hypothetical internet polls says one thing... the actual FACTS say that the Eagles don't draw dick in the Super Bowl... and neither do the Ravens. Meanwhile, as far as no one caring about the Cardinals... you do realize that their MNF against the Niners (the freaking Niners) was the 4th highest rated game of the MNF schedule? Yeah, that's another fact.

but again, post all the hypothetical internet poll results you want... the Eagles have shown that even against a dynasty, with major, major superstars, they were still a drag on the Super Bowl. Hell, CAROLINA drew better numbers than the Eagles did in the Super Bowl... Caro-freaking-lina.

face it. there may not be a hell of a lot of people who want to watch the Cards in the Super Bowl, but history shows we KNOW there ain't a lot of people who want to watch the Eagles stink up the joint again.

Stop using logic and actual facts....it just makes it that much more difficult for the Eagles fans to argue with you. Just point to non-scientific polls and data and tell them what they are saying is wrong, it will get your point across much better.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
No, it doesn't prove anything. There was another team in that SB. It wasn't the Pittsburgh Steelers. If it was, then maybe you'd have a point. And that brings me to my next point...

sure I saw those... I also saw polls on FOX news.com saying that John McCain handly won every debate... and we all know that wasn't the truth. I mean, they were freaking internet polls, which prove nothing more than Eagle fans have a lot of time on their hands to vote over and over and over again
First of all, of course a freaking Fox News poll is going to favor a Republican. You're seriously using that as support? The polls I'm referring to have over 40,000 votes and show a state-by-state breakdown, proving it's not just Eagles fans.

1) Learn the definition of "hypothetical".
2) What is all this history you're talking about? You've brought up 1 game. 1.
3) MNF? Really? Completely different story than a SB.
4) Nothing could be a better indicator of ratings for THIS YEAR's SB than the link to the poll I posted. It's a national poll with over 40,000 votes, and it clearly shows that the vast majority of Americans want to see Eagles-Steelers. Period.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
"Let's just hope Kurt Warner isn't in the mood to throw the ball to the Eagles LB's, CB's, and S's. He's too nice of a guy sometimes."
By some poster by the ID of IAWarnerFan. Also states he's a Warnerphile under his ID. :mulli:

Oh wait, that's me! Never mind! :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't prove anything. There was another team in that SB. It wasn't the Pittsburgh Steelers. If it was, then maybe you'd have a point. And that brings me to my next point...

First of all, of course a freaking Fox News poll is going to favor a Republican. You're seriously using that as support? The polls I'm referring to have over 40,000 votes and show a state-by-state breakdown, proving it's not just Eagles fans.

4) Nothing could be a better indicator of ratings for THIS YEAR's SB than the link to the poll I posted. It's a national poll with over 40,000 votes, and it clearly shows that the vast majority of Americans w

want to see Eagles-Steelers. Period.

great... in other words... people want to see the Steelers. Shocker.

look, there's no doubt that around the country, the wish list goes Pitt, Eagles and then who knows between the Ravens and Cards... but the the only real draw is Pittsburg. If Eagles-Ravens is the game, the ratings will be horrific, just as they would Ravens-Cardinals. History shows both of those to be true. The Eagles without a marquee team (or even with one) drew the 2nd worst ratings in 10 years and the Ravens with a NY team drew the worst. I'm sure the Cards wouldn't draw either but don't fool yourself that the Eagles are all that big a part of the equation in any question involving Pittsburg.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

4) Nothing could be a better indicator of ratings for THIS YEAR's SB than the link to the poll I posted. It's a national poll with over 40,000 votes, and it clearly shows that the vast majority of Americans want to see Eagles-Steelers. Period.

How could someone ever argue the validity of a poll that takes into account over .013% of the population.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you do realize that the number of votes in PENN VASTLY outnumbers the vote total in ANY other state by at least 2 to 1?

sorry, you're internet poll proves nothing. Past TV ratings showing the Eagles don't draw crap does.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and here's the bottom line - even if more people would want to watch the Eagles over the cards... who the hell cares. After you lose this sunday, you can celebrate your "More people want to watch us" Trophy all you want while we celebrate out NFC Title Trophy.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote of disrespect:

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05