Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok people.. Who has heard this yet? Is it only me bumping this cd on a daily basis? Dude puts alot of people to shame.. None of that bling pop rap.. Just gritty ryhmes and lyrics.. Next album is gonna be on Aftermath.. Dre scooped him up..

This Joell Ortiz is pretty nice.. Guess he's signed to Aftermath but this isnt his Aftermath debut.. Its some cd he did before Aftermath..

You must be registered for see images attach

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are some tracks to dl off it?

Truthfully I like pretty much 95% of the album.. Heres the tracklisting.. The 125's get kinda played after the 2nd one.. But the bold ones are the ones I play the most..

1. 125 (The Bio)
2. Brooklyn Remix
3. Caught Up
4. Night In My P's
5. 125 (Fresh Air)
6. Hip Hop
7. Modern Day Slavery
8. 125 (Connections)
9. BQC
10. Block Royal
11. Latino
12. Keep On Callin'
13. Time Is Money
14. Brooklyn B*******
15. 125 (Finale)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go Philly.. Seen this RZA interview?

http://www.thaformula.com/the_rza_the_way_of_the_samurai.html

ThaFormula.com - Now the expectations for Raekwon's "Cuban Linx II" are getting ridiculous, what exactly are you doing for that album production wise?

Rza - That **** sounds raw. Listen when I made the first "Cuban Linx," me personally, my personal investment into it, like I told Raekwon and Ghost, "this album is gonna attract all the gangstas *****, all the thugs and everybody is going to be listening to this ****." That was the meaning of it though. But I deal with mathematics. I deal with justice and equality. I ain't really trying to promote gangsterism because I don't need ****** to be repeating no bad history, having no consciousness of what the **** we doing. But at the same time, you have to attract those ****** to the dinner table to. So that album was sent to attract them. GZA was sent to attract the college students. It was thought out. So right now it's like yo, we need more of these real ****** back in here again. We got different fans of all breeds, but now we got to bring some more of these real ****** back in too because that's the strength of it. When you see the real thug ****** out there, that keeps it thorough. Because the nerd ******, they ain't made to fight, they made to teach. They need thug ****** to protect them. That's why you will see a wise man, somebody like Minister Farrakhan who is a wise man. He don't throw a punch or nothing, but the men he got around him don't play that ****.

ThaFormula.com - Are you and (Dr) Dre really actually working together on this "Cuban Linx II" album?

Rza - Yeah, we working together on that album. I mean I was in Dre's studio for months. The beats he got, I chose that beat like "yo, I want that one yo." He was like "you want that one? Bam! Here." It was like that yo, it was much respect between us man.

ThaFormula.com - So I have to ask what I ask everyone that messes with Dre, how do you feel about all the stories and accusations about Dre not being a real producer or having ghost producers?

Rza - Dr. Dre is a master homie, trust me! All that **** ****** try to say, "blah, blah, blah," that ***** is a master son. There is nobody who ever touched the board that made Hip-Hop sound as clear, heavy and strong as he did.

ThaFormula.com - Not even you?

Rza - Nah *****, his **** is clear *****. You put his CD in, his **** fills your whole car up. My **** make you wanna drive fast and crash and **** a ***** up, but it ain't clear like that. You got to hear my **** 20 times to hear what the **** we said sometimes. You hear his **** on the first listen. You know that, I know that and I told him that. That's why if you look at Jay-Z's album it says "mixed by Dr. Dre" ***** and you never heard Just Blaze music sound so good. He's a master man.

ThaFormula.com - So is that how it's going down with "Cuban Linx II?"

Rza - Nah, we are going both ways with it. I'm not gonna talk about it too much because it's something that's got to be sold, but I will say the Dr (Dre) loves what I do. He hears my **** and it's like "******** *****!" I hear his **** like "damn *****!" It's like ying and yang and ****. My **** make a ***** frown and his **** make a ***** smile and that's all it is man.

ThaFormula.com - How deep are you into the new Wu Tang album now?

