round 1: mavs vs hornets

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
What did the Kidd trade cost them? Dallas and Phoenix have been giving away picks and both will be iffy fr the playoffs next season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
yup - we're like peas in a pod!

But I can't feel bad for Mavs fans. I'd bet the overwhelming majority of them are probably Cowboy fans also and that city has seen more than it's fair share of titles, as opposed to us Phoenicians, who only have our lone World Series triumph to cling to.

and in all honesty, whoever wins our series is likely done after this round. This NO team is better than either of our old asses.
well I wouldn't say the spurs or suns are done yet. the mavs?? I don't know. how you can get embarrassed like that in the playoffs is beyond me. the is pretty much two years in a row now where a team is just getting what ever they want and the mavericks are just throwing up jumpshots in return. I hope something changes, but they have to win both home games now. I feel bad that the suns are losing to the same team but it's not over yet. the mavs had a golden opportunity that slipped away from them against miami. If they never make it back they have to live with that. I still take these mavs over what dallas had for bball in the 90's. cowboys or not.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
whats sad about the mavs is that...
you have your 6'4" pg(kid) passing up on a wideopen 3pointer, passing the ball to your 7' guy(nowitzki) for a the 3pointer.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I like their D so far on Paul. Nowitzki is hitting some tough shots. And (OT) what about Philly? Are they for real?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Ouch. That shoulder vs Dirk's head looked horrible.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dirk with the reb and the outlet pass.
cp3 has some hops trying to block that shot.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erica is a ******. Shoving Paul there, while winning.

Pargo talking ish to him was great though.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Erica is a ******. Shoving Paul there, while winning.

Pargo talking ish to him was great though.
evan from the sixers this 3rd game, says to sheed

"dont cry, dont cry"

then they both get T'd up.

mavs/no game was a little chippy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dampier has always been a bitch, and he always will be. Can't stand that guy.
he showed up gasol though in that game in LA....who was the B that day? I think dampier had his best overall game of the year that day.

good foul by damp....maybe a little worse than it looked because he was falling....but no cheap layups I don't care what the score is. both teams still had their starters out there. that's what he needs to do all game long. It's ok for them to go at dirk on the other end too....and no one really says anything about that. dirk had a great game. he seems to elevate his rebounding in the playoffs and played great defense today.

Last edited:
OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cp3 was a little punk too. the last game of the regular season.

mavs were up big time, 4th qtr, shot clock was off. NO has no chance of winning.

but cp3 swipping and swinging for the ball when the game is out of hand and 10sec left to go. i thought that was senseless & immature of him.

a hard foul in the playoffs, i can understand. something the suns dont.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
cp3 was a little punk too. the last game of the regular season.

mavs were up big time, 4th qtr, shot clock was off. NO has no chance of winning.

but cp3 swipping and swinging for the ball when the game is out of hand and 10sec left to go. i thought that was senseless & immature of him.

a hard foul in the playoffs, i can understand. something the suns dont.
cp3 also throws elbows during the game. I'm sure cuban has pulled a pop and turned the video over to the league. they are obvious elbows that he throws when he has the ball.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, and they lost.
just pointing out that damp was a beast vs. gasol. when he fouled out the mavs went down....but it was still close. I'd like to see a rematch if the mavs can get past NO. gasol is soft..LOL if damp can check him.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not looking good for the Mavs...Mavs down 83-68 with 8:30 left in the 4th quarter.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Kidd was just ejected for a flagrant foul. People talk about the Shaq trade being bad, the trade for Kidd was horrible.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember 2 years ago when josh howard was a hell of a player. Now he's just a chucker, interesting to see if dallas tries to move him this summer.