Sam Bradford Released

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I do not fault the Cardinals here. They needed a QB at the time, Bradford was at least sevicable.

The coaches are so poor on this team that I am not going to soley judge Bradford on his time here.

McCoy was fired after Bradford was benched, and Bradford was signe before the Cardinals draft Rosen.

But, its all water under the bridge now.

I can see a team signing Bradford next week.
Eli struggling, Lauletta arrested, Shurmur = Bradford savior...

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
The only reason I can think is they have been trying to trade him since he was benched. No one took the bait and the trade deadline is passed, so they released him.
That was my only guess but was ANY team going to take on that contract? I don't think the Cardinals would be that optimistic.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I do not fault the Cardinals here. They needed a QB at the time, Bradford was at least sevicable.

The coaches are so poor on this team that I am not going to soley judge Bradford on his time here.

McCoy was fired after Bradford was benched, and Bradford was signe before the Cardinals draft Rosen.

But, its all water under the bridge now.

I can see a team signing Bradford next week.

Very little evidence to support this position.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know many resent him for the money he's made but in a world where players constantly get screwed over by the system, I think he's a hero. He gave up his knees and took some beatings on some really horrendous teams but he managed to get paid. Good for him.

Dead on! The Cardinals should erect a statue of him right next to Pat Tillman to thank Sam for his bravery.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
13 Mil for 3 games

Sam’s laughing all the way to the bank....Again!!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Dead on! The Cardinals should erect a statue of him right next to Pat Tillman to thank Sam for his bravery.
So, do you think players are treated fairly and disagree with my sentiment or are you just choosing to misrepresent what I said?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was my only guess but was ANY team going to take on that contract? I don't think the Cardinals would be that optimistic.

I could see a team that was in the playoff hunt with a qb injury, which didn’t happen. No one would willingly do it unless they absolutely had to.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I could see a team that was in the playoff hunt with a qb injury, which didn’t happen. No one would willingly do it unless they absolutely had to.
It's somewhat of a miracle that it's happened to him two previous times anyway. So, the Cardinals blew some cash, which isn't the end of the world, no draft picks and they still wound up with their QBOTF so I don't think they have to feel too badly about how things transpired.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's somewhat of a miracle that it's happened to him two previous times anyway. So, the Cardinals blew some cash, which isn't the end of the world, no draft picks and they still wound up with their QBOTF so I don't think they have to feel too badly about how things transpired.

And when we signed him, we needed a qb since we didn’t have one on roster. He was our 3rd option in FA and like you stated, we still got our QBOTF.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, do you think players are treated fairly and disagree with my sentiment or are you just choosing to misrepresent what I said?

Name me a player that was treated unfairly??? And what constitutes unfairly IYO

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I know many resent him for the money he's made but in a world where players constantly get screwed over by the system, I think he's a hero. He gave up his knees and took some beatings on some really horrendous teams but he managed to get paid. Good for him.

meh...He also destroyed several years of hope for fans that watched him go down to injury. After the first, and last of the massive rookie contracts, it wasn't his fault. However, calling him a hero is waaaaaaaaay over the top. HE chose to keep going for the money, so that limits my sympathy for him

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only reason I can think is they have been trying to trade him since he was benched. No one took the bait and the trade deadline is passed, so they released him.
I honestly think they made out better by releasing him and recouping the Kareem Martin compensatory pick than anything they would have gotten for Bradford.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In what way are players treated unfairly? Bradford made enough money in 3 games this season to last him and his family their entire lives.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
About freaking time!!!

Made zero sense keeping him.
For all those that thought Sammy Checkdown was good, shame on you.