Rebuilding Time

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
We aren't winning with this team. A bunch of no-good chokers, that goes for Nash too, and his gazillion turnovers. Break them apart. Heck I'd even trade Amare to get more clutch players.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Who would have thought Nash becomes the biggest choker and turd in the playoffs? Could have been Diaw or Amare, but our PG?

Time to trade him so we can get a younger more agile PG.

I'm confused by Diaw. Playing like a french turd all season and performs his best in the playoffs.

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Im passing on the 09 season. Wake me up in 2010.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought Nash becomes the biggest choker and turd in the playoffs? Could have been Diaw or Amare, but our PG?

Time to trade him so we can get a younger more agile PG.

I'm confused by Diaw. Playing like a french turd all season and performs his best in the playoffs.

Yeah, once they were down 3-0...

Texsun

Reaction score
A little too much hate for a great point guard. His age appears to have overcome his amazing instincts for the game. The scales seem to have tipped in the wrong direction for a great sun.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
rebuild? huh?

Shaq makes 40-45% of the entire team's salary cap. There will be no rebuilding for 2 more seasons when his contract is up

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns would be wise to look for a better PG in the draft. And a playmaking shooting guard who does more than stand still and take jumpers. Wonder if anyone would take Diaw or Barbosa for a better first round pick.

When in doubt, call the Knicks.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
The team is fine. We need fair officiating to have a shot. Spurs will only get older and Lakers live and die by Kobe's emotions.

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
Before we go dismantling this whole thing, lets remember one thing. The Suns played approximately 35 games with Shaq and in 3 of our losses in this series we got out executed in the 4th quarter by a team that has a core that has been together for almost 6 years.

Maybe, I'm just being an optimist but it sure sounds a lot better than blowing it all up and starting from scratch.

cly2tw

Reaction score
we weren't winning with this coach.

In every year with DA, we have serious injury to at least one of our key players. That's not by coincidence.

Hill didn't need to play the final 5 games with his injury, but he did.

I believe Nash was having something bothering in this series too.

Bell was even openly complaining early this season that he was hurt and would have preferred not to play.

We gave away two 1st rounders to give away Kurt who was crucial for Spurs to beat us. All because DA wouldn't have used him in regular rotation to justify payment of 16 mil.

One of the above things changed, we might have come out winners.

DA and LB need to go. The rest should work out for itself.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Nash probably has 1-2 good years left. With DA gone and the inability to move Shaq, Nash has to be traded. He is at his best when he can control the whole offense. In order for us to compete in this series, his role was significantly reduced, he even admitted himself that he felt lost in the offense.

I think we should use Boris as our starting PG. If he can guard a fast **** like Parker, he can keep up with the majority of the league. I would like for them to move Barbosa and the 15th pick for an upper tier SG. A new coach with who demands defense and a controlled offense is needed but I have no idea where Kerr can find one. (Avery Johnson? :eek:)

If we can get the same Shaq from this year, I'd be content. He's still a big body that can clean up the boards and deter drives to the basket. He's gotta practice those 5 ft gimmes though.

A lineup of Boris, New SG, Hill, Amare, Shaq should be a strong enough unit to compete.

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind the idea of trading Barbosa and the 15th pick, but I would trade them for a younger point guard (Jose Calderon immediately comes to mind). Then move Boris into the SG/SF hole.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I don't mind the idea of trading Barbosa and the 15th pick, but I would trade them for a younger point guard (Jose Calderon immediately comes to mind). Then move Boris into the SG/SF hole.

Toronto is supposedly having intentions on dropping either Calderon or TJ Ford. I would take any of them.

Kerr, get it done!!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Get some kind of point guard that will play to give nash some rest. If we had some significant help (or used some that we already had) nash would last a lot longer.

I'd say do what you can to see if you can get Rose in the draft. He will be a great NBA player, and could play right away. It would take more than just the ATL pick and barbosa, but try for that trade with maybe a filler player. Keep him and nash in the backcourt.

Try and trade for some defensive minding players. We could still score just fine when Marion left, and should still be able to put up a lot of points, we just need to be able to stop some people. We get killed at almost every position, but a guy like artest would really help.

We have to use more of the roster for playing time with the older guys on the team. Give the younger guys more than garbage time to prove they belong. Who knows, they might actually shut someone down and we can find a defender without trading for one.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Nash probably has 1-2 good years left. With DA gone and the inability to move Shaq, Nash has to be traded. He is at his best when he can control the whole offense. In order for us to compete in this series, his role was significantly reduced, he even admitted himself that he felt lost in the offense.

I think we should use Boris as our starting PG. If he can guard a fast **** like Parker, he can keep up with the majority of the league. I would like for them to move Barbosa and the 15th pick for an upper tier SG. A new coach with who demands defense and a controlled offense is needed but I have no idea where Kerr can find one. (Avery Johnson? :eek:)

If we can get the same Shaq from this year, I'd be content. He's still a big body that can clean up the boards and deter drives to the basket. He's gotta practice those 5 ft gimmes though.

A lineup of Boris, New SG, Hill, Amare, Shaq should be a strong enough unit to compete.

Perhaps Boris fooled alot of ASFN "experts" he was very difficult for the spurs when on the floor with the good shooters(spacing). But depending on Hill as a starter? Are you kidding?