Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-backs win again ... 1-0! Dessens get a much deserved victory! Thank God we are playing that is as inept offensively as us!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank God we're playing the Dodgers - that's alright - let the bats snooze now and keep the runs for when we really need them!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The game's MVP without a shadow of a doubt was Elmer Dessens for what he did pitching and with the bat (go figure)! Honorable mention goes to Counsell (for what may have been a game saving defensive play) and the bullpen (even though they did make it exciting ... they did get the job done)!

WHEW!! :cool:

Now lets get a win tomorrow!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home from the game. It was a great pitcher's game. MVP goes to Dessens. He pitched a exremely well game.

I would also like to say I would prefer Kata at third instead of Counsell with Cintron at short and Junior at second. I don't know if Counsell is hurt but his hitting has been atrocious since his return. He did make a very nice play on that foul ball but this team needs guys who can get the runs in when the opportunity presents itself.

Kata was robbed of an rbi when Burnitz made a great catch. Another reason I like Kata is because he is a switch hitter.

Curt goes to the mound tomorrow and he has not lost to the Dodgers since 1997. He is something like 9-0 since his last lost to them.

By the way, the Phillies are losing 5-2 in the bottom of the 8th. The Diamondbacks could be 2 games behind the wild card in less than 30 minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what boggles my mind - save a 12 game streak before the break - this team has been awful to mediocre all season AND WE ARE JUST TWO BACK! The cream rises to the top fellas - and once we get into the playoffs, we'll see how Moises' skirts up in Frisco do against the defending World Series Champs(I'm still in denial last year - we were decimated with too many injuries to honestly have defended our title) Go get 'em tomorrow Curt and keep the winning going.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I was on-line for all the scoring :)
Great game by Dessens!!

Now it is up to Curt!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
I not quite sure of what you speak.

I'm talking about Alou's little girls who couldn't hold a five run lead in the seventh inning to win the World Series last year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you mean Felipe Alou.

Wasn't Dusty Baket the manager of the Giants last year?

Yah - Felipe! And I know Baker was the manager, I just really don't care for the Giants.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I'm sick but that won't stop me from posting. Curt's fastball looks better. It was clocked at 95. Good first inning for Curt.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Well, I'm sick but that won't stop me from posting. Curt's fastball looks better. It was clocked at 95. Good first inning for Curt.

Sorry to hear that you are ill....

Hopefully the Dbacks bats are not today!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What were they saying about Curt and Chad? Did they have a disagreement? Barajas is now Curt's catcher.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nomo threw a lot of pitches that inning.

Only good thing about that. Again, RISP with less than two outs, zero runs. And Burnitz starts second off with double.

Nomo threw 19 pitches - Schilling threw 17 in the first.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Phillies lost again to the Marlins, 7-6. A win today and the Diamondbacks are only one out.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Phillies lost again to the Marlins, 7-6. A win today and the Diamondbacks are only one out.

This worries me, actually.

The D'Backs are only one game ahead of the Marlins. And, unlike the Dodgers, the Marlins can actually score some runs.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wednesday's pitchers are Johnson and Willis. I would have LOVED to see Webb pitch against Willis.

All this team needs is a spark on the offense

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Wednesday's pitchers are Johnson and Willis. I would have LOVED to see Webb pitch against Willis.

All this team needs is a spark on the offense

Would have loved that match up as well. Nothing like a little head to head compition for the ROY award.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Willis is on the cover of the current ESPN Magazine.

Webb has better statistics, why is Willis getting all the press?? Its because Webb is a white guy...the man always trying to keep our people down :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake