practice 7/27/2013

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kind of with K9 on this one. When do reality and hype ever get within shouting distance with this guy? Every year it's a story about how he curled up in a ball to protect his knee--screw that football, my knee hurts--or about how he loves his mommy and isn't afraid to cry. Just call me little sweetness, I have the heart of a lion, hear me roar. At some point it gets tiresome. Meow.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Kind of with K9 on this one. When do reality and hype ever get within shouting distance with this guy? Every year it's a story about how he curled up in a ball to protect his knee--screw that football, my knee hurts--or about how he loves his mommy and isn't afraid to cry. Just call me little sweetness, I have the heart of a lion, hear me roar. At some point it gets tiresome. Meow.

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but the guy has basically missed his first two years with injury, is very much on the bubble this camp/preseason, and plenty of people seem interested in hearing about how he looks. I don't think anyone is proclaiming that he's the answer to all of our prayers at running back or anything, just pointing out he seems to be off to a good start at camp.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why don't we just not say anything about anyone then since it's only training camp and none of this actually means something in games that matter? Let's just cancel all camp/preseason updates until week 1. We all know and understand that Williams needs to prove it on the field when it really matters -- but I don't see why pointing out that he's off to a good start in camp is a big deal?

With most players, I don't particularly care about the hype. But Lil sweetness is particularly annoying because he was a busted pick and this tune gets played every August with nothing to show for it come September.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Amen! It's gotta be absolutely exhausting trying to contradict everyone else's opinion. Not to mention a real challenge to keep a spouse or any friends. Guess I just don't understand the constant rain cloud some folks live under. Go follow another team if all you can do is bitch about this one.

On the other hand I could just as easily write there are plenty of posters on here who are like women who stay with a husband who abuses them because they believe it will get better. Especially since he changed his shirt. I just can't understand how fans can accept continual 5-11 seasons. Must be great to go through life thinking continual failure is ok. How many "Wait'll Next Year" T-Shirts do you own?

But here we go again with the Kool Aid addicts attacking anyone who says anything negative about the team. Happens every year. Its as constant as the Cards 5-11 seasons.

Nobody knows what's going to happen this season. Far too many changes. With all these moves if you don't like posters being critical of some of them go find another message board to read.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I had the great fortune to attend the Cardinals practice in Colorado vs the Broncos the same week the baseball Cardinals were playing the brand new Colorado Rockies in Denver in 1993. Glyn Milburn simply looked like a super stud. He was so quick compared to every one else. Turned out to be a great KR but not so hot as a RB.

No worries about Ryan Williams. With Mendenhall, Williams, Taylor and Ellington we are much deeper at RB than last season. Looks to me like anyone of those guys could work as our #1 RB.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I went today. The crowd was great, my guess would be over 10k in the stands lots of families. There were fans on the east and west side. I always have liked Laron Byrd he just catches everything thrown his way I hope he catches the coaches eye. Ryan Williams looked very good as well making great cuts like he did his first summer in camp. That would be great if he can play.

The young backs Stepfan Taylor and Andre Ellington looked quit good. Especially Ellington who made some great moves. However the best reciever IMO besides Fitz who at least once was not on the same page as Palmer was Rob Housler. I like what I saw of this rook D.C. Jefferson TE The team looked fast in the two minute drill and Palmer moved the ball well. The deep pass was thrown deep and often!

If you get a chance go see BA and our team in action .

GBR

Great wrote up, thank you for taking the time to write a report for us. I am so amped for this season to begin!