Round 2: Utah vs. Golden State

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's about time Al Harrington has shown up for GS. Matt Barnes is a true warrior playing through that hamstring tear and playing very well.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, GS just keeps shooting 3's. Luckily they've made their last 2. Jazz are just forcing the ball inside.

That should be a clear path to the basket foul.......calls are going Utah's way right now.

Last edited:

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
GS looks so hungry out there. Some dumb shots, but they keep working so hard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just another fun game to watch from GS again. David Stern should kill himself if both us and GS get knocked out this round.

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
You would think it would be good for the league to have GS and PHX play. Imagine how low the ratings will be if it goes Utah/Spurs and Spurs/Pistons. Only diehard basketball fans will watch.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I know I'm probably the only one on this board, but I like Boozer.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know I'm probably the only one on this board, but I like Boozer.

I've always liked Boozer and wanted the Suns to draft him instead of Casey Jacobsen. Imagine a front court of Boozer, Amare & Marion.........that would be awesome.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
so matt barnes is a free agent next year. what are the odds we can get our hands on him? i think he would be excellent for the suns

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
I've always liked Boozer and wanted the Suns to draft him instead of Casey Jacobsen. Imagine a front court of Boozer, Amare & Marion.........that would be awesome.

Geez. Hindsight is everything. Chapman was still with the organization that year right? I wonder who he wanted.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
so matt barnes is a free agent next year. what are the odds we can get our hands on him? i think he would be excellent for the suns

Our odds at getting any free agent for any more than the minimum are nil.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
:stupid:

Unless one of our big 5 contracts are moved.

How do you figure? There's only like 2 teams that we can move the contract to and not have to match salaries, and those couple teams (if I remember correctly) aren't realistic destinations for any of our big 5 contracts. So that means it will be salary for salary--whether that's in the form of one big player like Garnett or several smaller players. Either way, our money is still tied up. I expect us to pay the tax next season--maybe not as much as we are right now, but certainly we'll be paying it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Thomas will be bought out if he isn't included in a trade. For the amount the Suns use him, there's no reason to pay him $8 million plus an equal amount of luxury tax.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weren't we in the running for Barnes last offseason? What happened with that? I remember nobody was particularly excited about his numbers when the rumors hit. Hindsight 20/20 he would have been a better offseason pick-up than Rose, Jumaine, Banks, and Marks combined. Barnes has played outstanding in the offseason. Imagine having a bench player besides Barbs that sould step up like that. Who am I kidding? Dantoni would have never played him.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
GS has a 3 pt lead with 30 seconds left.

Edit: 15 seconds left and Pietrus just missed 2 fts that would've made it a 5pt game.

Wow, Okur stepped on the 3pt line and makes a long 2 so GS is up 1 with 9 seconds left.

Warriors miss another ft and then Deron Williams hits a jumper to tie the game with 2.3 seconds left and it's GS's ball.

Overtime......

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
should have been over a while ago. clutch free throws missed for GSW. shame

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these warrior games are an absolute BLAST to watch. it's unbelievable watching them both come back from deficits at the end of the game and then in turn BLOW leads right after they've come back and seemingly had the game won.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
these warrior games are an absolute BLAST to watch. it's unbelievable watching them both come back from deficits at the end of the game and then in turn BLOW leads right after they've come back and seemingly had the game won.

pretty much yeah. and here in OT they collapse at the get go. they should have beaten the jazz in both games IMO. once they slow down the rebounding, they'll be in good shape.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It looks like GS is about to blow game 2 unless they can mount another comeback and not blow it again with bad ft shooting. Deron Williams has really stepped up.

Warriors can't hit their 3's in OT, nice drive by baron Davis though.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like GS is about to blow game 2 unless they can mount another comeback and not blow it again with bad ft shooting. Deron Williams has really stepped up.

Warriors can't hit their 3's in OT, nice drive by baron Davis though.

They blew it. Two critical free throws.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn FT's! Should be up 2-0, insteadof down 0-2.

Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05