Sad day for ASFN and Cards fans

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Well I still say it sux! This place is very special for Cards Fans and I would think anyone in the Cards Org would grant this site an exemption from this rule. Still this is the ONLY place to go to interact with true cardinals fans and that WON'T change...Many of us here were interacting on the old AOL board and this is our home....PERIOD! The Cards should really reconsider this..but I'll keep my mouth shut if it is so requested...

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never even read the articles here. I have a link right to the board.

Just like hanging out with you dudes and dudettes.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
*sigh*

It was great while it lasted.

This site will thrive no matter what!

:raccoon:

Thanks Skkorp for everything.

:raccoon:

Agreed. It is one of the "legal things" that make this country a shell of what it used to be but we all know it was inevitable. It is just the way things work sometimes, and I personally feel the NFL dows a great job and runs the league beautifully. Things like this site fall into the crack cause other site like it fail to be as proffessional as this one.

Thanks for everything Skorp, and all the people that have done things to make the site what it is.

But more importantly it will still thrive.

Peace
:thumbup:

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to have complete access to the Cardinals and their training facility throughout the year. I still visit this board regularly though to get other views on what I see and to interact with those who post hear. The powers that run this board have done a fantastic job of bringing the stories to the fans in a way that other mediums can not. I enjoy reading what the fans think about the team and I will continue to read this board as often as I can. Don't let a step back in access affect your passion for this team. The information is out there and everyone on this board does a great job at finding it. The board will live on and I'm sure it will be as lively this season as in seasons past. Skkorp and company have done a great job and will be missed at practice. I will still post here and offer any information that I have on the team. A few stories here and there may get to this board a little later now, but it will not in the long run hurt the greatness of this board as an outlet for the fans.

Red Hog

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Remember those attacks on DG in the articles?
Some poster said this would happen.

I think the final straw might have been all the crying about no signings yet. Hardly any signings have been made. DG signs people on his schedule. Whining and crying about is silly. DG knows what he is doing in all aspects of football.

There is more to come.

The NFL is a dog eat dog business and you are either with the Cards (now the Cards = DG) or are against the Cards. There is no middle road. Men are going to be putting their bodies on the line in violent physical and mentally anguishing activities. The less doubt those men have the better they will perform. Any doubters will be shown the door.

Last edited:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lrk27 said:
A few stories here and there may get to this board a little later now, but it will not in the long run hurt the greatness of this board as an outlet for the fans.

Amen, brother!

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
This is my favorite site on the internet. The articles were great but i will still spend most of my internet time right here on this board interacting with my fellow az sports fans. This site is a place where i feel at home with people that have had to suffer through the same sports teams i have over the years and have enjoyed the same sports moments i have. This site with survive no matter what access it has.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All things must pass. Thanks a million Skkorp - and everyone else. I'll still be checking in here everyday. I haven't even met you guys but still feel like I know you. GO BIG RED!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Access Schmacksess. This site was great, is great, and will continue to be great with or without access.

It's already been said, but it's the people that post and write here that make up this community.

Besides, when more media outlets follow the team there will be more people writing on the team, so we will not be at a loss for Cards info.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First---thank-you!!

to EVERYONE who has some part in this board. It's the "Cardinal-family" that I enjoy and THAT'S why I come here. Especially since I'm not even "local"--Charleston, S.C. is my home. THANK GOD for satellite TV!! :) Anyways, I do not need to know all the "inside-stuff". All I care about is that they find a way to WIN. I guess this is part of DG's "circling the wagons"-approach. ...And as for any players, coaches reading this site I will say this. It's human nature to complain BUT praise & encouragement are far better "motivators". I've never seen the sense of booing or complaining. It accomplishes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! BUT BELIEVE in someone and watch them do what no one thought possible!

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Will JimO keep posting here?

And who cares about losing our insider info, we will still be able to kepep up with everything going on because the people on this site dominate. If our team was only as great as the fans.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong here but what I think the "regulars" get out of this board is about 90% from the rumor mills, poster's conjecture, local radio, tv, personal sightings, visiting open practices, etc. versus the 10% of information that I perceive we'll lose. Personally I'd continue to visit this site if it were only 25% of what it is today.
Skorp - I'll bet you'll be surprised at the continued growth and success of this board.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sorry Skkorp I think we should protest.

I am. Who in the hell is running the show? We've signed one draft pick, and now this.

Dennis Green better make us win. Otherwise he will be berated like no tomorrow.

Believe me I can do it. I can turn the entire North End Zone on him.

I blame this on him. If he thinks this a free Buddy Ryan ride, I am prepared to jump the wall and pummell him. n

Last edited:

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I don't think you should just give up.

And, I completely understand the Cardinals position. Let's say, instead of the Cards, we are talking about the Greenbay Packers or the Cowboys. 100s of people would probably just setup websites and claim that they are in need of media creditals just to get better access as a fan. With 100s of websites requesting access, the NFL as a whole has to draw the line somewhere. Keeping it to only real Newspapers, Radio, and TV sounds reasonable.
They don't want their practices swampped with tons of reporters.