Rza - I'm gonna leave it right there because your asking the F.B.I. questions and ****!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres one for ya philly.. from your hometown.. I aint heard this in a minute.. but since i just got an mpe player i was addind songs to it and found this.. added a bunch from it.. i even forgot Biggie was on a song too..

You must be registered for see images

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heres one for ya philly.. from your hometown.. I aint heard this in a minute.. but since i just got an mpe player i was addind songs to it and found this.. added a bunch from it.. i even forgot Biggie was on a song too..

You must be registered for see images

Ahhh Tra Lee. He's a lawyer now Gee. Talk about your career switch! :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How many of these threads does there have to be? Good grief!

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
can you name some good Lupe and pharell songs?

Lupe Fiasco - "Kick, Push", "The Instrumental", "Daydreamin", "The Cool", "American Terrorist", "Mean and Vicious", "Handcuffs", "Conflict Diamonds", "Spray Paint and Ink Pens"

Pharrell - Lapdance, Rock Star, basically anything related to N.E.R.D., his beats made with the Neptunes, he also has a solo album

They are going to call themselves CRS. Don't know what that stands for though.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Lupe Fiasco - "Kick, Push", "The Instrumental", "Daydreamin", "The Cool", "American Terrorist", "Mean and Vicious", "Handcuffs", "Conflict Diamonds", "Spray Paint and Ink Pens"

Pharrell - Lapdance, Rock Star, basically anything related to N.E.R.D., his beats made with the Neptunes, he also has a solo album

They are going to call themselves CRS. Don't know what that stands for though.

thanks

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost & Found

I love this song...this'll prolly be my only post in this thread (using Gee-speak just for you!)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=90&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
This isn't the real video--just where you can hear it if you don't know it or are interested...

Lost & Found - Will Smith

Original – A first form from which varieties arise
An authentic work of art as opposed to an imitation or reproduction

Why should I try to sound like y'all sound
That’s what’s wrong with the rap game right now
Man, it’s like a circus wit a bunch of clowns
Wit a bunch of clicks I’ll probably rap circles around

I spit heatrock and I ain’t talking rollin
Soon as the beat knock I’m crowd controlling
When I hear y'all that a awful sound
I don’t ride beats I take them off the ground
Land them somewhere show them the town
Even on foreign ground I let them know I’m around
I don’t follow everybody when it’s time to rap
At one time everybody thought the world was flat
Sounds like you that was my intention
I paid dues now dudes pay attention
I live for it even though the flicks is hittin’
Cribs sick you can see the booth from the kitchen
Speak on it cause I saw it happen
This is hip hop dawg
I ain’t just rappin
Y'all looking at a real MC
Man you couldn’t check a mic for me

That’s what’s wrong wit the rap game right now
Why should I try to flow the way y'all flow
Or do a show like y'all show
Naw that ain’t where my head at now
Y'all in the hip hop lost and found
Man, that’s wrong with the rap game right now
It’s like a circus wit a bunch of clowns
Wit a bunch of clicks
I’ll probably rap circles around

Let’s talk about rhyme capability
Let’s talk about hip hop versatility
Let’s talk about taking the game beyond
Now how the hell we gon have a battle of wits
Trick you ain’t armed
Let’s talk about love for the game
I mean real love
Back before there was fame
I’m real wit it
I ain’t claiming to reign
But when y'all talk about rap
Y'all gon start saying my name
For real though I ain’t playin
Plenty of y'all love a brotha just scared to say it
Yo the first ever rap grammy
Let’s talk about the only reason yo ass went to Miami
(Yup) truck wit rims (check) throw back jersey (check)
champagne bottles (check) lot’s of models (check)
Damn that’s the list for 90 percent of y'all videos and songs
Am I wrong

