Post Quotes of Disrespect

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) Learn the definition of "hypothetical".
Hypothetical:
: being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural <hypothetical arguments> <a hypothetical situation>

Hypothesis:
1 a: an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument b: an interpretation of a practical situation or condition taken as the ground for action 2: a tentative assumption made in order to draw out and test its logical or empirical consequences 3: the antecedent clause of a conditional statement

So, in other words...your internet poll is based on the ASSUMPTION the Eagles make the Super Bowl against the Steelers, or, CONCEDING that the Eagles and the Steelers will make the Super Bowl....etc., etc.

Maybe YOU need to learn the definition of HYPOTHETICAL. That's exactly what the poll is...Hypothetically speaking, if the Eagles/Steelers make the SB, will it be watched more than Cards/Steelers? Or, given the following HYPOTHETICAL matchups, which are you more likely to watch?

It's okay...I understand those 5 syllable words can be tricky.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
On the lines of the Atlanta article. Cards please post in locker room.

Link Read the entire article, you won't belive it.

It's simply not the Cardinals' time.
Their time will come at Super Bowl XLVI in 2012 - that's the year some prophecies say the universe will collapse on itself and the Earth will be sucked into a giant black hole. *

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so angry right now...this comes from our own radio station...a commercial they have playing on 98.3:

"Move over Coyotes, Arizona has a NEW 3rd favorite sports team. Go Cardinals."

What a bunch of crap. They lost their spot in my pre-sets. Bastards.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The kiss of death: Bill Simmons just picked the Cards to win ESPN.com with his page 2 article.. That guy has been slamming the Cards all week now he picks them? What a jerk, even as he picked them he railed on them calling them the "Clippers with better uniforms" and saying the Nfl Network "couldn't come up with an hours worth of footage for a documentory for the Cards". Oh and only an ***** could make a joke about yesterdays plane crash in NYC. Then he goes on further to tie it all back to why the Cards will win. Nice touch Dhead. The USAir reference is under the subtitle "Creepiest Angle Involving Birds." This guy is a...nevermind don't want to get banned.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although Bull Simmons also picked us against atlanta, and that didn't hurt. He's still a major league idiot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so angry right now...this comes from our own radio station...a commercial they have playing on 98.3:

"Move over Coyotes, Arizona has a NEW 3rd favorite sports team. Go Cardinals."

What a bunch of crap. They lost their spot in my pre-sets. Bastards.

lol. That's kinda funny.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny if it were elsewhere, but at home? Really? Christ, no wonder we can't get any national respect.

It's probably not true anymore. The Cards are the 2nd favorite team. This team might have to win a Superbowl or two to supplant the Suns.

Think about it. The Suns have been playing playoff basketball for the past 2 decades. The Diamondbacks won a World Series and they've been around half of the time of the Cards in Arizona. Even the Coyotes have been to the playoffs several times.

They WERE the 4th favorite team in the valley. It shouldn't be a shock. People are coming around.... slowly.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. No way in hell I will ever believe the Coyotes have a bigger fanbase than the Cards. And to rub their noses in it when they're having success? It's crap.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. No way in hell I will ever believe the Coyotes have a bigger fanbase than the Cards. And to rub their noses in it when they're having success? It's crap.

People like success. I'm not comparing fan bases per se because that's only part of it. The Cards have been the least successful team of the 4 until recently.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/15/chff/index.html

I didn't go through the whole thread, so this may already be posted:

FROM SI.COM, advocating for a BCS-style system for the NFL Post Season:

The 2008 Cardinals are the latest Team Nobody Saw Coming -- the anomalous Super Bowl contender that not only lost seven games this year, but lost many of them badly. The Cardinals were blown out by 21 points or more four times this year. They scored just one more point than they surrendered (427-426) and if they do win Sunday -- remember, they get to play at home -- they'll easily be the worst team and the worst defensive club that's ever reached a Super Bowl.

