reported FA deals

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
eh no both picks are Heat picks

And it would be one of the worst moves to give up either for a 30+ year old Millsap with 1 year on his deal waiting for something like 5yrs/160M$ next year.
Your right not sure what I was thinking. All Heat picks.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
If we keep all the picks, yhen we will run into a problem like the 76rs and have to start giving away young talent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we keep all the picks, yhen we will run into a problem like the 76rs and have to start giving away young talent.

The idea isn't to keep them or to give them away. It's to package them at the right time for a player that can make a difference. Millsap could be that player for the right team but for us I can't see it doing any more than putting us into the playoff race. And even then it's contingent on health and the development of the young guys. For me, simply making the playoffs isn't worth it but the front office likely feels otherwise. And I guess a lot of fans probably feel the same way, although few on the sports boards would agree.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

No we dont by the time we get the miami picks chriss and Bender will go into their third year already.

The later pick is 5 years away. Until then our young guys are young veterans.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The idea isn't to keep them or to give them away. It's to package them at the right time for a player that can make a difference. Millsap could be that player for the right team but for us I can't see it doing any more than putting us into the playoff race. And even then it's contingent on health and the development of the young guys. For me, simply making the playoffs isn't worth it but the front office likely feels otherwise. And I guess a lot of fans probably feel the same way, although few on the sports boards would agree.

The problem with that theory is no free agent or star play will want to come to a team that is not already making a playoff run. We will have to over pay a tier 2-3 player just to keep him or sign them in free agency. I think Millsaps is just a gap fill and can help with a young team.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
IF Atlanta is will to do a salary dump deal and we give up 1 or 2 future top 15 protected picks and as many 2nds they want, I am down with it. Heck I would throw in Tucker, as well, since he might be an area of need for them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns should trade for Millsap I believe they are saying we have enough young talent in the cupboard for the future and they want to compete for the playoffs now.

The thing that worries me is the Suns trading potential valuable draft picks, especially the Heat's unprotected first round pick.

I guess at some time you have to give to get but please not the Heat's unprotected first round pick.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
With the new salaries, Night's value has increased to the point he is worth keeping. I think this does mean Booker starts at SF, but now you should have any two on the floor at the same time Bled/Night/Book with Goodwin and Ulis giving breaks. JD/TJ maybe our six men. Still a toss up between who will start at PF maybe JD until a rook develops. But Bender/Chriss can get time at SF-C

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, that's weird, I wonder what I was thinking of. I just remember noticing that he wasn't getting any minutes anymore, but it seems that they've been fairly consistent.

I think Clippers Dudley was a liability for them because of an injury. I think he fell out of the rotation and was getting spotty minutes at best

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IF Atlanta is will to do a salary dump deal and we give up 1 or 2 future top 15 protected picks and as many 2nds they want, I am down with it. Heck I would throw in Tucker, as well, since he might be an area of need for them.
PHX has the leverage as ATL needs to get rid of Millsap's entire salary to sign Horford, if PHX absorbs all the salary without sending anything back, they shouldn't need to give up too much. ATL could look for another team but PHX shouldn't give up too much anyway because Millsap could become a FA after next year.

I saw some laughable ATL fan posts who seem to think they could get Booker and picks for Millsap.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Leuer signs with Detroit. 4/42

I really like what Detroit is doing, minus Marcus Morris of course. As long as Drummond can wrap his head around the free throw problem, that's a team that could challenge Cleveland as soon as this season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like right now, Jared Dudley is our starting PF. I would not have believed this in a thousand years. Hopefully something else is in the pipeline.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arron Afflalo has agreed to a two-year, $25M deal with the Kings, league source tells @TheVertical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
4 year deal for Biyombo.

Final money still being finalized, but Biyombo is headed to Orlando to pair with Serge Ibaka in the Magic front court.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hearing that Orlando's four-year deal with Bismack Biyombo is likely to approach $70 million. Via Marc Stein

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
McD is killing it by doing next to nothing. Sarver learned from that Hedo/Warrick/Childress summer as well.

I think the Suns have a good shot to overachieve this year much like 2014. They'll have plenty of cap space and assets to use next summer for aquiring a star.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like what Detroit is doing, minus Marcus Morris of course. As long as Drummond can wrap his head around the free throw problem, that's a team that could challenge Cleveland as soon as this season.

I like what they are doing too, but I'm not sure they're ready to challenge soon.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what they are doing too, but I'm not sure they're ready to challenge soon.

Drummond's game went downhill quickly after the constant fouling got into his head. If he can work his way through that and start hitting a decent percentage from the line, I think he instantly becomes the best big man in the game. That's a nice weapon to build around and they have a lot of nice pieces to surround him with too. They probably don't become true contenders until/unless Stanley becomes a star but that's coming fairly soon IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McD is killing it by doing next to nothing. Sarver learned from that Hedo/Warrick/Childress summer as well.

I think the Suns have a good shot to overachieve this year much like 2014. They'll have plenty of cap space and assets to use next summer for aquiring a star.

Let's hope so. I'm not willing to bet on it just yet though. I certainly won't be shocked to discover that our WTF move is still coming.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Dudley, Suns need his attitude in the locker room for the youth, but please not as a PF.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think it matters, it's not like he's going to get 48mpg as the power forward for the Phoenix Suns.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ryan Anderson getting 20m per for the Rockets. Unbelievable. I know he's well-liked on this board, but that's ridiculous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake