Robert Nkemdiche strained his hamstring. Likely to miss rest of minicamp

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He looked okay on the NFL Network yesterday. Saw a quick blip of him jogging onto the field to take part in something.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
talented underachiever in college..underachieved as a rookie...hurt beginning of 2nd season...yeah there is a trend

Reaction score
Good article by Weinfuss on Nkemdiche & the DL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...-how-losing-calais-campbell-affects-cardinals

''However, I think the biggest question for 2017 will be how the veterans keep the locker room in line, something that was an issue last season. Too many of the younger players didn’t use the older players as mentors and did their own thing to an extent. That was one reason why the Cardinals pursued veterans in free agency, particularly Karlos Dansby. Getting a locker-room presence like him will fill the void left by Campbell’s departure and help change the culture of the locker room yet again.''

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Good article by Weinfuss on Nkemdiche & the DL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...-how-losing-calais-campbell-affects-cardinals

''However, I think the biggest question for 2017 will be how the veterans keep the locker room in line, something that was an issue last season. Too many of the younger players didn’t use the older players as mentors and did their own thing to an extent. That was one reason why the Cardinals pursued veterans in free agency, particularly Karlos Dansby. Getting a locker-room presence like him will fill the void left by Campbell’s departure and help change the culture of the locker room yet again.''

That is kind of a revealing statement which runs counter to Campbell being a veteran presence. Campbell's one weak spot in my opinion from watching him play was that he lacked a mean streak, and the nature of the sport for his position did not give him much leadership characteristics but by the same token made him a wonderful asset to the community but not the locker room. If he was a guiding force in the locker room the rookies on the DL would have listened... he seemed to only offer a "rah rah" aspect to the trenches and not a force which young guys would listen

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is kind of a revealing statement which runs counter to Campbell being a veteran presence. Campbell's one weak spot in my opinion from watching him play was that he lacked a mean streak, and the nature of the sport for his position did not give him much leadership characteristics but by the same token made him a wonderful asset to the community but not the locker room. If he was a guiding force in the locker room the rookies on the DL would have listened... he seemed to only offer a "rah rah" aspect to the trenches and not a force which young guys would listen
I really don't understand this "mean streak" mess you guys keep talking about. Is it because he didn't taunt at the opposition? It's not like he could've transferred his special abilities to the young guys on the DL.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
with mean streak they mean beeing an outspoken guy, call out and challenge guys and be in there face.

He didn't need to be mean against opponents, but he needed to be a guy that fights and is loud and calls out. DD had that kind, even a bit more. He was the leader of the DL and when he left, CC didn't do what was necessary.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really don't understand this "mean streak" mess you guys keep talking about. Is it because he didn't taunt at the opposition? It's not like he could've transferred his special abilities to the young guys on the DL.

And neither did Campbell, he was the epitome of sportsmanship but he lacked that crazy mean streak which you really do need in the trenches. I remember Larry Allen and the opposition stated he was the meanest guy on the field and I remember when they had asked Allen which guy he feared and he said Eric Swann and how he would tell his teammates not to piss him off anymore than he already was because when hyped he was unblockable. This is a physical sport, a brutal sport, and in the fourth quarter a guy like Swann or Dockett getting a little mean spirited, screaming like a banshee, and acting a little of their rocker fuels a D-line because a physical sport is also an emotional sport... there is a reason people would scream and shout during a cavalry charge, and a guy like LT screaming "hey baby, let's go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs" sure the hell did infuse his teammates with energy and results