Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I have net banged. It can be fun...but I don't think Gee is interested in that, either Devon.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok.. Jay-Z came out today.. I will now attempt to go buy it.. lol.. Ill report back my findings.. :thumbup:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha.. Went a lil crazy.. Got Jays new one.. Gorilla Zoe and Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Californication"..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rapper Jay-Z Takes On Elvis For Most #1 Albums
Published Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:44 AM

You must be registered for see images

By Houston Williams
If all goes Jay-Z's way, the rap mogul will tie rock legend Elvis for the most number one albums in history, a feat that depends on the success of the rapper's American Gangster album.

Jay-Z, born Shawn Carter, landed his ninth number one album last year with Kingdom Come, which sold about 680,000 in its first week, the rapper's best to date.

The Kingdom Come album put Jay-Z in a tie with another iconic rock act, The Rolling Stones, who have landed number nine number one albums throughout their 40-year career.

If Jay-Z's American Gangster sells well, only The Beatles would have offered the music world more number one albums, with an incredible 19.

American Gangster's main opposition include Cassidy’s highly anticipated album B.A.R.S. and Nas' Greatest Hits package which landed in stores today (November 6) as well.

In related news, Jay-Z announced that the American Gangster album will not be available on iTunes.

"As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles," Jay-Z said, noting that the album could be purchased online at Rocafella.com, Amazon.com and Rhapsody.com.

In addition to debuting a video for "Roc Boys" this week, Jay-Z will be featured on VH1's Storytellers series, which airs on November 8.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/11/06/18842244.aspx

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
ok.. Jay-Z came out today.. I will now attempt to go buy it.. lol.. Ill report back my findings.. :thumbup:

I am only about 6 songs through it, but I am loving a few of the tracks....hopefully the rest of the CD will be as good as the start. Just a different sound to his beats on this CD.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am only about 6 songs through it, but I am loving a few of the tracks....hopefully the rest of the CD will be as good as the start. Just a different sound to his beats on this CD.

That's because Diddy and somebody else went in the studio with him and produced them.

I'm interested in hearing this album.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the whole thing.. Only a few that didnt strike me right away, but my after I listen more.. Its definitly not the radio rap these days where all you have to do is memorize a hook and your good.. Whole cd is top notch..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because Diddy and somebody else went in the studio with him and produced them.

I'm interested in hearing this album.

Actually.. The beats that Diddy did were made in the 90's and he just found them.. Diddy and the Hitmen made them.. And Jay scooped them up right away when hearing them specifically for the cd..

I looked at the credits last nite..

Diddy and the Hitmen do about 75%
Just Blaze does one or two
and the Neptunes do one or two

There might be another person Im forgetting that doesnt have a well known name, but those are the producers..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually.. The beats that Diddy did were made in the 90's and he just found them.. Diddy and the Hitmen made them.. And Jay scooped them up right away when hearing them specifically for the cd..

I looked at the credits last nite..

Diddy and the Hitmen do about 75%
Just Blaze does one or two
and the Neptunes do one or two

There might be another person Im forgetting that doesnt have a well known name, but those are the producers..

There's a cool article in Entertainment Weekly about the making of this CD.

Found it online for you...good read.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2 songs that have stuck out so far to me real good are "Hello Brooklyn" and "Roc Boys"..

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What, no tracks from Da Excorsist aka Evil Pimp?

You trippen, you can nutt hang to mainstream ass sorry rappers that get play by subarban folks that let MTV tell you whats cool.

Evil Pimp has some knockers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0kQ8PozANU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h827zIVD9eM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcwKI4JjvOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzNJIPJ5PC0

Yall stick too mainstream, If everyone listened too the same crap, would all be clones. this is some Indie ass no record label, mEMPHIS RAP. Clown me u guys sniffin Jay z JOCK ARE JUST A BUNCH OF PEOPLE PROGRAMMED BY MTV, I THINK 4 MYSELF!!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am seriously starting to think that perhaps you may have multiple personality disorder.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you. The Devon we see in this thread, and the Devon from P&R are polar opposites.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for a tattoo, to get some ink done. I asked for a 13, and I got a 31.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friends say he's trying too hard
And he's not quite hip
But in his own mind
He's the, he's the dopest trip

???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads