Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've never signed on. I see enough not having an account to know I'd end up killing someone.
But Im old
It was funny. When Trump got elected I followed his account, to see what the POTUS would post. That opened up a WHOLE new world of crazy on my Twitter! I recommend following someone you never ever would, or you hate, and just see what rolls in! LMAO!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was funny. When Trump got elected I followed his account, to see what the POTUS would post. That opened up a WHOLE new world of crazy on my Twitter! I recommend following someone you never ever would, or you hate, and just see what rolls in! LMAO!

I listen to Homberg's morning sickness and they brought up OJ Simpson's twitter a few times. Sounds like he puts up funny stuff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That was in the 3rd game of the 2nd round of the 2020-21 playoffs when the Suns made it to the Finals.

Ayton had 10 points, 15 rebounds and 2 assists in that game.

Jokic had 32 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we can blame you (or credit you) for Donald Trump's social media success?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
As I recall, Jamal Murray didn't play in the series and Jae Crowder did.
The point was that Ayton played very hard in that game and was making Jokic work for everything. That's all you can really do against him and he showed that he can do just that.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can’t blame Ayton for not shutting down Jokic. No one can stop that guy. I just look at it this way. As long as Ayton can somewhat try to slow him down and we beat the other 4 players and our bench bests theirs then we should be alright.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point was that Ayton played very hard in that game and was making Jokic work for everything. That's all you can really do against him and he showed that he can do just that.

This is what we all want. In the Suns Finals run Ayton played some of the best defense of his career.

If he can repeat it this coming season, the Suns should be a strong contender. He doesn't have to be dominant offensively for the Suns to win.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man. I would love to sit down with Jae sometime and get the skinny on what went down between him and Monty.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Man. I would love to sit down with Jae sometime and get the skinny on what went down between him and Monty.
When I was a kid, I got to play golf with some MLB scouts right about the time that Conseco and McGuire were rookie sensations. I remember asking about steroids, and both scouts started laughing. One said, Canseco had put on an amazing amount of weight from the previous season. Back then I lifted weights, and the other agent asked me, how hard was it for me to gain muscle. I told him it was a battle. He said, then you have your answer! It was funny, everyone knew back then, but for years everyone in baseball denied it until Canseco and McGuire admitted it.

Point I am getting, is scouts, insiders, people know. It just hasn't been made public yet. You may bump into someone in PHX that will spill the beans.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even more than that, Ayton got his first big payday. Since then he hasn't been motivated and he'd given indications that would happen before he ever played a game in the NBA.
You could be right might be the payday. Or it could be Monty or something else. I'm thinking a little of both. Didn't need to worry about money and he was pissed at something. Lets get him unpissed.............

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You could be right might be the payday. Or it could be Monty or something else. I'm thinking a little of both. Didn't need to worry about money and he was pissed at something. Lets get him unpissed.............
I wish DeAndre Ayton would get pissed off when he's upset because the shrinking and withdrawing really sucks ass

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish DeAndre Ayton would get pissed off when he's upset because the shrinking and withdrawing really sucks ass
One only has so many chances to cement one’s legacy and the great ones would never let spats interfere with greatness

Ayton will never be more than what he is now a middle of the road role player.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not moving Ayton now. I get why Gambo was saying the Suns were leaning towards keeping Ayton. After seeing the acquisitions the Suns have made? To me it’s more obvious then ever the Suns were building a roster that didn’t have to depend on Ayton offensively. They just need him to keep teams honest and it allow Ayton to focus on the defensive end and the boards. It basically gives Ayton a ton less responsibility. Hopefully, that makes a difference but the Suns in some ways can afford to keep him now.