Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Those that say Jay's lyrics are weak and his delivery is bad.....Wow.

All I can do is just shake my head. I'm not saying that you HAVE to be a Hov jockster but "wack"? What songs are you dudes listening to for real? Jay's worst stuff smokes half of what's out right now. That being said Ghostface is my favorite m.c. out right now, period.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All I can do is just shake my head. I'm not saying that you HAVE to be a Hov jockster but "wack"? What songs are you dudes listening to for real? Jay's worst stuff smokes half of what's out right now. That being said Ghostface is my favorite m.c. out right now, period.

jay, while having an impeccable delivery, lifts so much stuff from other rappers it is silly...even in a genre where you lift stuff from others. He's great to listen to..his flow is perfect. But he needs to be more original. IMO.

Not that I dont' think he's one of the best out there, but if you want to lift something, lift it from pop culture like Luda's Number One Shot and not from artists still rapping like Jay seems to do.

I'll still DL Jay's stuff, but I prefer guys who are making salt from their own heads. Or at least put a spin on it like Cham's Hip Hop Police did (with so much drama in the in-dus-try) was a clever take on snoop. And a good song, to boot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jay, while having an impeccable delivery, lifts so much stuff from other rappers it is silly...even in a genre where you lift stuff from others. He's great to listen to..his flow is perfect. But he needs to be more original. IMO.

Not that I dont' think he's one of the best out there, but if you want to lift something, lift it from pop culture like Luda's Number One Shot and not from artists still rapping like Jay seems to do.

I'll still DL Jay's stuff, but I prefer guys who are making salt from their own heads. Or at least put a spin on it like Cham's Hip Hop Police did (with so much drama in the in-dus-try) was a clever take on snoop. And a good song, to boot.

Exactly. Jay's delivery is good, his lyrics are mostly good as well. He doesn't lift a lot of stuff from Biggie for example.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only heard Jay-z rapping on a credit card/beer commercial. Interesting.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard most of those before. Funny hearing them all together though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I died laughing the first time I heard it. I still like Jay-Z too. :)

Its no coincidence that his best songs, aren't ones listed on that mp3.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Been hearing some of these tracks and they sound crazy (nice).. Jay definitly took it there this time.. Basically what he predicted.. Reasonable Doubt mixed with some The Blueprint with old 70's samples and whatnot..

:thumbup:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's Jay-Z on Letterman with a "Roc Boys" performance from the new cd..

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I don't know must be an Eastcoast thing or something, because all his stuff sounds the same, pretty much goes nowhere and he's so commercial it's pathetic. Only people that I have known to own a Jay Z CD where some past GirlFriends and some of my Freshman little brothers friends. Jay - Z is an MTV icon, not a hip hop icon, people see him on Making of a Video, right between Real World: Sydney and My Super Sweet Sixteen.

And another thing it hella wack that Jay Z even kicks a 2 pac rhyme, when Pac thought he was a chump, same with Nas, thats some little girl stuff right there

OP
OP
Brandon_Webb

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be one of the biggest Jigga haters because I love Nas, but I first started listening to D'evils and Dead Presidents. Just got a copy of Reasonable Doubt and I can't stop playing it, it's a definite classic I really don't think it's too far behind Illmatic.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know must be an Eastcoast thing or something, because all his stuff sounds the same, pretty much goes nowhere and he's so commercial it's pathetic. Only people that I have known to own a Jay Z CD where some past GirlFriends and some of my Freshman little brothers friends. Jay - Z is an MTV icon, not a hip hop icon, people see him on Making of a Video, right between Real World: Sydney and My Super Sweet Sixteen.

And another thing it hella wack that Jay Z even kicks a 2 pac rhyme, when Pac thought he was a chump, same with Nas, thats some little girl stuff right there

I watch zero MTV so I dont even know the shows your talking about.. The fact that you do, points in the direction you watch MTV.. See where Im going with this?

And as far as you alluding to only females and little kids listening to Jay-Z.. Well, where were you when Jay first came out? That was over 10 years ago..

And you have to get over this 2pac hating people thing.. 2pac is gone..

Anyone who says Exxorcist the Evil Pimp (or whatever dudes name was) is a must buy, doesnt rank very on credibility in hip hop with me..

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I watch zero MTV so I dont even know the shows your talking about.. The fact that you do, points in the direction you watch MTV.. See where Im going with this?

And as far as you alluding to only females and little kids listening to Jay-Z.. Well, where were you when Jay first came out? That was over 10 years ago..

And you have to get over this 2pac hating people thing.. 2pac is gone..

Anyone who says Exxorcist the Evil Pimp (or whatever dudes name was) is a must buy, doesnt rank very on credibility in hip hop with me..

Your a Square bear!!! And I just posted a link for some folks who might like E-Pimp, I'm a grown ass man I aint to net bang with you over if Jay - Z is dope or not. Post some of that dude from PHX, you was talking about I'm down to hear that, mane and not lots of females and they always got some bootsy ass MTV show going, but anyway, GEE, get off my hype. I know you tend too get drunk and put some E-mo ass rant, tryna to yell at folks on the Net, try a diffrent method, its all gravy.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your a Square bear!!! And I just posted a link for some folks who might like E-Pimp, I'm a grown ass man I aint to net bang with you over if Jay - Z is dope or not. Post some of that dude from PHX, you was talking about I'm down to hear that, mane and not lots of females and they always got some bootsy ass MTV show going, but anyway, GEE, get off my hype. I know you tend too get drunk and put some E-mo ass rant, tryna to yell at folks on the Net, try a diffrent method, its all gravy.

:biglaugh:

Im surprised Im the one this board labels the wanna be gangsta after some of your posts like these.. No, really..

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Im surprised Im the one this board labels the wanna be gangsta after some of your posts like these.. No, really..

Homie, I am official, no wanna be, Ive got my stripes along time ago, I'm as official in the game as I am a Card Fan, did my time and got lots of lil homies too ride, I read you rant about Gangs, but I'm deep, On the real. Still this is for fun, why you gotta be so hard on a message board, drop talk about Fitz or A-dub this discusssion is history

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Homie, I am official, no wanna be, Ive got my stripes along time ago, I'm as official in the game as I am a Card Fan, did my time and got lots of lil homies too ride, I read you rant about Gangs, but I'm deep, On the real. Still this is for fun, why you gotta be so hard on a message board, drop talk about Fitz or A-dub this discusssion is history

And it just keeps getting better.. The foil hat wearing dude speaks on this..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05