Shipp's Roster Spot in Jeopardy (PFW Whispers)

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Great news on Pace. I was worried the Cards would pull a Thomas Jones with him.

As for Shipp, I've been saying all along he will not be on the roster next season. He had his chance here. Good guy, can't score.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
Shipp showed it on film from what I recall, but the numbers don't necessarily back that up. I respect a lot of your opinions Kerouac, but sometimes you base everything on numbers. If numbers were the end all be all, Kliff Kingsbury would the best QB prospect to come out of the draft in years...

I don't think so, but I think that people who are Cardinal fans base way too much on what they think they see on the field (heart, blue-collar, effort) that doesn't show up on the scoreboard. The scoreboard is the only thing that matters. Shipp's effort doesn't do a lot for me, and never has. He had a stretch of six big games that got him a six-figure contract and three seasons of no production. It was pretty ridiculous.

And to the point that I don't base everything on numbers, look at some of the players I've jocked over the past four years: Wendell Bryant, Levar Fisher, Thomas Jones, David Boston, Freddie Jones (then I turned on him), Duane Starks, Jonathan Wells, Troy Hambrick, and Bryant Johnson. There are many more guys that I like based on what I've seen of their performance, but when a player's results are so far removed from fans' opinions of a player, you have to wonder.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
And to the point that I don't base everything on numbers, look at some of the players I've jocked over the past four years: Wendell Bryant, Levar Fisher, Thomas Jones, David Boston, Freddie Jones (then I turned on him), Duane Starks, Jonathan Wells, Troy Hambrick, and Bryant Johnson. There are many more guys that I like based on what I've seen of their performance, but when a player's results are so far removed from fans' opinions of a player, you have to wonder.

You sure know how to pick 'em!

:D

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
*courtesy laugh*
If that's true, you boys must be starving.
i was wondering when you were gonna catch that.
I never would would claim Sea HAWK is for dinner - only SeaChicken, SeaFish, SeaLamb...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser