Schefter (and others) on Von Miller

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cbus, comparing the 2 is like comparing Lamar Woodley to DWash bodywise IMO
those are the 2 worst photos to make a comparison..so houston will be a better player then miller because he has a thicker ass ahahah and then houston first step is better then miller ..that is hilarious

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
those are the 2 worst photos to make a comparison..so houston will be a better player then miller because he has a thicker ass ahahah and then houston first step is better then miller ..that is hilarious

IMO Houston will be the better 3-4 OLB. The majority of great 3-4 OLB have a good base below...legs not ass. You like vanilla, I like chocolate. IMO this D will get crushed with the run game if we add Miller to the roster. Look at the sizes of LB in the great 3-4 D's.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score

You'd actually be surprised how accurate that statement is. (No Homo)

And Miller is faster off the ball, but Houston's no slouch.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Houston will be the better 3-4 OLB. The majority of great 3-4 OLB have a good base below...legs not ass. You like vanilla, I like chocolate. IMO this D will get crushed with the run game if we add Miller to the roster. Look at the sizes of LB in the great 3-4 D's.

people are too much focus in the best perfect size..i think a player has to be judge about his plays..and if we have to put miller vs houston about how they played and talent,sorry there is no competition..anyway when the season will start miller will be 250..

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
people are too much focus in the best perfect size..i think a player has to be judge about his plays..and if we have to put miller vs houston about how they played and talent,sorry there is no competition..anyway when the season will start miller will be 250..

I keep hearing that he'll get his weight up, but by all accounts he's pretty much maxed out without slowing himself down. I also wouldn't say that Miller is head and shoulders above Houston when all things considered, Houston didn't just make plays in the passing game.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Compare the Stealers, Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs, Pack, Cowboys, Niners, NE defensive to our Redbirds. Look at the OLB's build compared to ours & you will see the differance. Notice a differance in our D since a bigger Berry or Chike left?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would have a hard time complaining about the Cardinals taking the best and most experienced stand up pass rusher in the draft at #5. Yes Miller has size concerns that make him questionable at number 5, but if we are looking for the best pass rusher out of a two point stance who also has the most experience of the pass rushers rushing from that position, Von Miller might be that guy.

Two more things...

It is easier to develop a player into a better run defender than it is to develop a player into a better pass rusher.

You can't teach speed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would have a hard time complaining about the Cardinals taking the best and most experienced stand up pass rusher in the draft at #5. Yes Miller has size concerns that make him questionable at number 5, but if we are looking for the best pass rusher out of a two point stance who also has the most experience of the pass rushers rushing from that position, Von Miller might be that guy.

Two more things...

It is easier to develop a player into a better run defender than it is to develop a player into a better pass rusher.

You can't teach speed.
yes you right..the size concern are just because is like 10 lb less from the average size of olb in 3-4 defense???

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
yes you right..the size concern are just because is like 10 lb less from the average size of olb in 3-4 defense???

The concerns are because his only way to get to the QB is a speed rush to the outside. If he showed me a bull rush or even a spin move, my worry about his weight would be gone.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The concerns are because his only way to get to the QB is a speed rush to the outside. If he showed me a bull rush or even a spin move, my worry about his weight would be gone.

dont worry he does spin move.he is more complete player then any de/olb in this draft..anyway now are just wasted words,but you will see frow senior bowl even if i dont know how they will use him,because they play with 4/3 defense

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, that's not true. He often beats the blocker across his face because he can cut and change direction so quickly.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
dont worry he does spin move.he is more complete player then any de/olb in this draft..anyway now are just wasted words,but you will see frow senior bowl even if i dont know how they will use him,because they play with 4/3 defense

Do you have a video of him using a spin move? If you do I'd happily revise my opinion of him.

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
I just can't see Miller getting past Arizona. The only thing that's making me doubt myself on that right now is that alot of the great 3-4 defenses (i.e. Steelers) don't spend first round draft choices on outside linebackers.

OP
OP

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I just can't see Miller getting past Arizona. The only thing that's making me doubt myself on that right now is that alot of the great 3-4 defenses (i.e. Steelers) don't spend first round draft choices on outside linebackers.

