Roll Call

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern Jersey where they root for Philly, not NY.

Northern Card -- the officiating in that series was horrible! (I know, spoken like a true Flyers fan). Now that the Flyers are out, GO DEVILS!

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Home of the SENATORS, the next Stanley Cup Champions
In your dreams, Hoser Boy.

Actually - If I'm an odds-maker, I give the Sens a slight edge over my Devs.

Ottawa is one of the cooler places on the planet. (Several years ago I visited the Ottawa Sun promo people "to learn how it's done" when I started a similar job with the Trentonian). I loved the linear park along the river with the sight-seeing boats.

Prediction - Series will go to 7 games and end in the 4th OT period.

Glad you liked the place. I've lived, worked in Europe, the U.S. and in Canada... and I haven't found a better place to lay my head.

P.S. I read the SUN every am with a coffee in a restaurant looking out on the Canal through the downtown, that you may remember.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
NJ ..

..formerly of Bayonne, now in Middletown, NJ...lifelong NJ resident (age 32) and lifelong St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cards Fan.

Keep up the great work on this site fellas!

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
But IMO opinion its a shame that you cant get more support on a message board from a teams own in state fans than you can from the out of state ones!

I think the reason that there are so many "out of staters", is because for the most part, this board is probably their only source of Cardinals news. People that live here can just pick up a paper, or watch the news. I don't advise this practice (because you just can't beat the insight from this board), but that's how I see it.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Also

Originally posted by CardAvenger
I think the reason that there are so many "out of staters", is because for the most part, this board is probably their only source of Cardinals news. People that live here can just pick up a paper, or watch the news. I don't advise this practice (because you just can't beat the insight from this board), but that's how I see it.

There are 2 reasons IMHO for the plethora of outty fans.

One is the history of the team....it includes Chicago and St. Louis so you get lots of fans from that era and area.

Secondly the Cards have not been a winner in the desert......when they do the fan base will increase.....it probably already has with the PR additions like Smith.

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardAvenger
And a dang good source.... and the only source other than the headlines....

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

grew up: Maryvale, Phx, WESTSIDE!
reside: Mesa
wage slave: Tempe
rocknroll: South Scottsdale and Sunnyslope
noble suffering: Sun Devil Stadium 8 Sundays a year

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
The chicks dig it down there.

That's where the SPAM and the Spidey costume is kept, eh 11?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Born in New York, currently in sunny Orlando Florida.

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
Arizona!!!

In state.. :thumbup:

Born in Yuma '71. In Tucson last 14 years..

Indiana Hoosier

Registered
Reaction score
Out of state - Anderson, Indiana. 20 miles north of Indianapolis. Anybody on the board, going to the Indy 500 on May 25. (I will be on the Main staight across from the pit exit):thumbup: