Predict the Cards season now.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
How do you think this season will turn out now?

Getting past the rediculous turnovers today, I still feel this team has a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. They have the talent, they just need the confidence to get it done.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6-10 or 7-9

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
How do you think this season will turn out now?

Getting past the rediculous turnovers today, I still feel this team has a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. They have the talent, they just need the confidence to get it done.

Your kool-aid is seriously tainted...have you looked at our schedule for the next 3 weeks? What is going to change?
- Barely beat the 49ers
- Killed by the Seahags
- Handed Rams ANOTHER division win

So HOW EXACTLY do we get the playoffs this year? Is there a new category called "gift card" for totally inept teams to get in the playoffs?

Big Super

Kard's Kool-Aid Drinker
Reaction score
First Time Troll Poster:

Falcons - Loss
KC - Win
Bears - Loss
Raiders - Win
GB - Win
Clowboys - Loss
Lions - Loss
Vikes - Loss
Rams - Loss
Seahawks - Loss
Broncs - Loss
49ers - Loss
Charges - Loss

That puts us at 4-12 for the season. I was hoping to go 8 & 8 this year, but after the 49ers game, I figured 6-10 would be more likely. After watching us yesterday - ye gods, I just hope we don't end up with a 1st round draft pick.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First Time Troll Poster:

Falcons - Loss
KC - Win
Bears - Loss
Raiders - Win
GB - Win
Clowboys - Loss
Lions - Loss
Vikes - Loss
Rams - Loss
Seahawks - Loss
Broncs - Loss
49ers - Loss
Charges - Loss

That puts us at 4-12 for the season. I was hoping to go 8 & 8 this year, but after the 49ers game, I figured 6-10 would be more likely. After watching us yesterday - ye gods, I just hope we don't end up with a 1st round draft pick.

Looks right.

Do you know how hard you have to try to be bad to be 4-12 with James, Boldin, Fitz, Berry, Dockett, Hayes, Wilson etc etc

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this is possible but seing as we struggled to beat the Niners at home and just got beat by a woefully mediocre Rams team at home, looking at the schedule, we go 3-5 at the break and end up 5-11... again. ugh.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falcons - Loss
KC - Win
Bears - Loss
Raiders - Win
GB - Win
Clowboys - Loss
Lions - Win
Vikes - Win
Rams - Win
Seahawks - Loss
Broncs - Loss
49ers - Win
Charges - Loss

I predicted 8-8 and I'm standing by it. I do think we have a chance in Atlanta to pull out the upset! It will definitly show how much heart this team has.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falcons - Loss
KC - Win
Bears - Loss
Raiders - Win
GB - Win
Clowboys - Loss
Lions - Win
Vikes - Win
Rams - Win
Seahawks - Loss
Broncs - Loss
49ers - Win
Charges - Loss

I predicted 8-8 and I'm standing by it. I do think we have a chance in Atlanta to pull out the upset! It will definitly show how much heart this team has.

MadCard - you really think this team is going to go 3-5 at home and 5-3 on the road? They haven't shown up to play since the FIRST QUARTER OF THE FIRST GAME.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Falcons - Loss
KC - Win
Bears - Loss
Raiders - Win
GB - Win
Clowboys - Loss
Lions - Win
Vikes - Win
Rams - Win
Seahawks - Loss
Broncs - Loss
49ers - Win
Charges - Loss

The only thing saving this season would be a huge sack up move to bench Warner start Leinart and then he plays solid the whole way out.

This team needs to buck up and win a game it shouldn't win to get back on track, that starts this Sunday, if they've got an ounce of fight in them they better tear into Atlanta with everything they have.

The silly thing is that if they would play a mistake free game or close to it, they could beat Atlanta.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Respectability can be salvaged IF they pull an upset of Atlanta. But, I don't think Green will be able rally the troops around the flag.

Most probable outcome:

A record of something like 6-10. Bad, but not so bad as to make firing Green a slam dunk. After some waffling, the Bidwills decide to bring him back one more year. Yet another pick around #10.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCard - you really think this team is going to go 3-5 at home and 5-3 on the road? They haven't shown up to play since the FIRST QUARTER OF THE FIRST GAME.

Yes I do think it is possible.

I blasted the Cardinals for their play against the Seahawks. As a team they looked pathetic and unorganized. They deserved to be criticized for that game.

However I saw a much better Team this week. I saw an offensive line that took charge late in the fourth quarter and open holes for Edge. I saw the defense make stops when they needed to and give the offense a chance to win the game. These things give me a glimmer of hope. I think next week will be the ultimate test to see what this team is made of.

I honestly don't believe that this team did enough during the Pre-season. They are just now learning how to play together. I blame the coaches for that. There seemed to be a lack of urgancy during training camp.

I'm not ready to call them the same old Cardinals just yet. It's still way to early in the season.

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
They have one more win. Green Bay. And that's not a given.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the biggest unknown is Edge. He might have enough juice to engineer a QB change, along with a change in the OC's playcalling. Either of these events can change the course of the season.

It's too soon to write off the year, unless we remain static. If we don't make some hard choices then we could be looking at 3 wins (Raiders & KC).

The Shark

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
To me the biggest unknown is Edge. He might have enough juice to engineer a QB change, along with a change in the OC's playcalling. Either of these events can change the course of the season.

It's too soon to write off the year, unless we remain static. If we don't make some hard choices then we could be looking at 3 wins (Raiders & KC).

The Shark

Everyone needs to get off this KC win thing, they almost beat Denver in Denver.

With Trent back that game isn't a given.

I agree with you on the rest about Edge, he might be able to effect changes, he's the one most likely to get that done.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree with you on the rest about Edge, he might be able to effect changes, he's the one most likely to get that done.

And the Rams beat Denver and we should have beat the Rams who lost to the 49ers who we beat. So in a round about way.... we should win:koolaid:

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I couldn't bring myself to predict 2 - 14, so I picked the weakest of the remaining home games. I would have picked Detroit, but they have owned us recently - especially in games where we should have trashed them.

The problem with predicting the future is that the Cards keep coming up with new and novel ways of losing games.

The Shark

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dennis Green heads into his private lab and finishes developing his Top-Secret Jessica Alba Clones.

He makes them by the thousands and then sends them off to all NFL players and coaches (except, of course, the Cardinals).

All other NFL personel are so distracted by Ms. Alba (clones) dripping-hot sexuality that they find it impossible to work, watch film, or even practice.

Arizona sweeps the rest of the games on it's board and all the way to the ' Bowl!

Jessica Alba is then elected to the presidential office.

And god bless her for it.

*cries*

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
14-2 Baby! There is never too much Koolaid in the cup! At the end of the season, we'll all be laughing about how much we overreacted to the two losses.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
I would have picked Detroit, but they have owned us recently - especially in games where we should have trashed them.

The Shark

Imagine this...Kitna is stinking up Detroit so by the time we play them JM will be the QB and burn us for about 400+ passing and run for 80 yards while KW struggles to hold onto snaps and admits his color-blindness when it comes to receivers...