They are also great at finding olb talent outside of the first round. After the Cody Brown experiment I would rather go after one of the elite draft prospects.

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
They are also great at finding olb talent outside of the first round. After the Cody Brown experiment I would rather go after one of the elite draft prospects.

Yea, I just don't see how they can pass on Miller at #5. I know it's early, but I can't see him getting past the 49ers if the Cards pass.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Steelers have spent 1st rd picks on LB's in the past but you are correct that they find a LOT of them in the later rounds. They won't have that luxury anymore since about half the league is running a 3-4 so those tweeners will be snapped up quicker now.

OP
OP

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Yea, I just don't see how they can pass on Miller at #5. I know it's early, but I can't see him getting past the 49ers if the Cards pass.

I can see him dropping past us if Robert Quinn is still on the board, which he should be. I would much rather take Quinn, he's already built and has more pass rush moves developed than Miller at this point. The obvious advantages with Miller is that he already plays the position and is apparently very adapt at dropping into coverage. It will be interesting come draft time, I am fairly confident the team will be picking between Quinn and VM.

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
The Steelers have spent 1st rd picks on LB's in the past but you are correct that they find a LOT of them in the later rounds. They won't have that luxury anymore since about half the league is running a 3-4 so those tweeners will be snapped up quicker now.

The last time the Steelers took an outside linebacker in the first round was 1991.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can just see the Cards using the 5th pick in the draft on Levar Fisher Jr.

Why would you take Miller at #5 when you can get guys just as good in round 2 or 3? We already have a guy like Miller in Scofield. It would be insane to take Miller that high in our situation. All the more reason of course to think the Cards would do it.

Miller will likely be a good player in the NFL but I just don't think he is worth the #5 pick in the draft to the Cards.

What is really sad is that we have Joey Porter as our starting pass rushing OLB. A guy with almost 100 sacks in his career, and a good looking kid in Scofield behind Porter, and we are talking about having to use the $5 pick in the upcoming draft to replace them. :(

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
I can see him dropping past us if Robert Quinn is still on the board, which he should be. I would much rather take Quinn, he's already built and has more pass rush moves developed than Miller at this point. The obvious advantages with Miller is that he already plays the position and is apparently very adapt at dropping into coverage. It will be interesting come draft time, I am fairly confident the team will be picking between Quinn and VM.

Well I'll agree with you that Quinn is a viable option. He was ultraproductive in 2009 and he's likely to blow up at the combine.

However, I'm not sure what you mean when you say he is further along than Miller. Miller had 26.5 sacks over the past couple years.

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score

Why would you take Miller at #5 when you can get guys just as good in round 2 or 3? We already have a guy like Miller in Scofield. It would be insane to take Miller that high in our situation. All the more reason of course to think the Cards would do it.

Miller will likely be a good player in the NFL but I just don't think he is worth the #5 pick in the draft to the Cards.

What is really sad is that we have Joey Porter as our starting pass rushing OLB. A guy with almost 100 sacks in his career, and a good looking kid in Scofield behind Porter, and we are talking about having to use the $5 pick in the upcoming draft to replace them. :(

That's fair. Scofield was a likely second round pick before his injury at the Senior Bowl last year.

OP
OP

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Well I'll agree with you that Quinn is a viable option. He was ultraproductive in 2009 and he's likely to blow up at the combine.

However, I'm not sure what you mean when you say he is further along than Miller. Miller had 26.5 sacks over the past couple years.

I mean that his variety of pass rush moves is more developed than Miller's, who really just has a speed rush and that's about it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

While I understand your concern over Von Miller's size and that you like the potential of Schofield, I really feel like you can't have enough pass rusher's on the roster. I personally would love to see the Cardinals take Patrick Peterson, but if they want to ensure that they can generate a pass rush next year by drafting the best stand up rusher in the draft, I have a hard time faulting them.

I may think that #5 might be a reach for Von, but if we love him at 10 is it really that much of a reach?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Draft Fairly, Bowers, Gabbert, Peterson or Dareus. Get the closest thing to "sure things". Then draft LBs for the rest of the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05