Question for Clippers fans

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
or Suns fans in SoCal.

What if the Lakers had beaten the Suns and the Clips and the Lakers played a series. . . who would have home court advantage?

By record, the Clips would have it, but since every game is being played in the same building--and it is a Laker's town--would it have given the Lakers the advantage for every game?

Imagine playing a series where the crowd roots for the other team in every game (Cards fans don't have to imagine, but the rest of you).

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I would think each season tix holder gets to go to that 'home' game?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The season ticket holders have to buy their playoff tickets like anyone else. Theoretically they are supposed to get priority, but in practice most of the seats are immediately snapped up by brokers no matter what.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Clipper floor would have the majority of the Clipper season ticket holders and vice versa--it would be a somewhat even crowd, more than in the season, but there still would have been a home court advantage. Not even in LA are there many people who could pay for tickets to every single playoff game in a Clipper vs. Laker series.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a Clippers board (besides the Real GM one) where real-life Clippers fans gather on the Internet?

tlim

Reaction score
It won't matter. Playing at the Staples vs. Lakers is like playing an away game for the Clippers. Lots more celebrities go to the Laker games than do the Clippers, and it's them who will buy the tickets from the broker.

So no, it would have been a lot of away games for the Clippers.

saxmanager

Reaction score
You guys are just hilarious!

Yes, there's a Clipper board.

http://p199.ezboard.com/bclippers

we'd love to have you guys over for cocktails!

To answer your question about home games in Staples, of course the Lakers have more fans in LA. They are the most storied franchise in NBA history, one of the best in all of sports, and the Clips have been the laughingstock and the butt of late night talkshow host's jokes for as long as they've been in LA, about twenty five years, give or take. They've been the very definition of a poorly run franchise. For example, Mychal Thompson calls them the JV team in LA. There was a rumor that the powers that be at Staples were going to put up sales of those "hallway" series Clipper playoff home game tickets to LAKER season ticket holders before the general public!

I don't know if that actually happened, but even if there were an unusual amount of Laker fans at the Clipper home games, the Clips to a man wanted to meet them in a seven game series.

As you guys know, and if not will soon find out, this is not your usual Clipper team!

saxmanager

Reaction score
tlim said:
It won't matter. Playing at the Staples vs. Lakers is like playing an away game for the Clippers. Lots more celebrities go to the Laker games than do the Clippers, and it's them who will buy the tickets from the broker.

So no, it would have been a lot of away games for the Clippers.

I can tell you this.

I've been to both Clipper and Laker games. I was at game two of the Clipper-Nugget series, and I've never heard Staples louder and more enthusiastic. Clipper fans tend to be more blue collar, and less inhibited than Laker fans. And don't forget, WE'VE got BILLY CHRYSTAL!

HooverDam

Reaction score
saxmanager said:
I can tell you this.

I've been to both Clipper and Laker games. I was at game two of the Clipper-Nugget series, and I've never heard Staples louder and more enthusiastic. Clipper fans tend to be more blue collar, and less inhibited than Laker fans. And don't forget, WE'VE got BILLY CHRYSTAL!

Dont forget Frankie Munez!&#&!&!&!!

Who do the Suns "have"....Alice Cooper and Jenna Jamison maybe? Awesome.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I just thought of sort of a negative about us beating the Lakers... it would awfully fun to see the Clippers whip their butts. That would even more humiliating for them!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
saxmanager said:
I can tell you this.

Now this is an NBA team I could get with. Kind of like the Cardinals of Pro Basketball. Hmmmm.............

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Do they even exist? Aren't Clipper fans just Laker fans who haven't made it yet?
Dogg - you're ok, but in general i have more respect for Clipper fans - any tool can be a fan of a perennial winner - it takes character to back a team like the clips - or the cards...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
justAndy said:
Dogg - you're ok, but in general i have more respect for Clipper fans - any tool can be a fan of a perennial winner - it takes character to back a team like the clips - or the cards...

So does that make me a character tool? :)