Now, on the "Don't give up yet" plan.

Do the Cards have enough media attention right now? No way. There was an entire thread about how the Giants and other teams have big writeups in the paper this week (and everyday), while the Cards had almost nothing.

I really think you should consider getting affiliated with one of the large media outlets in town. Send them all info. Say you'll work for free. You are now. Maybe you can get a deal where you write a few free articles a month or whatever and they can have an internet outlet for the Cards.

I could see them adding "For more Cards info logon to ASFN" giving the website address of course. ASFN would need a little extra police-ing due to all the one time flakes that may show up more often, but it won't be much more trouble than now.

Which media might you target? You could blitz them all and see who responds. Radio - 860 and 1060 might be interested. I see nothing wrong with having more than 1 reporter from one source. I'm sure other NFL teams have multiple reporters for 1 station. I don't know if the AZRep would give you the time of day, but they need the most improvement. Maybe the Trib would consider an affiliation to try to gain a leg up on the Rep.

I know nothing about TV, but you could try. You could be basicly a TV consoltant where you research developing stories and when one is worth of some TV coverage, you call up the real reporters and tell them what's up and they take over. That would give them cheap access to the Cards and they won't miss anything.

That's how I feel. Don't give up. Just go with the flow.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Exactly we should take this out on Dennis Green.

Who the "f" does he think he is?

Bad move. This pisses me off, we have the Black Buddy Ryan.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. Can't think of anything else to say, really. I'd think this is more of a move on the new PR director's part than Denny Green, but who really knows?

Sorry to hear it Skkorp. A bummer of a day, indeed.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Jim,

They might be able to kick you out of the Cardinals but they will never take the Cardinals out of you, or us. OK, that was kind of sappy.

Anyway, I look forward to all of your future hopefully very candid reporting!! Don't have to worry about the PR department's or Michael's feelings anymore!

Thanks for all of your outstanding efforts past, present and future.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim,

As unfortunate as that is, the reason this site is a success isn't because of your access to the Cardinals. Rather, it's the community and the passion that you and everyone brings to the table.

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating: Thanks for your dedication and commitment to keeping ASFN running. Without it, I may get three times the work done, but I just wouldn't feel right about it.

-J

PS--Maybe since the cards are examining the rest of the NFL's policies, they'll also examine their defenses and make some adjustments there, too. I would hope that the it's not just media holes that they'll plug.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Jim,

As unfortunate as that is, the reason this site is a success isn't because of your access to the Cardinals. Rather, it's the community and the passion that you and everyone brings to the table.

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating: Thanks for your dedication and commitment to keeping ASFN running. Without it, I may get three times the work done, but I just wouldn't feel right about it.

-J

PS--Maybe since the cards are examining the rest of the NFL's policies, they'll also examine their defenses and make some adjustments there, too. I would hope that the it's not just media holes that they'll plug.

:stupid:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry Skkorp I think we should protest.
I agree with the above comment.

Now that they've pulled your creds, Jim, what else can they do to you? Send you to Viet Nam?

This issue is bigger than just ASFN's wings being clipped. It involves an organization that seems to find new ways each year to shoot itself in the foot.

A new stadium is being built. The team needs revenue to become competitive. It continues to struggle with ticket sales. It ranks 31st or 32nd in NFL merch sales.

It should be bending over backward to maintain and expand its fan base; but instead, we find a virtual news blackout in the Valley and new policies in place which will further distance the team from its fans.

If no one raises a beef over this, the Cardinal brass will assume that, since no one complained, maybe ASFN wasn't so big a deal in the first place.

Jim - I'll accede to your wishes and not say an additional word, but I'd wish you'd reconsider your request for all of us to "cool it."

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

Jim - I'll accede to your wishes and not say an additional word, but I'd wish you'd reconsider your request for all of us to "cool it."
Me too. If you loosen the gag order, I'm a pretty good letter writter (I learned my chops from "Johnny Letter").

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Me too. If you loosen the gag order, I'm a pretty good letter writter (I learned my chops from "Johnny Letter").

Ditto. The NFL needs to move into the digital age, and realize that some of the websites are better than the "traditional" media.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ditto. The NFL needs to move into the digital age, and realize that some of the websites are better than the "traditional" media.
Along a similar vein - the Dem convention has issued a dozen or so credentials for web bloggers. GOP convention is expected to do the same.

The world is changing.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

the world is changing, and the Cardinals org is continuously at LEAST 5 years behind the curve...
I don't know if they still do this, but before i became a season ticket holder, i tried to buy a couple tickets in the upper deck for a game, and the Cards ticket people said they couldn't sell those until ALL the more expensive tickets were sold. I got some from a scalper during the national anthem for 20 bux each and was in my seat just as the Cards were punting for the 1st time....