The current system offers what economists and sociologists might call moral hazard: It alternately rewards inferior teams, such as the 8-8 Chargers or 9-7 Cardinals, simply because they were better than three rivals in a weak division, or punishes superior teams, such as the 12-4 Colts, 11-5 Patriots or 9-6-1 Eagles, who had to fight through brutal regular seasons in tougher divisions. That's not a very good system.

This is the biggest slap in the face ever! When someone states that the BCS would have been a good thing because it kept you out of a playoff run, you know the Cardinal hate is in full effect. Everyone hates the BCS, but apparently this moron hates the Cardinals even more.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People like success. I'm not comparing fan bases per se because that's only part of it. The Cards have been the least successful team of the 4 until recently.
well, the commercial didn't say success. They said favorite. And I still think it's horribly rude to say, "hey, you're doing good, but just to remind you--you suck!" Which is essentially what the commercial was doing.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time the Yotes made the playoffs? Ugh. Missing the playoffs in the NHL is like going 2-14 for like forever in the NFL.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A guy at work told me the Cardinals are going down. I asked if he was an Eagles fan and he said, "Nope, but that is what the Cardinals do best, right?"

Grrrr....

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, the commercial didn't say success. They said favorite. And I still think it's horribly rude to say, "hey, you're doing good, but just to remind you--you suck!" Which is essentially what the commercial was doing.

Do you two argue like that at home ?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Warner's not conning anyone, least of all himself. The Cardinals were 9-7 in the dreadful NFC West. The Eagles were 9-6-1 against a much more formidable schedule. The teams met in Philadelphia, not two months ago, and the Eagles won by 28. A change of venue shouldn't make too much of a difference, though the oddsmakers have Arizona as mere four-point underdogs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9084852/Faith-driving-Warner-in-another-Super-Bowl-pursuit
Article on Faith in Sports still has a dig at the Cards...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, odd since the 2006 Colts, as noted in the other link on the site, were a worse overall defensive team and THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE against the run.

Freaking idiot media.
No, "donald", I think you are confused. Edge played in Arizona that year. No comparison.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
How could someone ever argue the validity of a poll that takes into account over .013% of the population.
I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself this? I'm sure you were exposed to political polls before the recent election, right? Are you aware that the usual sample for these polls is a few thousand people? This poll had 42,000 votes last night. So, yeah.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself this? I'm sure you were exposed to political polls before the recent election, right? Are you aware that the usual sample for these polls is a few thousand people? This poll had 42,000 votes last night. So, yeah.

Yes, scientifically sampled. Not asking a bunch of yoohoos to jump on ESPN and click their thoughts.

Wow, you did NOT just try to compare political polling to ESPN "vote where you frum" online idiot measurement devices..err, polls.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, scientifically sampled. Not asking a bunch of yoohoos to jump on ESPN and click their thoughts.

Wow, you did NOT just try to compare political polling to ESPN "vote where you frum" online idiot measurement devices..err, polls.
Why yes, yes I did. The people voting in that ESPN poll are obviously people who are going to watch the SB. And even if the majority are Eagles and Steelers fans, so what? They're still viewers. That means an Eagles-Steelers game would get higher ratings than a Ravens-Cardinals game because there are more Eagles and Steelers fans than Ravens and Cardinals fans. So yes, a sample of the average visitor to ESPN.com is perfectly fine for this type of poll.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score

Now if only they got around to that sham which is Pro Bowl voting.

TWENTY ONE Redskins led the voting in November. How amazingly happenstance.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Why yes, yes I did. The people voting in that ESPN poll are obviously people who are going to watch the SB. And even if the majority are Eagles and Steelers fans, so what? They're still viewers. That means an Eagles-Steelers game would get higher ratings than a Ravens-Cardinals game because there are more Eagles and Steelers fans than Ravens and Cardinals fans. So yes, a sample of the average visitor to ESPN.com is perfectly fine for this type of poll.

Gotta agree on the logic. That isn't the sort of poll that teams or even fan sites try to rig in any direction. It was probably a decent sampling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05