Rock Star 2: Supernova (Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clarke)

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On a side note still think Ryan Star sucks. He had one OK performance with the REM and he just sucks in general.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wasn't too high on Ryan Star either, but the guy can sing really well. Stage persona not too good. Can't wait to see my girl Storm tonight! You go sweetie! :D

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty good show tonight.

Bottom three for me would be.

1-Pike: I can't stand her.
2-Jill: I cringe when I hear that scream.
3- Zayata : she is easy on the eyes and as the band says a showman but the only part of her song that I could understand was "25".

could be right with the bottom three.
-Josh: great voice, he should try a Dave matthews type act. Not much of a "rocker".
-Toby: the song was ok but the megaphone did kill it.

All the others did really well IMO. I think Magni and Lucas really stood out this week.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
NMCard said:
Pretty good show tonight.

Bottom three for me would be.

1-Pike: I can't stand her.
2-Jill: I cringe when I hear that scream.
3- Zayata : she is easy on the eyes and as the band says a showman but the only part of her song that I could understand was "25".

could be right with the bottom three.
-Josh: great voice, he should try a Dave matthews type act. Not much of a "rocker".
-Toby: the song was ok but the megaphone did kill it.

All the others did really well IMO. I think Magni and Lucas really stood out this week.
My thoughts EXACTLY.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First time I've ever seen this. Man, this show blows doors off American Idol.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just curious as to why people despise Patrice?
She sings good. Came out of nowhere with "Ironlung" a few weeks ago. I've never heard that song before but she "owned" it. Is it her look? :shrug:

I actually liked the megaphone at the end of Toby's song. Finally showed he had some wit. All this time he's just been so-so going thru the motions. Why not whip out a megaphone? :D

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrice just doesn't have a rock voice. She drawls her sentences which just makes me cringe. She sings with a smile and never gets into the songs' emotions.

I think Ryan did good last night. :D He has come out of hiis shell. The reveal was hilarious.

Josh got totally swallowed up by the band and Tommy last night. He does has a great voice, but he is a one man gig, not a front man.

Dilana did fairly well last night. She has toned it down some and I think that was good for her.

Jill is annoying as hell. I wouldn't mind seeing her in Maxim or something, though.

Zayra is a space cadet. She can't carry a tune, but she does have guts. It's like watching the Discovery channel when the hunfry lion is spying a baby zebra. You don't want to watch, but have to.

I liked Toby's megaphone. It showed some personality. I don't think the band likes him though.

Storm did pretty well too. I don't know if she has enough charisma though to front these guys. If she did, though, I bet she would be either topless or near topless at every show.

Magni I think is a true professional. Again, I think he may lack in the on-stage presence to front these cats, but he is a great singer and I pick him in my final 3. Possibly final 2.

Lukas. As much as I hate to admit it, he's a true talent. I am turned off by his attitude and it really wouldn't surprise me that he tanked it last week just to get some type of attention. He killed it last night. He has a great rock star presence and energy. I still think he is the one to beat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
First time I've ever seen this. Man, this show blows doors off American Idol.

I agree but there is a pretty good reason, they don't have a stupid age limit so they get people with actual experience, not people who just like to sing in the shower.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have dilana, magni and Lukas as my final 3, too hard to predict the bottom 3 any given week but I'd have to assume Zayra belongs there, thought she was awful again.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I agree but there is a pretty good reason, they don't have a stupid age limit so they get people with actual experience, not people who just like to sing in the shower.

Also, most of the singer on this show already are professionals in some way. Magni is a huge star in Iceland and most of the others have recorded albums in the past.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lucas and Magni have to be the frontrunners with Storm in there at 3rd

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
Lucas and Magni have to be the frontrunners with Storm in there at 3rd

Storm is smoking hot but I think if they're going to pick a woman it will be Dilana, better performer and singer IMHO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double elimination last night, wonder if that was really spur of the moment or pre planned?

Also interesting that the person who called out other singers for ducking singing with Gilby, gets eliminated. Really stunned that Zayra wasn't in the bottom 3, clearly the people that vote are keeping her around to look at. She knows it too, did you see how quickly she started to unzip last night when Brooke said Zayra, before she even could get out "you're safe", Zayra was unzipping her jump suit to reveal her latest skimpy outfit. I guess I can't fault her she's clearly realized that's why she's still there, so she might as well get as much air time as she can.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Zyeta sucks bad, its a crime that she is still there! Its pretty much crap that she has outlasted some very talented singers just by being bad in skimpy clothing! And Russ while I usually agree with you, I don't on the dilana thing. She is a good performer but fairly weak vocally, Storm is by far the strongest female vocalist in the competition, and well here stage presence and comfort show in every performance. That being said I still think that they pick a guy I said Lucas on day 1 and will stand by it. For the record I said JD last season first show also. My wife still gives me crap for being right about that, because she did not agree.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
Zyeta sucks bad, its a crime that she is still there! Its pretty much crap that she has outlasted some very talented singers just by being bad in skimpy clothing! And Russ while I usually agree with you, I don't on the dilana thing. She is a good performer but fairly weak vocally, Storm is by far the strongest female vocalist in the competition, and well here stage presence and comfort show in every performance. That being said I still think that they pick a guy I said Lucas on day 1 and will stand by it. For the record I said JD last season first show also. My wife still gives me crap for being right about that, because she did not agree.

