Round 1, Pick 16: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With DRC and Rolle in the secondary we now have 2 guys who are a threat to take it all the way every time they make an interception.

It would be nice if he was a better tackler but with Hayes and Dansby in front of him and Rolle and Wilson behind him I'm not too worried about that.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With DRC and Rolle in the secondary we now have 2 guys who are a threat to take it all the way every time they make an interception.

It would be nice if he was a better tackler but with Hayes and Dansby in front of him and Rolle and Wilson behind him I'm not too worried about that.

Apparently Hood is pretty good at it too. 2 TD's last year! AW has a few in his career too.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's Go to the Video Tape

I just rewatched the DB workouts at the Combine and the first half of the Senior Bowl. It's one thing to watch the kid run a 4.37 or Deon and Mayock get all misty over the kid's "beautiful footwork" and "the way he flips his hips" but in less than 30 minutes of Senior Bowl action I saw Rodgers-Cromartie (jersey #4)-

- Close aggressively to break up a short "out."

- Drill a receiver with a form tackle on another short out.

- Close toward the middle of the field to tackle a ball carrier who had reached the second level on an off tackle play.

- Run step for step with a receiver on a deep route and then turn and leap to snag the interception.

It confirmed that he's big, he's fast, he's physical, he's aggressive, he can leap through the roof and he has very good ball skills.

The write ups are nice. But seeing this guy in action is extraordinary. I have this vision of DRC and Antrel Rolle in his new position making every single NFL "highlights of the week" reel next year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just rewatched the DB workouts at the Combine and the first half of the Senior Bowl. It's one thing to watch the kid run a 4.37 or Deon and Mayock get all misty over the kid's "beautiful footwork" and "the way he flips his hips" but in less than 30 minutes of Senior Bowl action I saw Rodgers-Cromartie (jersey #4)-

- Close aggressively to break up a short "out."

- Drill a receiver with a form tackle on another short out.

- Close toward the middle of the field to tackle a ball carrier who had reached the second level on an off tackle play.

- Run step for step with a receiver on a deep route and then turn and leap to snag the interception.

It confirmed that he's big, he's fast, he's physical, he's aggressive, he can leap through the roof and he has very good ball skills.

The write ups are nice. But seeing this guy in action is extraordinary. I have this vision of DRC and Antrel Rolle in his new position making every single NFL "highlights of the week" reel next year.

No doubt about it, we're going to have an exciting secondary next season at the very least. Wilson is a monster out there that will kill receivers, RBs and QBs. Rolle is going to thrive in a rover position. We have CBs now who can really jump a route. Of course, we still have CBs that get beat deep too often, Rolle is adjusting to a new position and will probably be beaten a few too many times, and Wilson isn't great in coverage. Still and all, we should be light-years better in the secondary, and it should be one heckuva fun ride. If we get any kind of pass rush and run stopping, this defense could be scary-good.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt about it, we're going to have an exciting secondary next season at the very least. Wilson is a monster out there that will kill receivers, RBs and QBs. Rolle is going to thrive in a rover position. We have CBs now who can really jump a route. Of course, we still have CBs that get beat deep too often, Rolle is adjusting to a new position and will probably be beaten a few too many times, and Wilson isn't great in coverage. Still and all, we should be light-years better in the secondary, and it should be one heckuva fun ride. If we get any kind of pass rush and run stopping, this defense could be scary-good.
:koolaid:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05