LOST
When you a slave to the biz
Wit no care for the cost of what you sayin to kids
FOUND
Is when ya lyrics are a test of time
And your mom hear that your spirit is blessed divine
LOST
Is when you rhyme til your throat gets sore
But you don’t even believe what you say no more
FOUND
Is when you bleed heart into the mic
And the pain you sustain it can change a life
LOST
Is when you hide behind the freedom of speech
While sure you’re free to do it
But what it mean to do it
Did you mean to do it
Did you need to do it
Did you take time to think about the seeds you ruined
FOUND Is ESCO, dead PREZ and them
FOUND Is Lauren Hill
FOUND Is Rakim
FOUND Can be you
If you felt the message and ask yourself this question:

Why should I try to sound like ya’ll sound

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this song...this'll prolly be my only post in this thread (using Gee-speak just for you!)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=90&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Something just dont feel right about Will Smith preaching in one of his songs.. He's always been the care free rapper that likes to have fun for the most part, so for him to be talking the way he is in that song is weird.. The beat is, ugh, not so good and odd to me too, cant put my finger on why.. All the shot outs to Nas lead me to believe Nas ghost wrote this song for him which would explain alot of things if true.. I did hear Nas was ghost writing an album for him once so it aint totally outta left field..

I'll have to pass.. Gimme the old Will Smith.. :)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something just dont feel right about Will Smith preaching in one of his songs.. He's always been the care free rapper that likes to have fun for the most part, so for him to be talking the way he is in that song is weird.. The beat is, ugh, not so good and odd to me too, cant put my finger on why.. All the shout outs to Nas lead me to believe Nas ghost wrote this song for him which would explain alot of things if true.. I did hear Nas was ghost writing an album for him once so it aint totally outta left field..

I'll have to pass.. Gimme the old Will Smith.. :)
?? 'splain please, for the uninformed :)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
?? 'splain please, for the uninformed :)

FOUND Is ESCO, dead PREZ and them
FOUND Is Lauren Hill
FOUND Is Rakim

ESCO is Nas aka Escobar.. He says his name first.. A shot out is like giving props.. In the late 80's early 90's rappers used to have a song at the end of their albums that all they did was name off everyone that they shot out..

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESCO is Nas aka Escobar.. He says his name first.. A shot out is like giving props.. In the late 80's early 90's rappers used to have a song at the end of their albums that all they did was name off everyone that they shot out..
That's the part I didn't know...the rest I got. :) Thanks!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This new T.I. "T.I. vs T.I.P." takes a few listens before you get it.. Its not like his other albums.. I can really only hear one monster banger, "Big Sh*t Poppin' (Do It)".. There is one other song that could be huge.. At first I was thinking WTF is this? But I gave it a chance and its actually one of the better albums Ive heard in awhile.. Its a more personal album..

OP
OP
Brandon_Webb

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Picked up a some CD's today

Wu-Tang Clan-The W
Wu-Tang Clan-Wu-Tang Forever
Xzibit-Man Vs. Machine
Shyhiem-The Lost Generation
Mobb Deep-Murda Muzik

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
This new T.I. "T.I. vs T.I.P." takes a few listens before you get it.. Its not like his other albums.. I can really only hear one monster banger, "Big Sh*t Poppin' (Do It)".. There is one other song that could be huge.. At first I was thinking WTF is this? But I gave it a chance and its actually one of the better albums Ive heard in awhile.. Its a more personal album..

Snapped this album up on it's release date in OZ (As I'm the biggest T.I.P fan in the Southern Hemisphere!) and I have to agree with you. There's a few stella tracks, but at the moment it doesn't have that unskippable vibe that Urban Legend has. Mannie Fresh's track doesn't have the same appeal to it as previous hits like 'The Greatest' and 'Top Back'. But like most Mannie Fresh tracks, it'll probably grow on me.

I was also surprised to see no DJ Toomp track. He is probably in my top 5 for producers. He and T.I bring out the best in eachother.

Still, T.I. is without a doubt the most talented rapper to come out of the south (sans OutKast) He is so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny.

_______

Hey Gee,

I recently downloaded a Rick Ross song dissing T.I. over Snoop Dogg's 'Beautiful', do you know what this was about? Because at the moment they're both on the D.J Khaled song 'We Takin' Over'

Last edited:

kellthaqtpie

Reaction score

i agree...TI is dope!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score