Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, game over. Cubs win 4-1. Need to take the next rwo to take the series.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smolder
oh, god, no, not alex the rally killer.

What are you talking about? Alex has been their best hitter the last 2-3 weeks. Cintron is one of their best hitters with runners in scoring position.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Zambrano got screwed....

So did Kata in the 6th - replays showed he beat the throw, much like Hillenbrand was out in the 8th....like I said, it had to be a make-up call.

Smolder, I disagree with your Cubs/D'Backs assessment - this D'Backs team doesn't break anybody's heart, it simply takes the heart out and stomps on it!! I'll always root for them until the end, but it looks like a bitter end right now, unless we find any consistency in the offense!

njlawrence

RIP, Jim
Reaction score
Agree with you Indy. Don't know the stats, but it seems every time we have a big hits game, we follow with a low hitting game. I'm starting to believe this is a leadership issue. I don't place all of that at the feet of BB. Who are the informal leaders on the bench?? Where are the fiery, get mad, intense, stay mad, stay intense veterans?? Gonzo's too nice; Gracie's too has-been; Mondesi's too new and too scoreless with men on base; Finley's too laid-back. To wit, the talent is there, but the chemistry is not.

I too, will be with them until the final game, but I haven't seen the consistency that would suggest that this team is play-off calibre.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
What are you talking about? Alex has been their best hitter the last 2-3 weeks. Cintron is one of their best hitters with runners in scoring position.

really? i was under the impression he strikes out every time there's someone in scoring position. must be coincidence that he's the guy i always see.

anyway, i feel really bad for our pitching. we looked real good at the start of the season, now it's a mess. sorry guys, it's just really hard for me to stay positive. i've been cheering this team since opening day, even through the matbatross days, but i've just about had it. there's just no room for improvement with these guys...they look hopeless out there.:(

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by njlawrence
Agree with you Indy. Don't know the stats, but it seems every time we have a big hits game, we follow with a low hitting game. I'm starting to believe this is a leadership issue. I don't place all of that at the feet of BB. Who are the informal leaders on the bench?? Where are the fiery, get mad, intense, stay mad, stay intense veterans?? Gonzo's too nice; Gracie's too has-been; Mondesi's too new and too scoreless with men on base; Finley's too laid-back. To wit, the talent is there, but the chemistry is not.

I too, will be with them until the final game, but I haven't seen the consistency that would suggest that this team is play-off calibre.

This is the problem.

Difussion of Responsibility

There is no leader on this club. What the Dbacks need is someone to take charge.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smolder
really? i was under the impression he strikes out every time there's someone in scoring position. must be coincidence that he's the guy i always see.

anyway, i feel really bad for our pitching. we looked real good at the start of the season, now it's a mess. sorry guys, it's just really hard for me to stay positive. i've been cheering this team since opening day, even through the matbatross days, but i've just about had it. there's just no room for improvement with these guys...they look hopeless out there.:(

You must be thinking of someone else because Cintron does not strikeout much. Cintron is not to blame when it comes to the hitting woes. Here are the stats:
http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ari/stats/ari_sortable_player_stats.jsp

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Phillies lose 5-3 so they need to win this game. 1-0 Diamondbacks as Cintron scores stealing second and then advances all the way home on an error.

Spivey is on third and Shea on first and no outs. Need more runs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hammock crushes a curveball for a double and brings home 2. 3-0 Diamondbacks.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-0 Diamondbacks after five. Let's hope they can continue this hitting for the next 6 weeks. The young guys are getting it done. Cintron, Hammock, Spivey and Kata are all contributing big.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bautista hits a 3-run home run and it is now 13-2.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 13-2. MVP goes to every hitter that got a hit.
Also, the Phillies and Marlins lost.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
man, i now officially have my foot, sock and all, in my mouth. i'm sorry i mouthed off at the team. it's just real frustrating sometimes, you know? i can only wish for the nth time, that this is the start of something big...

unfortunately, the recent trend is that it's more likely we'll get shut out of the next game. and since we put up an especially nasty pounding of the cubs, maybe it'll be a perfect game against us? i hope not...

break the jinx, dbacks!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's take the series today. The Phillies are losing to the Cardinals 2-0 in the top of the 8th.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Walk to Gonzo and Mondesi brings him in with a double. 1-0 Diamondbacks. I like this line-up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow! Webb gets a line drive off his arm, loads the bases with no outs and gets out of it without giving up a run.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cubs load the bases again and can only score 1 run. 1-1 bottom of the third.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team is driving me crazy. They just don't have any fire it semes game in and game out and that's just pathetic. This is a horrible series loss - i'm pissed - still 2.5 out, but times running out and our homestand is gonn aget tough at the end of this week - hell every game is tough with this shamble of an offense and piss poor defense. Gotta sweep the Pads and take 3 of 4 from the Ginats to have shot. So frustrating.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake