Saints vs Cardinals pregame thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
as much as I love stats, they don't always tell the full story

NOs offense feels better than 13th, defense better than 11th
The offense seems about right, but the defense part is misleading. They have given up a lot of yards and points after games were already over. The Bears game and Seahawks games are prime examples.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
10/23/19, 11:16 AM
Kingsbury said David Johnson will not practice today and in a "perfect world," he'd be held out Sunday with a short week coming up next week (Cardinals play Thursday). Also said team doesn't want Johnson to play at 70 or 80 percent this week.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
10/23/19, 11:16 AM
Kingsbury said David Johnson will not practice today and in a "perfect world," he'd be held out Sunday with a short week coming up next week (Cardinals play Thursday). Also said team doesn't want Johnson to play at 70 or 80 percent this week.

Tough to not have him, but smart to hold him out, since SF will probably be a grind it out game.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard)
10/23/19, 11:46 AM
Kingsbury on Christian Kirk: "I'd love to have him back (Sunday). I'm not sure if he will be. We're going to get him out there today and move him around, and hopefully we feel good about it."

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
10/23/19, 11:50 AM
Former QB Kliff Kingsbury marveling at careers of Drew Brees and Tom Brady:

"I don’t know when they are going to stop. They’ll just play until they’re 50. I don’t know why you would stop. They go 30 for 40 for 350 and 4 touchdowns every week and they don’t break a sweat."

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would call it passive aggressive trolling

Given their schedule, there is only one HC who fits his description
Agreed. He isnt unlike other older coaches over the years that doesn't see eye to eye with a new philosophy being brought into the league. He also lost the controversial game last year to one of these kind of guys... So that is gonna always be in the back of his mind.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10/23/19, 12:16 PM
Whether Brees or Bridgewater plays, Kingsbury hopes Cardinals learned a lesson after Panthers backup Kyle Allen roasted them in Week 3. "You better prepare for their best. I don't know if we had a letdown, but we definitely didn't play our best game that week."

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
10/23/19, 1:01 PM
In open portion of practice Larry Fitzgerald was having vet day. Didn't see Corey Peters, Terrell Suggs, Jordan Hicks. As noted earlier, David Johnson, D.J. Foster not practicing

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
10/23/19, 12:53 PM
Saints coach Sean Payton said QB Drew Brees was able to practice today and may be a game-time decision on Sunday.
I bet he's the backup on Suday with their bye looming.

The real dagger to our hearts will be that Brees' availability will allow Sean Payton to scheme the hell out of Taysom Hill again. His snaps on offense & ST's have been reduced since he is now the backup QB if Teddy gets hurt.

If Brees is active....... I think Hill is the one that will kill us. That kid is a baller.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Triplett (@MikeTriplett)
10/23/19, 1:30 PM
When Drew Brees was asked if he’s playing this week, he said, “That’s the plan.” But he still said he needs to make sure he feels like himself all week. And he said if he tells Sean Payton he’s ready, he thinks Payton will believe him. Brees threw Wednesday and felt good so far.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Just to cut thru the B.S.

Brees and Kamara are IN, DJ and Kirk are OUT

I think KM could still have a huge game and keep the Cards right in it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saints QB Drew Brees says he plans to start vs. Arizona on Sunday

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton said he might wait until Sunday to name his starting quarterback. But Drew Brees hopes to make the decision easy for him.

When asked if he is playing Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, Brees said, "That's the plan. We'll see."

Brees said he felt good throwing the football when he returned to practice on a limited basis Wednesday -- just five weeks after having thumb surgery on his throwing hand. He said the decision will come down to "just making sure I can be me."

And when asked if it will strictly be his decision, Brees said, "I'll tell Sean if I'm ready, and he'll believe me."

Payton told the Arizona media that Brees has been medically cleared, and that it is just a matter of making sure he has the proper strength "and all those things necessary" to throw the ball effectively.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27913500/saints-qb-drew-brees-says-plans-start-vs-arizona-sunday

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Saints QB Drew Brees says he plans to start vs. Arizona on Sunday

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton said he might wait until Sunday to name his starting quarterback. But Drew Brees hopes to make the decision easy for him.

When asked if he is playing Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, Brees said, "That's the plan. We'll see."

Brees said he felt good throwing the football when he returned to practice on a limited basis Wednesday -- just five weeks after having thumb surgery on his throwing hand. He said the decision will come down to "just making sure I can be me."

And when asked if it will strictly be his decision, Brees said, "I'll tell Sean if I'm ready, and he'll believe me."

Payton told the Arizona media that Brees has been medically cleared, and that it is just a matter of making sure he has the proper strength "and all those things necessary" to throw the ball effectively.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27913500/saints-qb-drew-brees-says-plans-start-vs-arizona-sunday

I hope we wreck him.