Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Matrix31

Rookie
Reaction score
I think that there is no way Womack, Mantei and Myers get you anything close to Guerrero. Miguel Cabrera is having a solid year at SS and is young. IT would take a lot to get Guerrero and I dont think it is worth what we would have to give to get him. I say we play out what we have, we are getting a lot of very good players back soon. Right now, i would be reluctant to insert some of the players we are getting back into the lineup with the way we are playing. As Crash says to Nuke in Bull Durahm, "You don't F*ck with a streak." This even applies after we lose a game or two, we are playing very well.

Reaction score
how about you also sweeten the Pot with Bautista. I know you are probably right and the Expos would not bite, but it could never hurt. Plus Vladi is not helping them at all durring the playoff race.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know how severe the weather is in Detroit and if they're expecting to get this one in?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Clevalnd and there is not a cloud in the sky with no rain in the next week forcast, but they did have a delay in Chicago that lasted about 45 minutes. So who knows

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kata keeps hitting with a double in the first. He gets to third but should of been called out for running on the grass. Gonzo up with first and third and only one out. Need to get him home.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, double play. Let's hope things turn better.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Webb pitches a perfect first inning. Let's hope the guys can get him some run support.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is a crazy idea, since Cintron will play everyday no matter waht when some of the other guys come back, why don't they send Overbay down and put Hillenbrend at first, Kata at second, Cintron at SS and Consoul at third and use Spivey and Womack at platoon guys. Woamck can even play right every once in a while. Overbay still has some options left and is not impressing anyone.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is everyone down on Spivey? Before he got hurt he was one of the hottest hitters. I like Kata but he does not start ahead of Junior when he comes back. Junior was leading the team in fielding percentage, he had zero errors. Unfortunately, there are going to be many of these young guys being sent back to Tucson. I think Patterson, Kata(or Hammock), Good will be the ones sent back down. Maybe they could put a veteran or two on the DL also.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
regaurdless of who plays between Kata and Spivey, I would rather see Overbay go down over Kata.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lyle has done a very good job and I can't see them sending him down. I wonder if Chad Tracy will be learning how to play right field because this guy is a better hitter than Kata and Hammock.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks got lucky on that call at second because he sured did look safe. Webb got out of the jam, nice pitching.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by the way, if webb pitches 10 inning tonight, he will be eligble for the ERA leader with his era would put him 3rd with his era right now, but if it is a shutout he would be in first. so realisticly with 2 8 inning outing with this games and next he will qualify, which I think will put him in the allstar games.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Alex! Great to hear Rod Allen again. Keep him in the booth because he is good luck!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can not wait to see Cintron play a whole season and see what kind of numers he can put up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzo with 2 rbi's. 3-0 Diamondbacks! Keep Rod in the booth!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Webb is looking sharp. What I like is that he is getting many groundball outs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another injured player. Poor Tony, it looks bad. When you're dealing with a knee it is never good. Tony has been playing well of late.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Another injured player. Poor Tony, it looks bad. When you're dealing with a knee it is never good. Tony has been playing well of late.

Yeah no kidding! When he's not even able to put weight on it you know that it probably is not a good sign! :( :(

This does solve how we are going to get one of our injured players off of the DL. Unfortunately this is not they way they wanted to solve that problem!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am following the game on MLB.com, what happened to Wamack? They do not show or mention injuries.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Tigers sure look like the Bad News Bears tonight. How good of a pickup was Baerga? 5-0 lead for Webb.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Webb has trown 44 strikes compaired to 18 balls. That is awesome

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
The Tigers sure look like the Bad News Bears tonight. How good of a pickup was Baerga? 5-0 lead for Webb.

You know you shouldn't be so insulting...the way the Detroit Tigers are playing they would probably lose to the Bad News Bears! :D :D

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting here in the White mountains. Watching on DirecTV. Having a blast. 5-0, 7th inning. Amazing.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess the line-up (contingent on Womack's status) would be...

1) Cintron-SS
2) Kata-2B
3) Dellucci-CF
4) Gonzalez-LF
5) Hammock/Hilldebrand-3B
6)Overbay-1B
7) Finley-RF
8-Moeller/Barajas-C

That's obviously until Counsell and Spivey return back....