Senior Bowl

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Who was the last 195lb NFL running back? Man that dude looks small. How will he ever make it through a 16 game season against NFL defenders?

Maybe as a Dante Hall?

Well the first guy that comes to mind would be Barry Sanders who checked in at 5' 8" 200 lbs the exact same size as DW. Once again he weighs 10 lbs less than JJ. Woopty fricken doo. He isnt JJ. He is a guy who has a much better history at carrying the football then JJ ever had.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Chopper0080 said:
Some quick notes...

Hagan looks awful, can't catch anything. Quite a few drops by receivers.

There were suposedly a lot of drops by WR's and TE's...Peronally, I'd take a look at some of the running qb's, who aren't throwing very acurate passes(as the reason)...I know the best WR's shine no matter what, but I don't really like many of the qb's at this game/practices...How did Boldin do at this game/these practices?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion.

D'angelo Williams is a 5' 8' 205 # complete back. Really nice game, which means very little, but a great week with the coaching staff.

Greenway is a lock for top 8.

Cutler is for real, as is Whitehurst.

South squad needed a QB on it's roster.

Robinson is not an NFL QB

Shockley fell like a rock.

Sinorice Moss was a blur on the field and moved up.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Well the first guy that comes to mind would be Barry Sanders who checked in at 5' 8" 200 lbs the exact same size as DW. Once again he weighs 10 lbs less than JJ. Woopty fricken doo. He isnt JJ. He is a guy who has a much better history at carrying the football then JJ ever had.

Barry Sanders was unique. I saw Sanders play several times in college and I didn't see DW display the kind of incredible moves that Sanders had. In fact the only person I've seen in the 10 years prior to this season that had moves like Sanders was Marshall Faulk.

I'm not questioning Williams ability to run the football in college. Just that from the eyeball test he looks really small and I wonder how he will hold up when playing against NFL defenses.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The safety from LSU looked pretty good throughout the game with good balls skills and good hits. Always seemed to be around the ball.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
They can have him. Harrington and McCown, and they wonder why they dont have a good offense.

[quote FYI.....Detroit are VERY VERY interested in McCown, which would make more sense than Cutler. They already have an overhyped QB in Harrington to figure out what to do with.[/quote]

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game Observations

- I liked D Williams' decisiveness and explosive burst on that screen pass

- Nothing happened to dampen my excitement about all those offensive linemen (from Brick to Jean-Gilles to McNeal to Mangold etc.)

- The sack they awarded to Dvoracek should have been shared by Watson, who clobbered the QB at the same time (you could hear a pad shatter on that hit). Speaking of Watson, I had the feeling the commentators were evaluating NT's using the same criteria you use for one-gap DT's - and you can't do that.

- And speaking of evaluating linemen, the one thing Fox, ABC and CBS give you during regular season NFL games is a slo-mo of just about every play, with a telestrator to point out key blocks and line play. The ESPN game coverage yesterday, spent too much time interviewing people on the sideline and seldom if ever went to the slo-mo unless it involved a long gainer.

- Both Greenwood and Iwuh had big days (Iwuh is listed as a safety at many draft sites, but if he runs 4.65 as is expected, he'd be better suited for WILL backer.

- Mali has strong hands (and this strength-aspect should not be given short shrift). How many times have we seen a Cardinal lineman fail to bring down a runner or QB with one hand? One of Mali's sacks was via a one-hand grab.

- Signorice Moss was everything they said he'd be.

- If the Texas safety (Griffith) can run faster than 4.55, he'd be an interesting pickup as a large corner/FS - to provide depth for Rolle or to allow either Rolle or Griffith to eventually replace "our" Griffith at FS next to Adrian.

- What impressed me about Byrd was the way he could extend to grab balls thrown nearly too high or too wide for most TE's. That and his consistency catching passes. And if it's more of a blocker you want, Klopenstein looked terrific.

- There's no reason Cutler couldn't develop into a compact NFL QB in the same way Jeff Garcia did. But, just as Garcia, wasn't drafted very high, I don't think a team should risk a Top 10 pick on a guy who may eventually develop. (i.e. For every Garcia and Brady there are a dozen Druckenmillers or Saccas).

- Other than Williams (& maybe Harrison) none of the RB's excited me as much as Howard did in the East - West Shrine game.

- No big surprise that there was more to learn about these guys during the practices than there was during the game itself.