Sherman coming back for interview number 2

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Aha. More relevant data. Thanks, Carl.

Sherman went 9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 before going 4-12. I think those first five years are doing "something".

I was going to defend Sherman for his 4-12 season but unfortunately I can't because of the below...

(2001) 12-4 Reg Season lose to Rams in Div. playoff 45-17
(2002) 12-4 Reg Season lose to Falcons 27-7 (1st ever Lambeau Field Playoff Game Loss)
(2003) 10-6 Reg Season lose to Eagles in Div. playoff 20-17 in overtime.
(2004) 10-6 Reg Season lose to Vikes in NFC wildcard game 31-17.

Anyone else find it laughable that we are dissing a guy who won 3 division champs and his PLAYOFF record! Playoffs? as said earlier in Jim Mora voice...PLAYOFFS?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9, you keep ripping on Sherman.I'm with Russ and some others that think his record is pretty good and am fine if he gets hired. Who do you want and why? My first choice has been Grimm then Rivera but Sherman was right there with them.

I think with Sherman, because he had Favre, you have to look beyond his record. When I remember the Sherman years when I was forced to watch Packer games, I remember being unimpressed with that squad and wishing that some other game was on. And that was with a good team.

At best, I think that Mike Sherman ends up a lot like Vince Tobin. At worst, I think he ends up like all the other coaches that the Cards have had in the past decade or so.

I guess I want a guy with a higher ceiling. Did you see anything from the Texans this season that said, "Wow, this offense is really well-directed. This line knows what it's doing. Who's putting it all together?"

I really like Cam Cameron. I like his pedigree, I like how he calls plays for the Chargers, I like that he has experience building a staff and grooming a quarterback and offensive line. For all people's moaning about his performance at Indiana, he did manage to coach up a Heisman candidate in Seneca Wallace, didn't he?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I think with Sherman, because he had Favre, you have to look beyond his record. When I remember the Sherman years when I was forced to watch Packer games, I remember being unimpressed with that squad and wishing that some other game was on. And that was with a good team.

At best, I think that Mike Sherman ends up a lot like Vince Tobin. At worst, I think he ends up like all the other coaches that the Cards have had in the past decade or so.

I guess I want a guy with a higher ceiling. Did you see anything from the Texans this season that said, "Wow, this offense is really well-directed. This line knows what it's doing. Who's putting it all together?"

I really like Cam Cameron. I like his pedigree, I like how he calls plays for the Chargers, I like that he has experience building a staff and grooming a quarterback and offensive line. For all people's moaning about his performance at Indiana, he did manage to coach up a Heisman candidate in Seneca Wallace, didn't he?

No Seneca Wallace played for Iowa State. The player you might be thinking of is Randle-El

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think Antwaan Randle El was ever a Heisman candidate, but he was a first team All American at Indiana under Cameron's watch

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Randle-El's senior year Cameron moved him from QB to WR to help his pro propsects. That didn't last the entire year though because they moved El back to Qb because the offense was floundering. That's the year Cameron went 5-6.If he would've kept Randle-El at QB the whole year they may have made it to a bowl game. But, i don't blame him for trying to help out a player get to the next level.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I

that wasn't Sherman's offense it was Kubiaks coming from Denver. Didn't you notice how Carr was doing the Plummer bootlegs and all that other stuff?

Sherman is the assistant head coach offense or something like that, but he's not running his offense, Kubiak is.

Seneca Wallace went to Iowa State, no wonder cameron failed at IU he was coaching players on other teams, in other conferences?

I like Cameron too, he did a very nice job with both Brees and Rivers.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
IM starting to feel like our "playoff ship of fate" not only passed but never had us as a destination!

Things are bleak: OLine is so pathetic, Coaching prospects pathetic, Cornerbacks pathetic, our average fans interest pathetic