Sad day for ASFN and Cards fans

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oran said:
Jim,

I have a hard time giving up on things, so in case you are looking for a loop hole, here one might be:

A. Get affliated with a "mainstream news organization", whatever that means, or

B. If we had a monthly or quarterly newsletter that accompanied the website, couldn't ASFN be considered a sports publication and get the Media thingy back?

Do we have any lawyers on the board that can help with jargon?

P.M. me Jim if you have any thoughts on this. Remember, I run a Media Arts school, we have tons of toys here and as long as you remain a non-profit, I can have students work on this as some type of Journalism class or Internship and get a grade for it. We'd have a year to put something together, right?

well as the only resident vocal attorney, i'd be happy to take a look at any paperwork. if they have guidelines (beyond that little pathetic - sorry, have to bash a little - three paragraph BS) i'd be happy to take a peek and make a determination as to what i thought would be required to pass muster to maintain our access.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
today i am a little bit less of a cards fan and a lot more of an asfn fan.

this stinks. it's rotten. and while i agree that this board has always been about a lot more than our access, this is a ridiculously bad PR move on the part of the cardinals. until they prove differently, they ARE a mom and pop operation. to throw out the "kids" is stupid.

cards PR dude: "hey, i've got an idea, let's see if we can alienate the only stronghold of truly rabid cardinals fans left on this planet and start from scratch!"

idiots.

sorry, sue me, i'm passionate.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
today i am a little bit less of a cards fan and a lot more of an asfn fan.

this stinks. it's rotten. and while i agree that this board has always been about a lot more than our access, this is a ridiculously bad PR move on the part of the cardinals. until they prove differently, they ARE a mom and pop operation. to throw out the "kids" is stupid.

cards PR dude: "hey, i've got an idea, let's see if we can alienate the only stronghold of truly rabid cardinals fans left on this planet and start from scratch!"

idiots.

sorry, sue me, i'm passionate.
Ditto that! I'm pissed as well! Way to piss in the face of the longtime Cards fans...make you scratch your head and say"What the F@#! are they thinking"?! Of course many things the Cardinals do make you say the same thing!

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
I am saddened by this news as well. I will respect Skkorp's wishes to not protest this move with the Cards, but I really want to send an email to them pointing out the obvious: This site is the home of the most loyal, die hard, non-bandwagon Card fans. It is the ONLY forum dealing with the Cards that is well moderated. The team is getting free publicity here; I wonder if the power broker that made this decision has even visited this forum to check it out.

Pulling ASFN's press credential is like biting the hand that feeds you. I would venture to say a large segment of ASFN's faithful are season ticket holders (including me). The press credentials do allow for some exclusive stories, and they are written from a non-mainstream press point of view that I enjoy. The local "mainstream" rags offer crap to us fans; you could just change the name of the team in a story and publish it in Dallas or St. Louis.

Skkorp, I agree with the other posters who would like to lobby for re-instatement but I will not without your blessing. Don't worry, ASFN will continue to grow because of the way you handle this site.

:cheers:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I once read a post by Skorp where he was disappointed that not many people read the articles anyway. From what I’ve seen, the camaraderie between you guys is what keeps the site going more than the articles.

I would suggest that instead of trying to get Arizonasportsfans.com in as the media, try getting in as a Cardinal fan club. You won’t get into as much as you use to, but you might be able to use it to get into some things normal fans can’t. Below is an example. Maybe you can improve upon the Packers model so you can use a Cardinal fan club to get a few primary members of the fan club access to player interviews and such to report to your web-site.

http://www.packers.com/packers_partners/

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Maybe we could get a tad more aggressive? Get ASFN shirts and boycott some games(picket lines and all)..call into local sports talkshows..make a big fuss...you can see the healines now..."Cardinals kick sand in the face of diehard fan base"! This board has probably done more to build the Cardinals loyal fanbase than anything the organization has done in the past...seriously...this is by far the biggest kick in my ass and I flew to Minnesota in -30 degree weather to see the Cards get thier ass handed to them by the Vikes in 99...seriously this really does chap my hide..sorry Skorp but it does...

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wormer may have dropped the big one but its not over until we say its over.

Who's with me ??????

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder if this started with the write up in the Republic?