Interesting I guess it's a personal preference thing, I love Dilana's voice because it's unusual. Storm can sing too I just prefer Dilana's voice for whatever reasons.

I can certainly see Lucas winning it, aside from my earlier Mick Mars comparison, he also really reminds me of the kid with the huge head in the original star Trek series, which IIRC, was Ron Howard's younger brother? Lucas can certainly sing though.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah that HUGE head is way too much. He should change his name to "Forehead". It's like the moon man. lol :D

I still think he sucks. He finally hit two notes last night that finally wowed Jason Newsted, but I still don't think it's enough. Tommy loves him though.

Dilana has just awesome stage presence. She's just a total pro. All natural. I just amazed by her every week. Her performance with Gilby looked like she was already in the band.
I'm still pulling for Storm! You go baby!
You must be registered for see images attach

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shocker not saying lucas is a looker! haha Just think he will end up winning, I honestly don't beleive they pick a girl to front them. And if they did Storm has a much stronger voice and born to be on stage! I like dilana just don't think she is as strong vocally she has the weirdness but not the vocals to be a rockstar.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good show last night nice performances from Lucas, Ryan, and Dilana the rest....well they are all bottom 3 material maybe not Magni. Starting to get to crunch time will be entertaining to say the least

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What was Storm supposed to do with that piece of crap song. She improvised and that wasn't even enough (although I liked it, but I'm partial to her ;) )

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah tough one I like her but if your gonna change a classic you better make it sound good. It was just an ok performance and they let her know it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
What was Storm supposed to do with that piece of crap song. She improvised and that wasn't even enough (although I liked it, but I'm partial to her ;) )

Yep given they pick the songs from a list provided to them someone is going to get hosed.

Personally I am assuming Zayra is going to be bottom 3 simply because she sang in Spanish. I know they love to look at her but does anybody really think Supernova is going to be doing Spanish songs?

But we'll see. I figure Zayra, Storm and Patrice will be the bottom 3 but you can never tell with fan voting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I got 2 of the bottom 3, Magni was a surprise.

I think they finally figured let's get real, Zayra is never going to front this band.

Patrice should be next to go barring a surprise, at that point they'll have narrowed it down to the actual rock singers.

Magni seems to get better every week, think he's right there with dilana now as a favorite.

anybody else think Dave and Brooke are dating and that's probably what split up Dave and Carmen Electra?

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah they just can't seem to get rid of Patrice. The voting public wants her gone, but superNova obviously sees the talent. I'm thinking its time for Toby to go.

Dilana just looked so natural up there. Man. Plus she's hot! :)

Top 3 perfromers and still the ones to beat are: IMHO of course. :)
Dilana, Storm and Magni

Weakness:
Dilana - None really. Voice could get tiresome at some point, and could pigeonhole her into too much of a raspy flavor, but I think she's done well enough to vary her tone throughout the weeks to show she can do it all.

Storm - Love her, but she can be a little dramatic. She knows she's awesome and sometimes tries a little too hard to act humble. lol :)
If they wanna be a little risky and take a slightly different approach...Storm is talented enough to mesh with these guys. There's no doubt the "safe" pick between the two women is Dilana.

Magni - Hard to see any weakness from him. Maybe that fact that he's from Iceland, but that shouldn't be a problem...but you never know. Dude is super talented and has the look and stage presence.

Wildcards: Patrice and Ryan

Weakness:
Ryan - Probably not enough bravado. Still a little "stiff" up there.

Patrice - The viewing public seems to actually really hate her. I think the only ones who see the talent and like her are SuperNova and me. :)
She's a darkhorse that's gonna be tough to get rid of. Her weakness thus far is that America hates her. Too bad...very talented singer with a great stage appeal.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Patrice sucks she will be the next to go! She just can't really sing to well, and Ryan I am sorry just has way to much pitch problems in his singing some parts sound good some sad really bad. Lucas and Storm and Dilana are still top three, Magni a close 4th.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
Patrice sucks she will be the next to go!
Yep...pretty much every human on the planet agrees with you on that one (except me of course :p lol ). It's Dilana's show to lose.

I'll still say Toby goes before Patrice, but I'm not gonna make a bet that requires me to run around a pool naked on it. :D