Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
This is probaly as irreversible as it can get. Hes killing Joe

Yeah, JJ is gone no matter what.

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
They said Sarver has demanded Childress if the Hawks don't want to give up the picks. So it would be Diaw and Childress for JJ. I'd go for that, but it doesn't seem realistic at all.

The perfect trade with atlanta would be Diaw + Childress + trade exception or the lakers 1st round pick next year

man... i would be all over that deal if that happens

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sarver is pretty straight-forward. Many other owners would sugar coat the whole interview, he's definitely not.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
They offered 6 yrs 75million- wow....sarver is convincing me...joe is messed in the head. More ego than i thought the player had.....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sarver said they offered 6 year $75 million and got NO response from JJ's camp. :eek:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just the tone of his voice makes it sound like he's genuine, I hope he is because I'm liking his responses.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Just the tone of his voice makes it sound like he's genuine, I hope he is because I'm liking his responses.
Plus, like I said Chap, JJ's camp isn't saying these facts are wrong....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
i love that he demanded compensation

They are matching no matter what. I am def. drinking the kool aid. I Bet he is demanding childress, diaw and pick

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
If the trade with Atlanta breaks down and JJ signs the Atlanta offer sheet, Sarver will match

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This is a fantastic interview. I totally expected it to be pure fluff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He sounds pretty upset about everything, like Jerry did yesterday at the Press Conference.

AZZenny

Reaction score
"He's getting bad advice. In my opinion, its bad advice. He's 22 years old, he's very young... and he's not real mature, hasn't been around the block much. He's a good young man, he works hard, but - I think it's bad advice, but obviously he doesn't. I don't know where its coming from - friends, advisors, family."

AZZenny

Reaction score
Amare loves Phoenix, he loves Nash, loves the Phoenix fans - he is a man on a mission, to win a title. Not to worry that he'll want out.

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sarver-

- Procedural issue with Atlanta. Hawks trying to resolve this.

- Thinks it will go through...but is really hesitant about whether or not it actually will.

- Elected not to sign him last year because he had just bought the team and committed a TON of money. Hadn't proven how successful the team would be and didn't want to lock in a starting 5 with big contracts without knowing how well the team would perform together. (Good point).

- Thought Joe would make more money the next season. Told him he really liked him and knows he'd be making more money than what his offer was (but not expecting him to be a MAX player) and hope he'd be in a Suns uniform (this was all last year).

- Didn't really receive any indications that Joe wasn't happy (other than the typical things that anyone may not be happy with sporadically....didn't see anything bad though)

- Realized about halfway through the season (especially after the Miami blowout) that they would match for Joe. Doesn't have a problem paying Joe more money.

- Last season's team performance exceeded all expectations.

- Allen, Redd marquee players. Joe got a team to give him a lot of money and good for him (I disagree here, sounds like

- Moving Q allowed us to get Defense and stay quick.

- Q deal and Kurt Thomas was not done to make room for Joe. Paying $3 million more this year (because of trade kicker with Q). Made the deal to make us a better team.

- Tried to meet with Joe. Tried to do the same thing as they did with Nash. Day after making appointment his agent called and said they don't want to meet, no reason to.

- Never thought the rumors were true of Joe wanting to leave. Figured it was all posturing. Kept thinking, okay, that's fine, let's just meet and tell us how much you want. Told him they want Joe, want him as a Sun. Based their offer off of Steve's and Manu's offers thinking it was fair. Told him, here's the offer, come back to us. They said, "We're not interested." They asked "Well, do you have a counter?" "NOPE". Kept trying to meet with Joe after this. Sarver thought of flying out to Arkansas himself. Got in contact with his mom. Agent's assistant called Sarver and said he wasn't meeting him. Kept trying, Joe finally called and said, "I want to play in Atlanta."

- Once he heard the offer from Atlanta, yes there were questions, but the decision was that they were going to match. Just trying to get confirmation from Joe that he wanted to stay with Phoenix. Once he talked with Joe, and Joe said what he did, that's when the hesitancy came.

- No response from Joe's agent from the 6 year $75 million dollar offer.

- Not trying to throw Joe under the bus. He's worked his tail off and deserves whatever he wants. BUT, at the end of the day, after talking with him for 25 minutes, (spent 2 minutes of that time talking about his frustration with not immediately getting an offer from us). After talking, Robert said, "We know you're offer, are you telling me you don't want us to match it?" Joe's answer was "Don't match."

- Thought of "It's all business" came across, Told him, if he signs an offer sheet with Atlanta, we'd match it because it's our right as he's restricted. So, Joe better get his agent on the horn with Atlanta and work out a fair deal if he really wants to go to Atlanta.

- WE WILL MATCH JOE'S OFFER IF THE TRADE FALLS THROUGH. WE WILL NOT LOSE JOE WITHOUT COMPENSATION.

- Sounds like if we match, ticket prices are going to rise to help cover costs. Lower prices right now than Clippers.

- With the contract being front loaded, can't really trade him after 1 year if things actually don't work.

- Honestly thinks that Joe is just getting bad advice (buddies, friends, agents, advisors). ...He also thinks he's only 22 (sic) and that he's immature and not making good decisions.

- Spent $10,000 making a book (Like we did with Nash) showing Joe's future with the Suns (ring of honor, etc). Made donations to Joe's camps. Did everything to try and make Joe feel wanted here.

- Feels good about our team with or without Joe for the next 3-5 years. Amare Stoudemire is our future.

- WE WILL LOCK UP AMARE. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. PLENTY OF CONVERSATIONS WITH AMARE. HE LOVES IT HERE. LOVES PLAYING WITH NASH AND SHAWN. AMARE IS DOING 2 A DAY WORK OUTS ON HIS OWN RIGHT NOW. AMARE'S A MAN ON A MISSION TO WIN A TITLE...WITH OR WITHOUT JOE.

- Told Joe, "If you don't come back to Phoenix, my wife will kill me, my kids will be bawling, the fans will kill me. Are you telling me you don't want to win a championship?" "More important to be happy"

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sarver seemed extremely honest. Basically after that interview, I say screw Blow Johnson, they did almost everything they could just to meet with him, and he wouldn't even listen.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was a great interview. Sarver confirmed everything that I thought was true. And Joe Johnson is a freaking loser.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
WOW, I don't think I have ever heard someone be so candid in his comments in a public forum. Great Interview.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I wonder if Joe's thing is that he wants that big $20 million check NOW?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan