Shaq should send the Suns a rebate

OP
OP
R

rgangel27

Rookie
Reaction score
Sigh... Shaq is not the problem.

Shaq is not the main problem. His salary will be though. Im a Shaq fan but I am also going to be the first to say that if he really wants to get that 4th ,5th or 6th ring, he needs to help out with some problems that he knows the team is or going to be facing. The fault is not his this year but it will be next year. This season all eyes are on Kerr but the beginning of next season,Kerr would be sharing it with O'neal and DA.

Its not a question of,could it be done but more of , would Shaq care more about the money today or the legacy that he would leave behind for all the next generation to remember.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Larry Brown. You'll have to out bid the Mavs for him but he's your best bet.

The only good thing about Larry Brown is that Stern is on his nuts, which might help the Suns. Other than that he's an obnoxious piece of horse sperm.

If I hear his "win the right way" quote again I'm going to kick someone in the elbow. Kick 'em really hard.

SunAndDone

Reaction score
Larry Brown? Why?

So he can quit on you like he has every other team he's ever been a part of? Larry Brown is an cornholio and a quitter. You don't need that in Phoenix. The Suns need stability, Brown is the absolute worst person for that.

Easy now....you have me confused with a Suns fan. Larry Brown will make this team play defense. They can play offense all day long. Larry Brown's going to be the only coach available who actually has a Ring. So what if he quits ? Phoenix needs some tough love.

SunAndDone

Reaction score
Shaq needs to come off the bench. Run and Gun, get a lead and then slow it up and play D. Shawn Marion was a whining little girl but you can't argue with his numbers. He played D and rebounded and could shoot the 3.

Marion HAD to go but Shaq is not the answer. He's also not the problem. Phoenix needs more discipline and needs to play D. That whole "play the right way" was pretty annoying. My Spurs looked friggin good tonight but I doubt the baskets will come this easy in the coming rounds.

OP
OP
R

rgangel27

Rookie
Reaction score
did you miss the Hack-A-Shaq all game so the Spurs kept their double digit lead since the 1st quarter?

or all the pick and rolls with manu/parker abusing shaq?

or....

i could go on

They were just scoring and making stops. Phoenix isn't doing any. It has been the same way when Marion was still here when playing against the Spurs.

Arent you redlion from the miami heat board? I heven't visited the board lately. Ima go check it right now.

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm not. What the heck gave you that idea? Is he going around saying he is? My avatar should give away who I am over there.

and I guarantee Spurs aren't up 3-0 and about to Sweep 4-0 the Suns if Marion-Shaq trade was not done

OP
OP
R

rgangel27

Rookie
Reaction score
No, I'm not. What the heck gave you that idea? Is he going around saying he is? My avatar should give away who I am over there.

and I guarantee Spurs aren't up 3-0 and about to Sweep 4-0 the Suns if Marion-Shaq trade was not done

No ..its just because I remembered somebody in the boards a long time ago saying that you were Redlion...and I just wanted to say whats up....forget about it...My bad.
Your Wiley riley?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

we barely beat a parker-less Spurs team once and then lost to a Parker-less spurs team the other time we played them while we had Marion this year. Both incarnations of the Suns this year sucked. Anyone who's not a homer but is still a Suns recognizes this fact.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
all I can say is that I standby my opinion about marion and his importance to this team. it's unfortunate that he was public enemy number 1 due to that contract......when in reality he was the suns best defensive player and rebounder.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You can't guarantee that.
Funny. Shaq didn't lose this series. As a matter of fact, he has done exactly(if not more than) we asked of him when we brought him in.
****rolls downhill and D'Antoni has failed.This team's play is a product of it's head coach....anyone who's watched the SUNS closely over the last 5 yrs should be able to see that.
You began posting here after the trade(which is cool & makes sense) but you've not witnessed the D'Antoni era like i (and others have )....so please believe me when i tell you that this meltdown had everything to do with D'Antoni's philosophy rather than Shaq's 50% FT shooting or Marions 10 rbs per game, or Shaq's liability in the picknroll, or Marion's 2 steals per game etc.....

