Roddy traded to Atlanta for Liddell

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Whoo boy. This guy... is not good. Only 8 career games shooting 16% from the field and 0% from 3.

Salary dump? Why wouldn't we just waive Roddy? Guess we need to compare contracts. Virtually identical contracts, both with Club options next summer.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
Whoo boy. This guy... is not good. Only 8 career games shooting 16% from the field and 0% from 3.

Salary dump? Why wouldn't we just waive Roddy? Guess we need to compare contracts.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can cut him and then resign him to a two way contract?

Reaction score
Yeah, well, I wonder what the Hawks' motivation was for acquiring a contract slightly less favorable than Liddell's.

I guess they must agree with this opinion that "this guy [Liddell] is not good" and even David Roddy was a better player; and they would disagree with what Hoopshead thought.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, well, I wonder what the Hawks' motivation was for acquiring a contract slightly less favorable than Liddell's.

I guess they must agree with this opinion that "this guy [Liddell] is not good" and even David Roddy was a better player; and they would disagree with what Hoopshead thought.

Position plays a role. Roddy is more of a SF while Liddle is more of a PF. Every team views prospects differently as well. Obviously the Suns thought higher of Roddy than Memphis, who essentially gave him away last year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A report the Suns are likely to release EJ Liddell to pursue a point guard.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can cut him and then resign him to a two way contract?

I think we can but we have 2 Two-Way's spoken for and 2 guys competing for the 3rd deal already as they're signed to Exhibit 10 deals, which is essentially non guaranteed deals that can be converted to Two-Way deals without any waiving involved.

I know if we waive him we have the first rights to sign him to a G-League deal, straight up, unless someone claims his waivers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Tyus Jones is turning down MLE money for the vet min it means you’re guaranteeing him the starting PG job. Potentially adding a Jones/Morris PG combo while over the 2nd apron would be astounding.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tyus Jones is turning down MLE money for the vet min it means you’re guaranteeing him the starting PG job. Potentially adding a Jones/Morris PG combo while over the 2nd apron would be astounding.
Yeah… that pick up would be pretty damn impressive. I don’t know how much it moves the needle, but they will have done more than anyone here thought possible in FA addressing PG.

I wonder if they got Tyus, if that means Beal goes to the second unit in what would hope to be a Ginobli role. Beal, Morris, Royce, Plumlee as your 6-9 has the makings of a decent bench.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah… that pick up would be pretty damn impressive. I don’t know how much it moves the needle, but they will have done more than anyone here thought possible in FA addressing PG.

I wonder if they got Tyus, if that means Beal goes to the second unit in what would hope to be a Ginobli role. Beal, Morris, Royce, Plumlee as your 6-9 has the makings of a decent bench.

I don’t hate the idea of Beal off the bench but with two legit PG’s it’s more likely he starts. Plus I only like Royce as a spot depth guy.

Starters:
Jones
Beal
Book
KD
Nurk
-
Depth:
Morris
Allen
Royce
Bol/Plumlee

The second unit will have one of the big-2 on the floor if healthy.