reported FA deals

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not already reported, Marvin Williams agrees to a four-year, $54.5 million deal to stay with the Hornets.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And now 16/2 for Anthony Tolliver, a 30-year-old career 9th man who has averaged better than 7 ppg exactly once in his career, seven years ago.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it just me or do Marvin Williams and especially Affalo's deals seem pretty reasonable in this market?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavs to sign Harrison Barnes to four year max offer sheet on July 7th.

I guess they are hoping the Warriors sign Durant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavs to sign Harrison Barnes to four year max offer sheet on July 7th.

I guess they are hoping the Warriors sign Durant.

I'm stunned it took a team this long to put pressure on the Warriors. Although... With the waiting period, the three days match period doesn't begin until after the official signing date begins, right?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm stunned it took a team this long to put pressure on the Warriors. Although... With the waiting period, the three days match period doesn't begin until after the official signing date begins, right?

Yeah. The Warriors will match unless in the unlikely event they land Durant.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Did the Rockets just commit $53 million to James Harden's backup?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's my understanding. The Warriors would have three days to match the Mavs offer sheet if Harrison signs it July 1st. This is the first day he can sign an offer sheet.

I give the Mavs credit for having the guts to roll the dice.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see Tucker and Dudley being the Suns starting PF and SF. double Ouch. Keep both in the locker room please.

That's exactly what I meant, Tucker at SF and Dudley at PF. It even hurts when I write it.

The things is, who is going to rebound if Dudley starts at PF and Tucker or Warren starts at SF? The Suns have a size issue at the forwards. It could get ugly unless Bender and Chriss can produce now which seems unlikely.

Maybe the Suns plan to play Len at PF as well. If so, the Suns need to look at adding another center to the roster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's exactly what I meant, Tucker at SF and Dudley at PF. It even hurts when I write it.

The things is, who is going to rebound if Dudley starts at PF and Tucker or Warren starts at SF? The Suns have a size issue at the forwards. It could get ugly unless Bender and Chriss can produce now which seems unlikely.

Maybe the Suns plan to play Len at PF as well. If so, the Suns need to look at adding another center to the roster.

Let it get ugly!!!!

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Derek Cooke, Richard Solomon or Alan Williams. One of these players has to pan out and play. I'd rather watch them then the two old guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let it get ugly!!!!
That's what I say. Is there really a big need right now to NOT start Dudley? He can't play big minutes, so that means the rookies will HAVE to play a lot. It's a win in my book, and at the 4 position, I could care less who starts.

chickenhead

Reaction score
McD is killing it by doing next to nothing. Sarver learned from that Hedo/Warrick/Childress summer as well.

I think the Suns have a good shot to overachieve this year much like 2014. They'll have plenty of cap space and assets to use next summer for aquiring a star.

I like it too. I wouldn't mind a fun team featuring promising rookies that still ends up in the lottery. Drafts well again next summer and makes a key signing then. If they make the playoffs, well then they'll have played their way in so I'll respect it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just have a good feeling about Bender. He is going to get more minutes with the Suns than he ever got in Israel. That is certain if Dudley is our starting 4. Watching young guys develop is fun. . . If you are patient.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have a good feeling about Bender. He is going to get more minutes with the Suns than he ever got in Israel. That is certain if Dudley is our starting 4. Watching young guys develop is fun. . . If you are patient.

It is, or it can be. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be true for the garden variety fan. The Twolves, even with a loaded roster of young potential future stars, was second to last in attendance this past season. They just barely beat out the 76ers team, also loaded with young talent. Denver was dead last, another very young and very talented roster. And not just last year, the Wolves and the 76ers have been at or near the bottom for awhile now.

We'll likely drop a few more spots and join them this season if we utilize the young players at the expense of competing. I'm in favor of doing just that but it will come at a cost and I doubt it's one our owner is willing to play. I still believe we have a move or two coming that will indicate we are in a win now mode. Hopefully we'll be able to balance that with player development in a manner similar to what Boston has done.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It is, or it can be. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be true for the garden variety fan. The Twolves, even with a loaded roster of young potential future stars, was second to last in attendance this past season. They just barely beat out the 76ers team, also loaded with young talent. Denver was dead last, another very young and very talented roster. And not just last year, the Wolves and the 76ers have been at or near the bottom for awhile now.

We'll likely drop a few more spots and join them this season if we utilize the young players at the expense of competing. I'm in favor of doing just that but it will come at a cost and I doubt it's one our owner is willing to play. I still believe we have a move or two coming that will indicate we are in a win now mode. Hopefully we'll be able to balance that with player development in a manner similar to what Boston has done.

Nothing alienates fans faster than the promise of success and the delivery of failure.

Just look at the Dbacks season.

I'm looking forward to watching the young talent develop.

sent from a fone

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Another thing. Sarver can't be suffering too bad financially if they just raised the cap to a gazillion dollars.

I'm ok with them keeping the cap number as low as possible to compensate for the attendance hit this year.

He's still making nice money from all the other revenue streams.

sent from a fone