Ray Thompson suspended four games

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No man - the whole theme like he is a baby killer or something worse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmt
No man - the whole theme like he is a baby killer or something worse.

nobody's saying he should be cut or anything - it's just like some people to see criticism and then blow that criticism skyhigh in their own minds and decide to rip on others - people are saying he's an idiot - he knew the consequences of his actions and yet continued to hurt himself - that is an idiot - what is the problem with that?

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you really want to void his contract over this? He will pay the price ($) for his discretion/suspension. What is he accused of really?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmt
Do you really want to void his contract over this? He will pay the price ($) for his discretion/suspension. What is he accused of really?

No - where the hell did I ever say that? He is accused of being an idiot basically - which if he broke the rules - he is - and he is accused of putting himself and his precious alcohol (no matter how much or little it was) in front of the team - and that not only makes him an idiot - but a jackass as well.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I admit to not knowing the circumstances surrounding his DUI, but he could have been just unlucky (it happens). So what are the rules - he can't ever have a drink after that? I don't know but I've had enough of Big Brother. Yeah, he knows the rules and let down his teamates and us fans no doubt. I'm just saying we don't need to crucify him without all the facts. Cheers!

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow...I thought this was football, not the Billy Graham talk-athon. I played college football and I know that half of the team smoked weed and at least a quarter did coke, acid, shrooms and the rest. About eighty percent drank alot. Now, lets go into any other professional field and I guarantee you that a large number of workers from the lowest on the totem to the CEO are living in a similar fashion. I find it hillarious to listen to people who will drink a bottle of whiskey and bash on someone for smoking weed...which guy would you rather be in the same room with? The NFL is ridiculous with their policies on drugs...actually, this entire nations drug-policies are ridiculous...Freedom and Justice for all...yahoo.

oh yeah...after 24 years...I still love my cards...much love and peace be with you Ray.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I too was an early jumper on the roid thing and i am sorry and take back my statements about cutting him. I still think he is an idiot for drinking when he knows the consequences ahead.

I wonder how his teamates actually feel about this. I wonder how bidwill feels about this too.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LittleDavis
Wow...I thought this was football, not the Billy Graham talk-athon. I played college football and I know that half of the team smoked weed and at least a quarter did coke, acid, shrooms and the rest. About eighty percent drank alot. Now, lets go into any other professional field and I guarantee you that a large number of workers from the lowest on the totem to the CEO are living in a similar fashion. I find it hillarious to listen to people who will drink a bottle of whiskey and bash on someone for smoking weed...which guy would you rather be in the same room with? The NFL is ridiculous with their policies on drugs...actually, this entire nations drug-policies are ridiculous...Freedom and Justice for all...yahoo.

oh yeah...after 24 years...I still love my cards...much love and peace be with you Ray.

Great post LittleDavis. I agree 100%. Telling a young man he can never have another drink if he wants to play football is ridiculous. Why not make smoking, red meat, and eggs illegal also? Too much of any of those will harm your body according to some doctors. The crazy thing about it is the fact that most doctors agree that an alcoholic drink daily is actually good for your body and mind.

I think the football players union should start fighting the NFL on this substance abuse policy and tell them to stick it, just like the baseball players union has.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Eating a burger and driving isn't against the law. If you smoke weed at Home Depot and get caught you get canned. You don't get suspended and get to keep a $2 mil. signing bonus.

He's a big boy and he knew the consequences of his actions. If he doesn't like it he can go apply at Safeway.

I wouldn't shed any tears for Raynoch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
Eating a burger and driving isn't against the law. If you smoke weed at Home Depot and get caught you get canned. You don't get suspended and get to keep a $2 mil. signing bonus.

He's a big boy and he knew the consequences of his actions. If he doesn't like it he can go apply at Safeway.

I wouldn't shed any tears for Raynoch.

amen.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
I think the football players union should start fighting the NFL on this substance abuse policy and tell them to stick it, just like the baseball players union has.

NFLPA agreed to all this in the CBA. They didn't have to but they know it ends up being in the best interest of the league. Ray knew the rules and messed up. Now he must pay the piper.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great post LittleDavis. I agree 100%. Telling a young man he can never have another drink if he wants to play football is ridiculous. Why not make smoking, red meat, and eggs illegal also? Too much of any of those will harm your body according to some doctors. The crazy thing about it is the fact that most doctors agree that an alcoholic drink daily is actually good for your body and mind.

what you guys are failing to recognize is that this is NOT an unilaterally imposed rule on players. this is something BARGAINED for with the union. thus, the players are REPRESENTED and HAVE A SAY in whether such rules are instituted. now you can argue that the union does not accurately reflect the will of all the players, but you cannot deny that the players union has allowed the players greater control of their careers, not to mention allowed them to make more money. they are part of the rule-making . . . if they then individually go out and break those rules, damn straight they should be held accountable. none of this changes the fact that ray knew the rules, broke 'em, got caught, and has hurt his team. idiot.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think your going a little far. No one said he can never drink again. He got a DUI had to enter a program and needed to abstain for 2 years...2 years thats it and he was days away from getting off the program and could have drank all he wanted.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
I think your going a little far. No one said he can never drink again. He got a DUI had to enter a program and needed to abstain for 2 years...2 years thats it and he was days away from getting off the program and could have drank all he wanted.

I wonder if Leonard Little had to give up drinking and killing innocent people for 2 years...

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Originally posted by DRVNFAST
He's an idiot cause he had a drink on the flight home?

I would have had a bottle of Crown on that plane if I played for this team.
:stupid:

Really, I would be driven to drink if I played for this team too!

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I wonder if Leonard Little had to give up drinking and killing innocent people for 2 years...

I am pretty sure that the CBA has a claus on killing innocent people, the first offense is a gimmie. After that you are put on the Innocent Life Abuse Program.