Round 1, Pick 16: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Me no likey...

I will echo en fuego...I don't like guys who shoot up draft charts after the season is over. He didn't exactly play against superior talent or even mediocre talent. Sure, he dominated against those he played against but he wasn't playing against very many (if any at all) potential NFL WRs.

Graves was seduced by the experts into making this pick.

I very much think this kind of logic is illogical :) He was still considered a 1st-round CB prospect, IIRC, but not one of the top guys, after the season. He DOMINATED his conference. THEN he dominated at the Senior Bowl. It isn't like he was a nobody who had a good Senior Bowl week. I think the whole draft riser concern with DRC is overblown.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I think will be a positive for DRC's development: He's tight with Dieon. Say what you will about "Prime Time," the man knows how to work, prepare and keep his nose clean.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I loved this pick. He was the guy I wanted all along with our first pick. I think he will be a pro-bowler in a few years and give us the shut down cornerback that our defense needs. He has the height and the speed to match up with any WR in the game.

I also think this was our greatest need pick going into the draft.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
DRC is the most skilled cover CB in the draft and has tremendous upside and good pedigree. Great Pick!

Next, we pick up Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson with the 50th pick.

I sure do not see him as a "great" pick. He is a questionable pick who hopefully can erase some question marks. Our CB picks over the past years have been a total disaster.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Again, my two cents, if it matters. This guy is a GREAT, I mean GREAT pick for the Cards. I really see a potential Deion Sanders, or at least Antonio Cromartie talent. The kid is a Super Freak athletically, and has proved he can read QBs and hold onto the ball for INTs! I also bet he returns kicks for you and breaks a few. He will contribute immediately, which is what you want from a first round pick. I'm just sorry he did so well in the Pro Bowl and didn't drop to the Chargers!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I think will be a positive for DRC's development: He's tight with Dieon. Say what you will about "Prime Time," the man knows how to work, prepare and keep his nose clean.

According to the paper today he is tight with Darrell Green and he has been working with him to improve his game.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the paper today he is tight with Darrell Green and he has been working with him to improve his game.
Even better. Great role models for a young CB with all the talent in the world.

(I'm still worried about him getting looked at funny and breaking a leg).

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Apparently the "experts" were wrong about the value of Mendenhall.

RASHARD MENDENHALL, Illinois (5-10, 225, 4.42, 1) - Third-year junior didn't start until '07, when he gained 1,681 yards and was Big Ten offensive player of the year.

Some scouts believe he has serious flaws:

"He can't break down, cut and change direction," one scout said. "I was surprised how stiff he was. He takes a beating because he can't avoid people." Graduated from Niles West in Skokie, Ill., and scored 23 on the Wonderlic. "I think when adversity strikes he may fold tent," another scout said. "I don't see grinder mentality with him. I see analytical." Said a third scout: "I just don't know how he's wired. I don't know how competitive he is. I don't know how much he wants to take the beatin' he's going to take."

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you wanted another CB?
We play in likely to be the most pass-happy division in football. Unless we sign another guy after June1st cuts, we will be seeing a lot of Michael Adams, Ralph Brown or (hopefully) Travarous Bain. Getting another CB would not have been a bad idea. Not to mention, there is a good chance this is Eric Green's last year with the team.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like the Cromartie pick we needed another corner and we got one and probally a really good one in that. So who is our number 2 corner now Hood or Cromartie?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I really like the Cromartie pick we needed another corner and we got one and probally a really good one in that. So who is our number 2 corner now Hood or Cromartie?

DCR is number 3 until he earns something better IMO. The days of handing a draft choice a starting job are so ovah, Levi Brown last year not withstanding.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DCR is number 3 until he earns something better IMO. The days of handing a draft choice a starting job are so ovah, Levi Brown last year not withstanding.
I was really impressed with Levi when he was healthy. He and Duece were moving the pile. I am expecting him to dominate this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is meant to back up green and hood as the nickle guy and develop, he should be more than capable of that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read it too many times. It's DRC, not DCR. DCR posts on this board; DRC is our 1st round pick :)
DRC is trying to get me to get one of those DCR's to record Cardinal's games so I can watch my new favorite player, DCR.

:meh:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read it too many times. It's DRC, not DCR. DCR posts on this board; DRC is our 1st round pick :)

DRC is also Donald's initials. This is all too confusing.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Will "Rodgers-Cromartie" fit on the back of a jersey?

Why does he have two names anyway?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05