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can't guarantee that.
Funny. Shaq didn't lose this series. As a matter of fact, he has done exactly(if not more than) we asked of him when we brought him in.
****rolls downhill and D'Antoni has failed.This team's play is a product of it's head coach....anyone who's watched the SUNS closely over the last 5 yrs should be able to see that.

There's one guy at the peak of the mountain, above D'Antoni. Sarver is the root cause of the problems and D'A seems to amplify it. But I don't know that most coaches would get much more out of Diaw, Barbosa, and Stoudemire. I think they could do better in a more structured system, but I don't know what D'A is doing behind the scenes anyway. I just imagine this team being much better with Sloan as the coach.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq isn't the problem...yet.

He will be soon though. Cheese already thinks I'm crazy for saying it, but the meltdowns are happening sooner and sooner each time now. And his window is slamming shut. A bad start next year and the "injuries" will start popping up...then the mouth will start to run. Firing 'Antoni will only stave it off.

Hire Beetlejuice...at least Van Gundy could hold his respect for a few months...although he might go thermonuclear if VG doesn't take his stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He will be soon though. Cheese already thinks I'm crazy for saying it, but the meltdowns are happening sooner and sooner each time now. And his window is slamming shut. A bad start next year and the "injuries" will start popping up...then the mouth will start to run. Firing 'Antoni will only stave it off.

Hire Beetlejuice...at least Van Gundy could hold his respect for a few months...although he might go thermonuclear if VG doesn't take his stuff.

i think he'll be so old and finished by the time he'd usually start kicking in that it just won't happen. I don't see it happening next year unless we trade Steve Nash or completely blow up the team. And by the next year, it could happen, but i'll be surprised if it happens next year.

OP
OP
R

rgangel27

Rookie
Reaction score

:biglaugh: beetle juice...LOL!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think he'll be so old and finished by the time he'd usually start kicking in that it just won't happen. I don't see it happening next year unless we trade Steve Nash or completely blow up the team. And by the next year, it could happen, but i'll be surprised if it happens next year.

All we can do is sit back and watch. I'm expecting some sparks to fly.

If 'Antoni is fired, I am positive Shaq will have something special to say about it.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree.
What do you think it would take for Shaq to retire? Serious question before you laugh your ass off.

cly2tw

Reaction score

I share your rationale but disagree on the trading Nash part. Shaq-Nash is simply the free lunch for the elite p-n-r offense to pick apart. So, shipping Nash may actually increase our chance of winning if we get proper compensation. For example, Nash/LB for Iggy/Miller might make the team better.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I agree.
What do you think it would take for Shaq to retire? Serious question before you laugh your ass off.

His salary would still count against the cap even if he retired, I believe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I share your rationale but disagree on the trading Nash part. Shaq-Nash is simply the free lunch for the elite p-n-r offense to pick apart. So, shipping Nash may actually increase our chance of winning if we get proper compensation. For example, Nash/LB for Iggy/Miller might make the team better.

no doubt it would but Philly would NEVER do that deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All we can do is sit back and watch. I'm expecting some sparks to fly.

If 'Antoni is fired, I am positive Shaq will have something special to say about it.

good or bad? If he throws him under the bus, I'll be right behind him. I doubt he'd stick up for him after playing 30 games and seeing how pathetically he was outcoached in the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude's not walking away from 20 million dollars guys. I don't care how much he's made, 20 million dollars is 20 million dollars.

cly2tw

Reaction score
no doubt it would but Philly would NEVER do that deal.

Why not? I don't believe Philly would want two big contracts in Iggy and Miller for the long run. Nash is perfect for their running game. And they have enough young athletic guys in Carney and Young to really need to pay Iggy big bucks. LB is a great contract despite not having his best year.