Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think that Brandon Webb is the best prospect to ever come out of the D'backs organization

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice to see new faces posting on this thread. It would be great if we can get a lot more posting during the games. The more the better. By the way, I think Shea will play first against lefties and then Hammock will play third.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Gosling? I thought he was ranked as having the best arm in the farm system.....

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gosling started in Tucson this year and struggled at first. He did pitch a very good game last week. I think he is one year away.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the info on Gosling....

Also, I appreciate the welcome.... I'm a transplant from Metro-Detroit and am still loyal to the Tigers, however, am also a major fan of the Dbacks..... I'm definitely rooting for the Dbacks during this series since they're still in contention and obviously the wins/losses don't matter to the Tigers at this time, just moral victories are in essence to them at this time...

This is definitely an excellent site/forum and I look forward to post on all the AZ/Phoenix teams.... Sorry for my babbling...HAHA

I guess I owe everyone a free lunch or something, eh? :D

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff Brantley on Baseball Tonight just picked the Diamondbacks to win the NL West and so did Tim Kirksian(sp?).

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Womack has a sprained left-knee and is being flown back to Phoenix.....

ESPN actually supports team that's not from NY, Boston, or CA?Wow, that would be on Ripleys Believe It Or Not....

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Jeff Brantley on Baseball Tonight just picked the Diamondbacks to win the NL West and so did Tim Kirksian(sp?).

My oh my, how quickly they jump on the bandwagon! Wasn't this the same group that thought the D-backs were done about a month ago??

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes! Ten straight wins, a team record. Also, the Diamondbacks win another series. let's get the sweep tomorrow. MVP's are Webb and Gonzo.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
I guess I owe everyone a free lunch or something, eh? :D

Ahh, yove been to the Card's board.

I don't think I asked for anything there, so...

I'll take a buffet at Jewel of The Crown (great Indian restaraunt)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Glad some of the nationals are recognizing us...

This is absolutely unbelievable considering we are missing Counsell, Spivey, and of course Curt and RJ...

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever Counsell or Spivey is reactivated, the odd man out is obviously Hammock.... I wouldnt be surprised if the Dbacks explore the possibility of packaging either Moeller or Barajas and keep Hammock on the roster and platoon him at catcher and also have him still play 3B, RF, and 1B....

Lots of teams are pursuing younger catchers and I honestly dont know how much of a redeemable value Moeller and Barajas would generate in a trade, but I wouldnt be shocked if either one is put on the trading block soon....

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tim Kirksian(sp?) on ESPN this morning said the Diamondbacks are going to beat the A's in this year's World Series. Tim said before the season began he had the Diamondbacks playing the A's and he is not changing his mind.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Tiger pitcher today throws a lot balls. He has more walks than strikeouts so the guys need to be patient.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crap, home run Detroit and it's 2-0 Tigers in the first. They were down 2-0 on Friday so they can do it.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hammock breaks the scoring drought and gets a rbi single. Grace is really struggling. He pops up with a man on third and only one out. 4-1 going to the bottom of the 4th. By the way, the Tiger's pitcher kind of looks like Uncle Fester of the Addams Family.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What in the world is Hammock doing? Stealing with one out and a runner on third. Dumb! Now Grace weakly flys out. A wasted inning.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Down 3-1 in the top of the 7th and Barajas starts it off with a double. Let's get the rally going!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finley baby!!! Homerun and it's now tied at 3.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Batista pitched another good game and Oropesa sets the side down 1,2 and 3 in the 8th.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We go extra innings. Let's get to their bullpen.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Home run Hammock!!! You got to believe!!!5-3 Diamondbacks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake