Sam Bradford Released

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Geez...I would have thought it was clear that I was speaking in hyperbole. No, I don't literally think he's a hero, I just don't mind a player making as much money as he can make. It has never kept any of his teams from signing someone else or in any way, really. This year for example. Just what was he supposed to do? Does anyone honestly think someone should turn down money being offered? Did his signing keep the Cardinals from signing someone else? Aren't the Cardinals $70M under the cap next year? Did Bradford's signing have anything to do with who the GM, HC or OC are or will be? Did ticket prices or parking or concessions go up? I just don't see any reason why there would be any angst toward Bradford when he didn't even commit his usual transgression and get hurt.

He did not choose to start only 3 games and it's clear that the Cardinals have way more problems than can be blamed on a QB. So, Bradford got paid a little more than Josh McCown this year and a little less than Nick Foles. The Cardinals paying backup money for a QB that they chose not to play much. Why the drama? The Cardinals paid what they had to pay to get a FA starting QB but they protected themselves in case they got lucky and a QB fell to them in the draft. No harm, no foul that I can see. Bradford can't really be blamed that he signed with a team that had Mike McCoy as the OC.

Bradford's never quit or even wanted to leave any of his teams so I don't feel like he should be vilified for getting paid money that was signed by both sides. It seems odd to me that he is the one who gets blamed when a team chooses to pay him.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I still think sam has a lot left in the tank - the knee is holding up well - I expected half a season to get in stride with a new team - you know a real team that knows what offense they plan to run and everything.

maybe he will do better on a team that don’t have fans that line up to kick players in the nuts. Just maybe - thanks for being a card Sam! Best of luck going forward.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Geez...I would have thought it was clear that I was speaking in hyperbole. No, I don't literally think he's a hero, I just don't mind a player making as much money as he can make. It has never kept any of his teams from signing someone else or in any way, really. This year for example. Just what was he supposed to do? Does anyone honestly think someone should turn down money being offered? Did his signing keep the Cardinals from signing someone else? Aren't the Cardinals $70M under the cap next year? Did Bradford's signing have anything to do with who the GM, HC or OC are or will be? Did ticket prices or parking or concessions go up? I just don't see any reason why there would be any angst toward Bradford when he didn't even commit his usual transgression and get hurt.

He did not choose to start only 3 games and it's clear that the Cardinals have way more problems than can be blamed on a QB. So, Bradford got paid a little more than Josh McCown this year and a little less than Nick Foles. The Cardinals paying backup money for a QB that they chose not to play much. Why the drama? The Cardinals paid what they had to pay to get a FA starting QB but they protected themselves in case they got lucky and a QB fell to them in the draft. No harm, no foul that I can see. Bradford can't really be blamed that he signed with a team that had Mike McCoy as the OC.

Bradford's never quit or even wanted to leave any of his teams so I don't feel like he should be vilified for getting paid money that was signed by both sides. It seems odd to me that he is the one who gets blamed when a team chooses to pay him.

Well, you did say you had him just below Brady and Rodgers a few months back, so I think your opinion of Bradford is wildly off.

I don't blame him for signing these contracts but I also don't blame anyone who looks at him as anything but a pity case. He is one of the most handsomely paid players of his generation despite not having been an impact player at any point in his entire lousy career.

I would be shocked if there is a player who has made even half of his career earnings who also has never played in a playoff game. And I don't need to hear about how his teams have been lousy. A big factor in his teams being bad is that they've had a ton of money tied up in a crappy QB who is about as useful in meaningful situations as a wet fart.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Giants should sign Bradford, he can’t be any worse than Eli.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
The Giants should sign Bradford, he can’t be any worse than Eli.

And that’s exactly why they shouldn’t. They should sit Eli and take a look at Lauletta, despite his recent traffic arrest.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As soon as Rosen was named starter the writing was on the wall for Bradford. Knew it was only a matter of time before he was let go. With the trade deadline past there was no need to keep him on the roster.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Bradford is the winner on Sam this. He got PAID 15 mil to not play in preseason and play only three games.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Bradford’s final bill to Michael Bidwill? $15.9375 million for three games

It’s been a money-for-mostly-nothing career for Sam Bradford. Through Monday at 4:00 p.m. ET, any team can claim Bradford’s contract, giving them a quarterback for the balance of the year at not much money.

He has $2.35 million remaining on his contract for 2019, along with $312,500 for each week he’s on the active roster. That’s an extra $2.5 million, pushing his maximum payout to $4.85 million.

If the phone rings, maybe he shouldn’t answer. After earning $127.5 million in 10 seasons, maybe Bradford should move on with his life, and move out of the NFL.

His parting gift would be a grand total of $15.9375 million for three games in Arizona, via a $10 million signing bonus, $5 million guaranteed salary, $937,500 in per-game roster bonuses. That fact along could be the catalyst for owner Michael Bidwill to make major offseason changes for the Cardinals.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Well, you did say you had him just below Brady and Rodgers a few months back, so I think your opinion of Bradford is wildly off.

I don't blame him for signing these contracts but I also don't blame anyone who looks at him as anything but a pity case. He is one of the most handsomely paid players of his generation despite not having been an impact player at any point in his entire lousy career.

I would be shocked if there is a player who has made even half of his career earnings who also has never played in a playoff game. And I don't need to hear about how his teams have been lousy. A big factor in his teams being bad is that they've had a ton of money tied up in a crappy QB who is about as useful in meaningful situations as a wet fart.
I'll need a refresher on that. I don't recall saying anything about Bradford being just behind Rodgers and Brady.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It’s been a money-for-mostly-nothing career for Sam Bradford. Through Monday at 4:00 p.m. ET, any team can claim Bradford’s contract, giving them a quarterback for the balance of the year at not much money.

He has $2.35 million remaining on his contract for 2019, along with $312,500 for each week he’s on the active roster. That’s an extra $2.5 million, pushing his maximum payout to $4.85 million.

If the phone rings, maybe he shouldn’t answer. After earning $127.5 million in 10 seasons, maybe Bradford should move on with his life, and move out of the NFL.

His parting gift would be a grand total of $15.9375 million for three games in Arizona, via a $10 million signing bonus, $5 million guaranteed salary, $937,500 in per-game roster bonuses. That fact along could be the catalyst for owner Michael Bidwill to make major offseason changes for the Cardinals.

How cheap of them!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll need a refresher on that. I don't recall saying anything about Bradford being just behind Rodgers and Brady.

I looked back and I mixed up you and cardncubsfan.

Honestly, apologies, I was mistaken.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I looked back and I mixed up you and cardncubsfan.

Honestly, apologies, I was mistaken.
No worries, those few of us who are fans of Bradford easily all get lumped together as the lunatic fringe. I'm sure there are some Derek Anderson and Kevin Kolb fans out there too. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can’t blame him here. He signed the best qb available after throwing the bank to Cousins and he scoffed us off. We were unsure about our qb after Palmer retire. We thought we was getting 2016 Sam.
It’s pretty clear that we didn’t sign the best QB available, right? Sam Bradford was the trash that many here identified him to be. We would’ve gotten more from Case Keenum or Josh McCown. Teddy Bridgewater was out there.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Price of doing business at that position.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It’s pretty clear that we didn’t sign the best QB available, right? Sam Bradford was the trash that many here identified him to be. We would’ve gotten more from Case Keenum or Josh McCown. Teddy Bridgewater was out there.

Oh, I know that. LOL.

Debatable whether any of them would have done much better in the same circumstances. Not so much defending Bradford as saying this team in its current state is a no win situation, and if Jimmy G. never got hurt for the Niners, there would be literally no wins.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Remember the stories about how the ball never hit the ground in training camp and Sam Bradford never even opened the door for Rosen as the starter?

You can tell how embarrassing this move is because they buried it at noon on a Saturday.

Thats because he never threw a pass in training camp, he was treated with kid gloves and it showed from the get go.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thats because he never threw a pass in training camp, he was treated with kid gloves and it showed from the get go.

I'm sure you have a lot of insights about how training camp was run from the Bluegrass State.

From the practice I attended he participated well/fully.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2016 Sam was better than the rest, so yes he was the BEST qb available after Cousins.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So...does Bradford get to keep his captain C? Or is it wrong for the organization to cut a team captain who was a healthy inactive for multiple weeks? Or is that only for a Hall of Fame CB who wants to be on a competitive team?

How ever will our locker-room survive this?