Round Two: Mavs vs. Suns

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Amare dominates ho hum 9 rbs...HWEY DID YOU SEE HUNTER"S LAYUP? WHOOOOOOOOOO! LOCK HIM UP, HE"S TEH FUTURE.

TNT dismissees the Suns and Amare completely what a shock. If he was in NY.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Yeah maybe if you told Elindholm's boy Dampier this was a contract year he would show up.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When do you take the starters out if the lead stays this big?

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Dallas fans crying like Houston fans:

"The refs ... omg ... conspiracy ... omg ... Suns cheat ... this game is a fluke ... I'm not impressed ... teh suxor!"

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
My reactions:

1. That was a royal ass-whuppin!

2. The Suns got the better of the calls in the first half, and that helped. Stoudemire, in particular, got away with some marginal shoves similar to those that have been called fouls in the past. And some of the early fouls on Dampier were also borderline. But hey, that's what home court advantage is for.

3. Joe Johnson is officially out of my doghouse. I've been down on him ever since the game in Miami, which I interpreted as just more proof that he disappears when the pressure is on. But he was the Suns' second-best player tonight, and it looks like it's really starting to come together for him. If he can keep playing like this, they really have a shot.

4. Marion, Nash, and Richardson were all held relatively in check, and yet the Suns still cruised. Great sign.

5. No ceremony jinx! :thumbup: I think that must be because they did it before the game, instead of at halftime. Good thinking, whoever planned that.

6a. It's possible that I overestimated Dampier's impact on this series. :p If Stoudemire can continue to dominate this matchup, the series will be an easy one.

6b. Treesquid, get off my case. I will not warn you again. You can ask some of the other posters on this board how much fun it is to get into a verbal battle with me.

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
*woot woot* :cheers:

obvious MVP of the game was Amare but i also gotta give credit to JJ and Matrix.... THOSE THREE KICKED BUTT :raccoon:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Mavs in 6 and they start by taking game 1 tonight. They are deep and battle tested. Meanwhile the Suns played a shattered Memphis team that hated its own coach.

i think dallas got within 4 at one point tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
THAT WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!

now we just need 11 more those. am i asking too much?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh... I guess that, uh... wow?

Is there really anything else to be said?

Only one day off - Mavs without much chance to regroup and get over the Game 7 hangover - we come out with everything we've got in Game 2 and win and this series is done in 5. Gotta bring the hosue on Wednesday!

Great win - Shawn with another great game - that dunk ON Dirk at the end was sick and there is simply no answer for Amare.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dampier shouldn't be on the floor anymore. He is just awful.

cly2tw

Reaction score
1. We controlled tempo. As I hoped, we ran fastbreak whenever possible yet never rushed for quick shots in halfcourt sets.

2. Amare is the revelation. He was patient, never forced anything. Most importantly, unlike my previous impression during the regular season, he was paying much closer attention to the plays on both ends of the court even when he was not immediately involved. His offensive rebounding in addition to his domination of whoever was guarding him must be demoralizing for the Mavs. He has officially arrived! He even learned to exaggerate a bit when being fouled, that forced the refs to call them. Geez, does he mature fast!

3. Another one who officially arrived is Joe. He looked determined and not his tentative old-self anymore. As a sign, he completely abandoned his previous routine of always trying to hit a couple of midrange jumpers first with the ball in his hands, which was frustrating to me as he'd lose confidence if he missed a couple of them. In this game, he was not afraid of contact and went strong to the hoops with great outcome. If he keeps his aggressiveness up, he is better than Manu and we will have no problem to beat the Spurs.

4. We are way better of a TEAM than the Mavs. They had only one-on-one scoring most of the game. For that, I wouldn't mind if Terry or Stack or Dirk went for 30pt. Amare's 40 came so naturally and smoothly in comparison, not to mention Marion's and JJ's. Next game, they might have no other option than doubling Amare. But with the confident JJ, Q, and Marion, we will have no problem. I just don't know which team and how they could stop our smooth and balanced offense. Pistons might be the best canditate while Heats might counter us with a very good offense.

Anyway, I reiterate my prediction of Suns in 5.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Dampier shouldn't be on the floor anymore. He is just awful.

He is not awful per se but was made looking awful by Amare. I feel for this guy. :D

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
He is not awful per se but was made looking awful by Amare. I feel for this guy. :D
I feel sorry for the guy... He is going to be abused by Amare rest of the series...

cly2tw

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Only one day off - Mavs without much chance to regroup and get over the Game 7 hangover - we come out with everything we've got in Game 2 and win and this series is done in 5. Gotta bring the hosue on Wednesday!

They had 2 days off and they routed the Rockets so their players had enough rest. Fatigue was not a reason why they got routed in this first game.

Anyone saw Cuban shaking his head after Amare made another and-1? Priceless. :thumbup:

nothin' but net

All Star
Reaction score
Favorite comment of the night...After Charles went off on how Dallas needs to foul Amare harder, maybe a flagrant, Kenny Smith replied, "You can't foul what you can't catch."

Anyone have connections with FSN or TNT? For the rest of the series, I would like to see a Cubancam in the top corner of the screen.

Final observation:
Thanks to Avery Johnson for summing up in 10 seconds what it took the Mavs 48 minutes to do. Tonight, Avery and his Mavs stepped onto the Suns court and fell on their butts. (I am sure there is a headline in there somewhere)

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
Anyway, I'm almost willing to guarantee that Jason Terry will put up 25+ ppg this series, on 50+% shooting. The Suns can win anyway, but it's going to be because of the other guys stepping up to help Steve Nash, not the other way around (a.k.a. the usual way).

FDog, I'm not trying to say anything big after only 1 game, but i just don't think this can happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05