Sarver on 910 at 5:00Pm

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's going to be on the show (hopefully there won't be too many powder puff questions).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
He's going to be on the show (hopefully there won't be too many powder puff questions).
He answered all the questions addressed to him during the press conference and he didn't give fluff answers. I think interviewers can sense people they can ask questions to, and those that they can't. I bet he gets some good questions. Is 910 on the internet? If so, can I get a link? :D

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know of any links (although, I don't know that there AREN'T any links either). :shrug:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I hope people don't try to blast him. JJ is being overpaid and the Suns are doing the right thing.

sunsfn

Reaction score
JPlay said:
I hope people don't try to blast him. JJ is being overpaid and the Suns are doing the right thing.

Give me a break, they have a right to blast him, I think he is more at fault here than JJ.
This team "had" a chance to win a championship this coming season with the off season trades and free agent signings and resigning JJ. I do not think they can now without JJ.
The new players will take a time to work together and that always causes problems especially in the playoffs.

Sarver should have signed JJ and went for it this year, then worked out a trade if he could not handle the money situation. JJ fits this team needs like a glove and they are not going to find anyone like that this year.

The suns are going to make a ton of money this year, and can pay these salaries.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Can someone in Phx (im in St Louis right now) call the show and ask the following: (assuming its a call in format show)

if the deal w/ AtL falls through, will the Suns continue to try to retain Johnson, or has his comments burnt all bridges.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
My prediction

Sarver: "Well Amare is not exactly what I wuld call a max player and he told me he hates the fans especially the one listening right now." So we are probably not going to sign him. we would but since he hates you I am going to take a stand."

Fans: OMG Amare totally is a product of Nash let's trade him for a proven player like ZAZA!!

fordronken

Reaction score
I just started listening to the show now. They really don't know what the hell they're talking about.

They were talking about Van Exel for the million dollar exception, and a caller asked about the Van Exel/McDysse issue creating bad blood with Phoenix. They were genuinely surprised, then said "Oh yeah! That's a great point. And I'll say one other thing. If D'Antoni was the coach back then of the Nuggets, did he and Van Exel butt heads?"

I understand radio is difficult and that you really have to just be constantly talking, but still. It's a little excessive.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
My prediction

Sarver: "Well Amare is not exactly what I wuld call a max player and he told me he hates the fans especially the one listening right now." So we are probably not going to sign him. we would but since he hates you I am going to take a stand."

Fans: OMG Amare totally is a product of Nash let's trade him for a proven player like ZAZA!!

Give it up already. :rolleyes:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Someone needs to ask about the Hawks management suing each other maybe changing the dynamic with JJ, his agent, and the Suns. Has there been any contact between the Suns and the JJ camp lately? :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's another wrinkle in the whole thing...

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=487&threadID=2163396&lastPostID=12513883

ESPN board, so it's just rumor although they do quote a radio station... which means it probably still is a rumor...

They said Sarver has demanded Childress if the Hawks don't want to give up the picks. So it would be Diaw and Childress for JJ. I'd go for that, but it doesn't seem realistic at all.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Here's another wrinkle in the whole thing...

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=487&threadID=2163396&lastPostID=12513883

ESPN board, so it's just rumor although they do quote a radio station... which means it probably still is a rumor...

They said Sarver has demanded Childress if the Hawks don't want to give up the picks. So it would be Diaw and Childress for JJ. I'd go for that, but it doesn't seem realistic at all.

now that might be a good trade........

OP
OP
ActingWild

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Someone needs to ask about the Hawks management suing each other maybe changing the dynamic with JJ, his agent, and the Suns. Has there been any contact between the Suns and the JJ camp lately? :shrug:

Agreed. With all that's going on, and as fragile as Joe's psyche seems to be, perhaps (if things have truly gone down as Sarver says), Joe will be much "happier" playing here now.

I know I'd be having a LOT of hesitations committing my carreer to an employer that doesn't even know if they want me.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I'd rather have the picks than Childress. He's an alright player, but the picks would benefit our team more than he would. Like everyone has said (about keeping Marion over JJ) that Sg's are easier to come by then big guys, therefore the picks could benefit us with big guys.