Rolle must be REALLy slow

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the mini camp video on NFL network if you still have it.

Shipp breaks through not the seconday. he runs at a sprint with Rolle in chase also at a sprint and has an angle. Yet Shipp is pulling away. We all know Shipp isnt a blazer by any means. A CB should be able to catch him with no problem IMO.

He needs to be a safety!

This happens in the 11 on 11 at about the 40 minute mark.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I'll wait to see when the pads come on and he starts playing. Rolle's confidence has to be in the crapper after the last couple of seasons. I am on him pretty hard and he is probably my least favorite Cardinal. That being said CB is one of the hardest positions to play in football with a steep learning curve. Now that Denny and his all star coaching staff have departed I am looking at Rolle as a rookie with a lot of upside. He has the attitude thats for sure now that we have decent coaching and someone who can utilize him correctly hopefully he lives up to potential. He has to this season. If he doesn't I hope they seriously consider him trade bait before the 2008 draft. Package him and J.J.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about that. I'll wait to see when the pads come on and he starts playing. Rolle's confidence has to be in the crapper after the last couple of seasons. I am on him pretty hard and he is probably my least favorite Cardinal. That being said CB is one of the hardest positions to play in football with a steep learning curve. Now that Denny and his all star coaching staff have departed I am looking at Rolle as a rookie with a lot of upside. He has the attitude thats for sure now that we have decent coaching and someone who can utilize him correctly hopefully he lives up to potential. He has to this season. If he doesn't I hope they seriously consider him trade bait before the 2008 draft. Package him and J.J.

What does being an NFL CB have to do with not being able to catch a slow footed RB without pads on?

Rolle is a S playing out of position

LOL at packaging Rolle and JJ in trade. I crack up at the trade ideas some people have.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I havent seen the play in question but in minicamp Offense players are taught to run all the way to the endzone if they break one off at full speed. The D player isnt going to chase him all the way to the end zone in mini camp for 2 hand touch. It makes a lot of O players look faster then D players when they are only wearing helmets and primaraly working on assignments, scheme, plays, and communication. I notice it all the time in mini camp footage. See what happens when the players are allowed to tackle each other instead of 2 hand touch. I am not sticking up for Rolle either and think he will most likely end up as a safety, just dont think its a fair assesment to make of any player in mini camp when their main goals isnt tackling each other but rather learning instead. These early mini camps are 90% mental and 10% physical.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What does being an NFL CB have to do with not being able to catch a slow footed RB without pads on?

Rolle is a S playing out of position

LOL at packaging Rolle and JJ in trade. I crack up at the trade ideas some people have.

My point was is that I am not going to get too excited about his speed during a minicamp in May. I agree he is better suited to play safety. As far as my trade proposal it was about 90% jest. I actually thought about writing to trade the entire 2005 draft class for a 7th rounder then I remembered we got Green in that draft. Oh well.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My point was is that I am not going to get too excited about his speed during a minicamp in May. I agree he is better suited to play safety. As far as my trade proposal it was about 90% jest. I actually thought about writing to trade the entire 2005 draft class for a 7th rounder then I remembered we got Green in that draft. Oh well.

I among others think Rolle is to slow for a CB. Our coaches are not dummies so clearly they see things we do not. I wish they would tell us but they know more about football than me so I will go with the flow.

ishbin

Rookie
Reaction score
rolle is not slow at all. if shipp would have been a wr than rolle would have simply grabbed on to his jersey and then he would have ran step for step with him. recognize.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
rolle is not slow at all. if shipp would have been a wr than rolle would have simply grabbed on to his jersey and then he would have ran step for step with him. recognize.
"Pass Interference #21 of the defense......."
"Holding Denfense #21..."

Sorry just getting ready of another year of Rolle at CB!