round 1: mavs vs hornets

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Mavs can take solace in the fact they can watch Kidd shoot 37% and age before their eyes for an entire 82 games starting this October

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The look on Mark Cuban's face...priceless.

I'm not rubbing anything in, I just don't like that guy.....and they keep focusing on him.

Face it, The Hornet's are a far superior team, hand's down.

Now, with SA and The Suns....it's not even that far apart in terms of whose better, I would say from SA's experience, they edge the suns out just a little bit. But as far as the Mavs and Hornets...they are spaced far apart with the Hornets being on top.
not rubbing it in none lol....yeah right. mark is a great owner.....I just hope he doesn't fire avery. johnson is a good coach and the mavs need to keep. cuban is very emotional, but when you look at reality this wasn't avery's fault. I do wish the mavs had kept harris though. More than anything I think it just hurt the chemistry of the team and the mavs could of used harris' scoring.

now NO and SA are both superior to dallas and phoenix. I think the spurs have proven their dominance for years now right? I like your hometown spin though.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And how is that any better than the Suns watching Shaq age before their eyes for 164 games?
you know both teams made panic moves. and it backfired at least for this year. the mavs' move was even more panic IMO. at least the suns were in a position with marion that he wanted out and they felt like they needed to trade him. Harris was a young and up in coming PG that showed vast improvement every year. and this year he was showing the biggest improvement ever with his outside shot in paticular, but all of his numbers were much better....which makes the trade that much more puzzling. I think the mavs got desperate when devon harris was injured...because during his absence is when the mavs started their downward sprial. and ironically they never came out of the spiral....I wonder if cuban can figure out what the missing piece was? I'd say it's harris, but that's just me. this team will once again have to recover from a front office miscue.....giving up an important PG. not that harris was the savior or is even better than kidd. but he fit in well with this mavs team on and off the court. and jason just hasn't been able to fill his void yet. having said this.....I understand what cuban was trying to do. and I'm greatful to have an owner who tries to make it right. we'll see what he tries next.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Agreed, both moves were panic moves (all due to freaking Memphis) trying to salvage a title shot for this season while foregoing future considerations. The biggest difference in my mind is that Dallas still has the pieces to 'right the ship' so to speak. They've still got draft picks, they've still got the MLE which the owner spends freely, and they've still got a decent core that's not over the hill like the suns.

In short, I expect Mavericks will have an easier time getting back into the upper echelon of teams.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, both moves were panic moves (all due to freaking Memphis) trying to salvage a title shot for this season while foregoing future considerations. The biggest difference in my mind is that Dallas still has the pieces to 'right the ship' so to speak. They've still got draft picks, they've still got the MLE which the owner spends freely, and they've still got a decent core that's not over the hill like the suns.

In short, I expect Mavericks will have an easier time getting back into the upper echelon of teams.

Dude, we gave two picks away in the Kidd trade. . .

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Er, somewhere in the back of my head I knew that. Guess both fanbases will have to wallow in their own pity for the next few years.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Er, somewhere in the back of my head I knew that. Guess both fanbases will have to wallow in their own pity for the next few years.
IDK. I like bass....that was a great move. but the mavs have to revamp their enire bench. and the mavs got a lot older and slower with the kidd trade. diop was more dependable for the long haul than dampier. dampier proved his worth in this series by getting worked by chandler in what was a battle of garbage men. because that's what they both are, but chandler is apparantly much better in his role. stackhouse is old and unreliable for consistent points....but I wouldn't mind him staying playing an equal or less role. the mavs need a shooting guard and a center. hopefully guys who can start without being a liability at either end of the floor. because right now that's their problem. terry can score at the 2, but can't defend it. guys on the bench have the size to defend the 2, but can't score. terry can be a bench guy.....he can play either guard position and can be relied upon to make clutch shots score in transition ect. the mavs still need another big guy though because dampier has proven to be unreliable at both ends of the floor.