Rockets trying to deal for Dragic per ESPN

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
L.A. plans to chase Dragic with an expected max four-year contract offer this summer valued at an estimated $80 million

NO TEAM can afford to have this much of their cap wrapped in in 3 guards much 3 less point guards.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best part was McDonough saying the roster is unbalanced and to backcourt heavy. Noooooo your kidding me. Let's sign nothing but point guards and then waste a draft pick on an undersized point guard sounds like a plan to me

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Lakers would have to remove protection from this years pick to be able to trade another #1?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston could trade Terry & Motiejunas for Goran & Zoran. They'd probably need to throw in a pick, either their own or the one the Pelicans owe them. It might require a 3rd team to take Terry as the Suns wouldn't have much use for him but he's on an expiring deal and could be bought out to free up time for our young players. Motiejunas would be added depth in the front court as he could play the 4 or 5. He's a 7 footer who can stretch the floor and isn't pencil thin like Wright. He's looked pretty good this year. He's only 24 with 1 one more year left on his rookie deal after this season. He's the only young player they have that I'd be interested in.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=n7mebkl

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston could trade Terry & Motiejunas for Goran & Zoran. They'd probably need to throw in a pick, either their own or the one the Pelicans owe them. It might require a 3rd team to take Terry as the Suns wouldn't have much use for him but he's on an expiring deal and could be bought out to free up time for our young players. Motiejunas would be added depth in the front court as he could play the 4 or 5. He's a 7 footer who can stretch the floor and isn't pencil thin like Wright. He's looked pretty good this year. He's only 24 with 1 one more year left on his rookie deal after this season. He's the only young player they have that I'd be interested in.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=n7mebkl

It's hard to believe the Rockets would give up Motiejunas.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd expect them to offer Terrance Jones at best - while he had stellar season last year he can't stay healthy now. If our medical staff gave a thumbs up he would be worth the gamble, IMO.

What would you guys think of Clint Capela... he has put up some remarkable stats in his 18 minutes of PT. He's missed all 10 of his FGA and all 8 of his FTA - so not a dead-eye but its quite a feat to get off that many shots in so short a time. He also has 6 rebs, probably grabbing his own misses. He also defended 10 shots at the rim in those minutes and was scored on just three times. Thats about as good as his shooting was bad. There is little statistical significance in the numbers but he almost certainly has to be amazingly active.
I mentioned him at the time Houston waived Tarik Black and a few people thought he'd shown good potential in college.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Something like Motijunas, Jones and Pelicans 1st rd pick for Goran & Plumlee would have to be offered for us to even consider it imo.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably a Guard with a better jumpshot.

If this goes down i'm speechless in terms of Dragic's career in Phoenix. What a waste of a PG with the type of skills you can put other "better" players around(him) and put a balanced team together.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a Guard with a better jumpshot.

If this goes down i'm speechless in terms of Dragic's career in Phoenix. What a waste of a PG with the type of skills you can put other "better" players around(him) and put a balanced team together.

I think it all happens because the Suns did not want to let Bledsoe walk for nothing. So he got his 70 million dollar contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd expect them to offer Terrance Jones at best - while he had stellar season last year he can't stay healthy now. If our medical staff gave a thumbs up he would be worth the gamble, IMO.

What would you guys think of Clint Capela... he has put up some remarkable stats in his 18 minutes of PT. He's missed all 10 of his FGA and all 8 of his FTA - so not a dead-eye but its quite a feat to get off that many shots in so short a time. He also has 6 rebs, probably grabbing his own misses. He also defended 10 shots at the rim in those minutes and was scored on just three times. Thats about as good as his shooting was bad. There is little statistical significance in the numbers but he almost certainly has to be amazingly active.
I mentioned him at the time Houston waived Tarik Black and a few people thought he'd shown good potential in college.

I think Capela and the NO pick would be our primary targets if we decided to pursue a deal with Houston. I'm sure we'd like to get Donatas too but with Howard's injury I can't see them letting him go. IIRC, Clint was a highly regarded young international player (Swiss) but I don't think he played any college ball, at least not in the states.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Capela and the NO pick would be our primary targets if we decided to pursue a deal with Houston. I'm sure we'd like to get Donatas too but with Howard's injury I can't see them letting him go. IIRC, Clint was a highly regarded young international player (Swiss) but I don't think he played any college ball, at least not in the states.

Steve

I'd like them to throw in Terrence Jones on the hope he would get healthy. He is on a rookie contract and is worthy of the gamble IMO.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get why Houston would want Dragic since they already good chemistry w/ Beverly and Harden? I mean, Dragic is better than Beverly, but do you really want to rock the boat too much at this point? And Harden is the main ball handler, so Dragic would be in an off guard role, again, which he hasn't done well at.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get why Houston would want Dragic since they already good chemistry w/ Beverly and Harden? I mean, Dragic is better than Beverly, but do you really want to rock the boat too much at this point? And Harden is the main ball handler, so Dragic would be in an off guard role, again, which he hasn't done well at.

I agree. Great offense in harden supplemented with good defense by Beverly.