Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to be patient guys. That was a very fast inning. Geez!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on the D-Backs board, but I watch them all the time. After watching them this week, what comes to my mind is:

"Cause of death: a million paper cuts."

Excrutiating.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tonight's game proved Bob Brenly sucks as a manager. This team misses Melvin. He was the one who made all the moves the past years, not Brenly.

I still believe in this team but geez can someone play fundamental baseball? When you have a runner on third hit a flyball. Don't ground weakly to short or strikeout.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
15 hits
THREE runs
26 LOB

Pathetic.

Watching the 14th inning was painful, especially Hillenbrand hacking away at a terrible pitch for strike three, and Finley (ONCE AGAIN) swinging at anything thrown as a first pitch!! If we are going to field a team of hackers, bring up the youngsters to hack away - I don't know what has happened since the All-Star break, but our offense is simply awful! BB made some bad bullpen moves tonight, but pitching is the one thing we CAN count on right now!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
When you have a runner on third hit a flyball. Don't ground weakly to short or strikeout.

And how is this Brenly's fault? Seriously it's easy to blame Brenly. But let's forget about all the runners left on base, the mental errors by the players. Brenly is a good manager, but when his team blows there isn't much he can do.

adam

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
And how is this Brenly's fault? Seriously it's easy to blame Brenly. But let's forget about all the runners left on base, the mental errors by the players. Brenly is a good manager, but when his team blows there isn't much he can do.

adam

Why did Brenly pitch Mantei in a tie game? How come he did not bring in Oropesa against O'Leary? He just makes dumb moves. He does not make smart decisions when it comes to the bullpen.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why did Brenly pitch Mantei in a tie game? How come he did not bring in Oropesa against O'Leary? He just makes dumb moves. He does not make smart decisions when it comes to the bullpen.

Valverde in the 8th and then Mantei in the 9th. I think Brebley was just praying for the D'Backs to somehow push a run accross and get the win.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dellucci is 3 for 3 so far tonight in his second start with the Yankees

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Dellucci is 3 for 3 so far tonight in his second start with the Yankees

Actually make that 2 for 2 with 2 runs scored

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This what Dellucci said after getting traded to the Yankees.

"I had an opportunity to play there as an opposing player, and now I get to be on the good guys' side," Dellucci said. "I'm happy about that. That stadium symbolizes baseball."

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me it looks like the players don't care.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzo goes deep to tie it at 1. Maybe this will get him going.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Junior with a homer. If he and Gonzo cabn get it going maybe the others will follow. 2-1 Diamondbacks.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Mondesi may not be the Dbacks savior but that 9th inning at bat he had today was HUGE. He must of fouled off 8 pitches down 2 strikes before he hit the go ahead double.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mpndesi will help the other players see better hitters. I think they should bat him 5th with Shea batting sixth. It will be nice if Junior and Gonzo can get things going. Also, with a long homestand coming up Finley should hit better also.

Finally, the Phillies lost the first game of their doubleheader with the Padres.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys think Kata will be in Brenly's doghouse for a while?

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Do you guys think Kata will be in Brenly's doghouse for a while?

I was only able to follow the game bit by bit online today - what did Kata do to merit the doghouse??

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On Friday's game he hit a bloop single to lead off I think the 9th inning but he did not run at first. Then he jogged to first and if he would of been hustling at contact he would of been on second instead of first. The Diamondbacks got two more hits that inning but did not score. They said Brenly was very upset with the lack of hustle.