It was great while it lasted.

This site will thrive no matter what!

:raccoon:

Thanks Skkorp for everything.

:raccoon:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well stated. I guess we did have something special and out of the ordinary. I don't doubt that the members of this board will keep it living at the same level. :)

A-Bomb

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Well, sh#t. Hopefully our Cards insiders will still help out, and if we fans keep going to their practices and camps, our insight will still be read on this board.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus we all know that Jo Sparks articles blows any main stream articles out of the water. There is no comparison! I hope Jo will continue to write even though she no longer has access to the practices.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the Cardinals working. To take to focus off of kicking this site to the curb, they announce the signing of the center/guard, Stefanowhatevervich.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spin it however you want, this still really sucks. The Cards had a chance to do "the right thing," but instead chose to do as all the other teams do. Conformity sucks. If their relationship with this site has worked well for years, leave it alone. UGH UGH UGH

I won't protest or berate, but only because you asked us not to, Jim.

:bang:

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
That's disappointing but this site will still be #1 :thumbup:

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
The fact that we have players posting and insiders won't change. We'll still rock, and no matter how good the Cardinals may or may not get, we'll still be the originals.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they would have cared what other teams do before they drafted Grammatica, or drafted "insert player here" for that matter.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
Now can't you write about things you might not have been able to report on before as an official media source?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Spin it however you want, this still really sucks. The Cards had a chance to do "the right thing," but instead chose to do as all the other teams do. Conformity sucks. If their relationship with this site has worked well for years, leave it alone. UGH UGH UGH

I won't protest or berate, but only because you asked us not to, Jim.

:bang:

Here, here. I agree 100%.

Sorry to hear about the breaking of ties Skkorp and this will in no way diminish the quality of this site.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Sad news indeed.

What the heck is a mainstream news organization anyway?

If you have a radio station or a newspaper then you are legitimate I guess.

I am disappointed in the Cardinals but I do understand where they are coming from. They have to draw the line somewhere, I just think they drew it in the wrong place.

Thanks for the great info we have had access to Skkorp, I still plan to log in for all the Cardinal news I can get. :thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Sad news indeed.

What the heck is a mainstream news organization anyway?
Ironically I think the definition of "mainstream news organization" has typically either been "Cardinal Basher" or "Who cares about the Cardinals".

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Jim,

I have a hard time giving up on things, so in case you are looking for a loop hole, here one might be:

A. Get affliated with a "mainstream news organization", whatever that means, or

B. If we had a monthly or quarterly newsletter that accompanied the website, couldn't ASFN be considered a sports publication and get the Media thingy back?

Do we have any lawyers on the board that can help with jargon?

P.M. me Jim if you have any thoughts on this. Remember, I run a Media Arts school, we have tons of toys here and as long as you remain a non-profit, I can have students work on this as some type of Journalism class or Internship and get a grade for it. We'd have a year to put something together, right?

Last edited:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Oran said:
Jim,

I have a hard time giving up on things, so in case you are looking for a loop hole, here one might be:

A. Get affliated with a "mainstream news organization", whatever that means, or

B. If we had a monthly or quarterly newsletter that accompanied the website, couldn't ASFN be considered a sports publication and get the Media thingy back?

P.M. me Jim if you have any thoughts on this. Remember, I run a Media Arts school, we have tons of toys here and as long as you remain a non-profit, I can have students work on this as some type of Journalism class or Internship and get a grade for it. We'd have a year to put something together, right?
you are my new favorite super hero :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is awful news. I wish things were different. But I'm optimistic about ASFN's future, even without the media passes. ASFN is too good of a thing to diminish. We'll shine brightly still.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
seesred said:
We might be able to sell enough ads to support a bi- weekly Cardinals rag.

GBR

If we ran a publication once a month during football season the cost would be close to nothing. I'm sure all the posters here wouldn't mind running an advertisment in it for their companies if the ads ran cheap. Nidan and company could write the stories.