Sad day for ASFN and Cards fans

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sad day indeed. Now I'll never know whether or not Jason McAddley likes to listen to DMX or Jay-Z pre-game.

I don't know how this site isn't a "legitimate news source". Sometimes I'm staggered by the amount of people (especially in the radio medium) who pirate ideas from this board.

I hope that people that have insider access, both within the organization and without, will continue to post here and uphold the wonderful access that ASFN has had up to this point.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This sucks. I gravitated to this site because of the lack of information coming form the organized news media. So, lets pray the AZ Pug will start doing their job. Lets hope they actually watch the practices instead of relying on what someone else has to say about practice.

This indeed, is a dark day...

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
kerouac9 said:
Sad day indeed. Now I'll never know whether or not Jason McAddley likes to listen to DMX or Jay-Z pre-game.

I don't know how this site isn't a "legitimate news source". Sometimes I'm staggered by the amount of people (especially in the radio medium) who pirate ideas from this board.

I hope that people that have insider access, both within the organization and without, will continue to post here and uphold the wonderful access that ASFN has had up to this point.
exactly...some stories were broken here, even before "main stream" knew about them.

Many of the media lurk here...not naming any names, but I have rec'd PMs from a few of them & corresponded about various items...

seesred

Reaction score
It's not the end of the world. We are still here. Now instead of finding things out we will do what the othgers do..We will make things up...By the way did you hear about q's fettish about feet, let me te......

GBR

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oran, thanks, and thanks to all of you. It's the posters who make this site what it is.

I am going to ask to be kept on the media distribution list so we can still receive press releases. The site won't change much unless participation falls off. I will, however, save about $3,000 a year by not covering camp and practices. So we keep on keeping on.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this one......A source familiar with the Cardinals told me today that....

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It seems crazy that if ASFN had a "old school" printed publication then it might be considered legitimate but as long as it remains digital it is "just another website" but I think it is an accurate assessment.

Maybe an e-mail newsletter would preserve the internet home and provide a list of subscribers to point to for some legitimacy. :shrug:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
How is the Cardinals breaking ties with this site not "doing the right thing?" I'm pretty sure no other professional team has ever granted such rights to an individual website. For the Cardinals to allow this as long as they have speaks volumes about the job Skkorp and co. has done in building, maintaining, and promoting ASFN. It also speaks volumes about the Cardinal organization, which has granted their fans an obscene amount of opportunities to allow the community to know their team off the field. This website's media access is a fine example of that.

It's simply a forward move in the right direction. Skkorp's absolutely right, when this team begins to get better, the demand for information will rise and media outlets around town will act accordingly and provide it. For us in the Phoenix area Jurecki will still provide the best info on the Cards and Somers, Urban, and Kohler will do a fine job as well. They have way more resources, experience, and the medium to reach more fans, potential fans, and non-fans.

This example may not sound the same but it is actually very similar. I remember when the California Angels were sold to Disney by the Autry family. Much like the Cardinals, the Autry's ran a franchise that was family-oriented, had a small-town feel, and the players and coaches were easily accessible to fans at the ballpark and throughout the community. When Disney bought the team everything seemed to change. The Angels became a business, and the team and environment resembled such. But while this initially sucked for us fans, the end result of the Disney ownership was a World Series, something the family environment of the Autry ownership could never provide. I see a similar transition in the Autry-Disney change as I do now with the obvious change from the Bill Bidwill Sr. era to the Michael Bidwill era. I know that this probably isn't much of a consolation for everybody (including myself) who loves this site, but it was something I remember and wanted to pass on.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What to do...what to do...??

Two words: covert surveillance.

Spy Headquarters, anyone? :cool:

;)

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oran said:
The fact that we have players posting and insiders won't change. We'll still rock, and no matter how good the Cardinals may or may not get, we'll still be the originals.
What players post here?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
What to do...what to do...??

Two words: covert surveillance.

Spy Headquarters, anyone? :cool:

;)
I just got back from California where we were testing out a Predator UAV. Maybe we could rig our own Remote controled plane with a camera. Make it look like a bird and they would never know it was there.

:)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
What players post here?
I've heard of players reading but I didn't know about posting. We're pretty brutal sometimes ;) Just looking back at some of what we've said... Clement, Emmitt, Pace, Bryant, etc. They must be good sports if they still read this site. And I'm pretty sure we scared Anquan off...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thats too bad. It will take a little away from this website.

However, it will still be great because of the way it is run and people who post here.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
I know Pittman used to post on one of the old boards & KLASS's wife used to post here. LJ lurks (I'm pretty sure)

Lots of speculation that BostonCard is Kendall. If you remember the beginning of last year, Quan was writing in on the front page articles saying that he was going to save the day.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Times change; things change and people change. You have to adapt to survive. I have complete faith in this site and the job Skkorp is doing. I also have faith in my fellow posters. Therefore, this site will carry on as before and will adapt and prosper. Working together, we can make it so.

Carry on Skkorp. We are all behind you 100% and will continue to support you at or above the current level. :thumbup:

Reaction score
Oran said:
Lots of speculation that BostonCard is Kendall. If you remember the beginning of last year, Quan was writing in on the front page articles saying that he was going to save the day.

Oran, heres a clue... that wasn't really Q!

Reaction score
Jim,

This site began before you had access, so I surmise that it will continue. Keep up the good work!
:cards:

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
Oran, heres a clue... that wasn't really Q!
I'm not talking about the message board, I'm talking about the front page. It might not have been him, but :shrug:

Also, Marcus Bell used to lurk, that I know fa sure.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an excellent site for information on the Cards (and other AZ teams); really best that I have seen. Will continue to post and enjoy the sharing of information. :thumbup:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The strength of this site is us, it's the people who post and our devotion for the Cards is what makes this so great. It was cool to have insight from Skorp and all about what they saw in practice etc. But it is us that makes up what this site is, so I do not see any big changes happening, This site will still be cool :cool:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad day losing the access.

But....

Skorp, you have done a great job and this site will go on. It has too much momentum and too many crazy Card fans to let this die.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
This is still the best Cardinals board hands IMO. Thanks skkorp for providing us with this board.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two points..one good , one bad

The bad point is the inside info we were privilaged to was awesome and after this training camp it will be somewhat less.

HOWEVER!!! Much of my time spent here on this sight is not only the reporting but the insight of our posters. It's chocked full of opinions and views from guys and gals just like me...Cardinal fans.

As long as we have people attending the camp sight and posting their views this site will thrive. The one thing I like about this site is that stories and opinions weren't candy coated and were from the heart. Lets get through this pre-season and collectively we may be able to come up with some alternative by next preseason.

Skorrp, great job up till now and I'm looking for some great insight from this camp.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Lenny_Biscuit said:
Now can't you write about things you might not have been able to report on before as an official media source?

Here here.

After you leave the trianing camp give us all the dirt. All the times you said, "I know more but cant tell" type stuff should be aired out. I want the juicy stuff.

I understand if you dont just becuase you were treated so well by the cards and still have loyalty to them and thats cool if you dont give us the dirt.

But really, give us the dirt! ;)