Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MVP goes to the entire pitching staff. Props to Shea and Kata. Maybe this will get the team going. I won't be able to post tomorrow because I will be at the game but keep this thread going.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
MVP goes to the entire pitching staff. Props to Shea and Kata. Maybe this will get the team going.

Agree 100% props to the entire pitching staff!! :D :thumbup:

I won't be able to post tomorrow because I will be at the game but keep this thread going.

Although I'm not sure what will go on tomorrow, if I'm home I ceratinly will! :D

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back home from the game... All I can say is that I'm proud on how Hillenbrand redeemed himself w/that game-breaking hit.... Also, to serve notice to Jim Tracy and other ML managers that you can't always intentionally-walk or pitch-around Gonzo to get to Shea, that he's a force himself.... He just must do it on a more consistent basis.....

The bullpen was sharp, especially Valverde, Villarreal, and Mantei.... Just hope Brenly doesn't over-extend Oscar beyond what is necessary, somewhat reminds me of the abuse that the Tigers inflicted on a promising rookie reliever (Sean Runyan) back in '98 when he made 88 appearances and only pitched in 15 games (spanning 2-yrs) after that.....

The game was only 4 hrs and 10 mins, not bad for 15-inning game... Just realized that the Dodgers only managed 3-hits (all off Randy) and 5-walks off of the Dback pitchers.... And the defense made excellent plays when they needed them the most... As I was leaving the stadium, I heard some ask his friend if the pitchers were that good, or was the offense that horrible.. The Dbacks did total 12-hits, but again the lack of speed on the base-paths and inability to execute "small-ball" cost them most of those opportunities..... I just hope its Garagiola Jr top priority to pursue a 'legit lead-off hitter between now and before Spring Training of '04.....

A lot left the game after the final out of the 9th inning and when the Dbacks squandered some chances in "extra frames", people would gradually leave in "droves".... In my section, there were lots of Dodger faithful, sometimes drowning out the Dback fans, but I must comment that most were civil and were "good sports" about their team's fate.....

As you may or may not know, I moved from Detroit back in May of '02 and am still loyal to the Tigers, but I've been following the Dbacks since the inception of the franchise (even around the time they initially named Buck Showalter as their first manager) and was rooting for them against the Yankees... Have enjoyed watching Gonzo even before his one-yr in Detroit and always followed Finley, Grace, and Johnson...... Regardless on the final outcome of this season, we should never forget how the Dbacks persevered and defied the odds and also realize that the long-term future is soo bright, that we got to wear shades, even if its sunglasses at night......

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
I hope our bullpen isn't worn out after last night's marathon. Especially with Dessens pitching today. We all know he'll be done by the 6th inning.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sad when your pitcher is doing better at the plate than your leadoff man......

Anyways - I am out for the day.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil Ash
Dessens continues to pitch well...

Figures ... the next inning after I said this The Dodgers load the bases with only 1 out. Dessens pitches out of it and after 6.5 innings D-backs lead 1-0!

Now get some insurance runs!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Dessens is pulled ... good move, he pitched 7 fantastic innings!!
Now Oropesa is in and can't find the strike zone ... UGH!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Well leave it to our bullpen to make things exciting! The Dodgers load the bases ... but get out of it! D-backs still lead 1-0 (Zona90, you're going to have to post about the play by Counsell ... since unfortunatley I couldn't see it)!

Now lets get some insurance runs!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil Ash
Zona90, you're going to have to post about the play by Counsell ... since unfortunatley I couldn't see it!

Just saw the play on the gamebreak for Fox ... that was one heck of a play!:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake