reported FA deals

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks are reportedly courting Dwyane Wade. If they land him, they'll have the best IR team in the league. I bet Knick fans can't wait to see Rose, Wade, Melo, and Noah suit up. Unfortunately, they'll literally be in suits during most games

Does it make anyone think of the year Nash joined the Lakers? But maybe they can add Garnett and Paul Pierce to round out the roster?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Somehow I missed the posts above talking about Dudley as a power forward. I could see that working with the right team but I can't see us being the right team.

“I don’t even see myself as a 3 (small forward),” Dudley told azcentral sports last season. “I’m a 4 (power forward), a stretch 4, because that’s where the game is. That’s for me to prolong my career.

“I’m Channing (Frye) 2.0 because I’ll put it down.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ey-accepts-deal-return-phoenix-suns/86626702/

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Duds is a good guy and great locker room presence. He'll get quality starter minutes and he'll help with the Suns youth movement going forward. Especially if Tucker gets traded.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure who this guy is but,

Check out @ChrisBHaynes's Tweet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duds is a good guy and great locker room presence. He'll get quality starter minutes and he'll help with the Suns youth movement going forward. Especially if Tucker gets traded.

I agree with the first sentence in your post, not sure about the rest.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure who this guy is but,

Check out @ChrisBHaynes's Tweet:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's the guy that's closely tied to Rich Paul and the whole Lebron machine. He gets inside info when it serves their purpose, or at least that's how it's seemed going back to the Bledsoe negotiations.

I'd like to get Millsap, I'd hate to give up any of our future picks for him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“I don’t even see myself as a 3 (small forward),” Dudley told azcentral sports last season. “I’m a 4 (power forward), a stretch 4, because that’s where the game is. That’s for me to prolong my career.

“I’m Channing (Frye) 2.0 because I’ll put it down.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ey-accepts-deal-return-phoenix-suns/86626702/

Yeah, I didn't make it clear. I saw this and all the other comments, I just didn't notice them until after I had posted my earlier thoughts on the subject.

It does make you wonder just why he thinks he's a power forward. I'm hopeful because of the fact he's lost weight and is apparently in shape but he's still undersized even by Draymond Green standards for the PF spot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No trades of future picks for mid-level players!!!!

Millsap is okay if you're a cool bye see looking to eke in that last piece of talent but he has NO place on a young team that should be funneling minutes to young guys and competing for a high draft pick in a loaded draft.

Oh wait, we are the Phoenix Sarvers. We don't do things intelligently. We want to be an 8 seed and get killed. This smacks of stupidity.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that the Suns were angling for Millsap, who has one year remaining on his contract to come in and start at power forward while Bender and Chriss learn.

I bet talks broke off and we settled for Dudley which is why we are now hearing about it since we never get wind of McDonough's trades before they happen.

This one is dead.

Reactions: Rab

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I agree with the first sentence in your post, not sure about the rest.

Who's getting mins over duds? The Suns are full blown youth movement. Theyre not winning for the next 2-3 years. McD made that clear hiring Earl and then drafting two teens. Its going to take time and patience.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No trades of future picks for mid-level players!!!!

Millsap is okay if you're a cool bye see looking to eke in that last piece of talent but he has NO place on a young team that should be funneling minutes to young guys and competing for a high draft pick in a loaded draft.

Oh wait, we are the Phoenix Sarvers. We don't do things intelligently. We want to be an 8 seed and get killed. This smacks of stupidity.

It might be the compromise move that got Sarver to buy into drafting two projects. I wish he was willing to be more patient but after 6 years of missing the playoffs and the empty seats I can understand his desire to raise the interest level immediately. It just sucks though to have to sell off a part of our future for a team that can only hope to make the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's getting mins over duds? The Suns are full blown youth movement. Theyre not winning for the next 2-3 years. McD made that clear hiring Earl and then drafting two teens. Its going to take time and patience.

You said "quality starter minutes". Maybe I interpreted that incorrectly but I'm not sure Dudley is capable of giving us "quality" minutes.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
You said "quality starter minutes". Maybe I interpreted that incorrectly but I'm not sure Dudley is capable of giving us "quality" minutes.

True but he'll give you everything he's got. He's that dirt worker Cotton always liked. Same with Tucker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True but he'll give you everything he's got. He's that dirt worker Cotton always liked. Same with Tucker.

On the court, absolutely. My problem with him is similar to my problem with Tucker, only it's magnified. Dudley got soft when he got a payday from us, he still worked his butt off in games but he had way too much butt to work off because he was enjoying his off time a little too much. If he's dedicated to working as hard off the court as he used to on the court, I'll be happy with him. He's always been a very likeable guy so I'm sure that hasn't changed and we could use some likeable players on this roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see Tucker and Dudley being the Suns starting PFs. Ouch.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather have Dudley, and I get that the market is crazy, but this still feels like an overpayment. He had a hard time getting any minutes at all last year.

Dudley? Not at all. He started 41 games for the Wizards and was their 6th man for the rest.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority but I think a straight up swap of Teletovic for Dudley is a huge loss for us. I was a Dudley fan at first but when he let himself go after getting a payday from us I really soured on him.

I disagree. I think that Dudley is simply a better player. He is more versatile and a better defender than Teletovic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I think that Dudley is simply a better player. He is more versatile and a better defender than Teletovic.

I guess it depends on which Dudley we get. The Dudley that we traded to the Clippers was a liability on both ends of the court. The Dudley the year before that was a smart and scrappy 3 and D guy you love to have on your roster.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dudley? Not at all. He started 41 games for the Wizards and was their 6th man for the rest.

Yeah, that's weird, I wonder what I was thinking of. I just remember noticing that he wasn't getting any minutes anymore, but it seems that they've been fairly consistent.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha. Dudley is the guy Kieff bumped out of the starting line up. Most Wiz fans were ticked.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I like the signing! Dudley is a great guy to have around the youngsters. I don't see him helping us on the court any more than Teletovic did, but I'll take it!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man do I hope that's right!

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well the Suns have Hawks 1st pick in 2k18 (Top 7 protection) or 2k19 and the Cars 1st in 2021. I am ok with moving either of these picks for Millsaps. But no way I give up our 1st.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well the Suns have Hawks 1st pick in 2k18 (Top 7 protection) or 2k19 and the Cars 1st in 2021. I am ok with moving either of these picks for Millsaps. But no way I give up our 1st.

eh no both picks are Heat picks

And it would be one of the worst moves to give up either for a 30+ year old Millsap with 1 year on his deal waiting for something like 5yrs/160M$ next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake