Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Those stories stand out for a reason, they are exceptional. Yes some players have taken the court with broken bones and maybe even worse but DA isn't the first player to miss games because of a bruise. Maybe he's the first player to miss an important playoff game for a bruise but I highly doubt that. Anyway, there's already enough negativity on the internet to insure DA won't earn us anymore than a garbage player like Miles Turner.
Sure, but those stories are actually pretty common for hockey. I mean even in basketball, we see stories of players playing through torn ligaments, broken fingers, etc… after the playoffs conclude.

I dunno man. Given his attitude and what we know about him, I’m inclined to believe it wasn’t that serious and it was just a way for him to stick it to people. He didn’t even attempt to warm up ahead of the game, even though he practiced early in the week? I could be wrong.

He’s probably not the first player to miss a game due to a bruise. But I can’t recall a player missing an elimination game due to a bruise.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Sure, but those stories are actually pretty common for hockey. I mean even in basketball, we see stories of players playing through torn ligaments, broken fingers, etc… after the playoffs conclude.

I dunno man. Given his attitude and what we know about him, I’m inclined to believe it wasn’t that serious and it was just a way for him to stick it to people. He didn’t even attempt to warm up ahead of the game, even though he practiced early in the week? I could be wrong.

He’s probably not the first player to miss a game due to a bruise. But I can’t recall a player missing an elimination game due to a bruise.
Just confirmed his "soft" image. Reminds me when Kyler sat out the last game against the Rams a few years back when it was a win and your in situation. Figures Phx/AZ would get to cash checking grifters with their 1st ever #1 overall picks

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't finish the game after getting the injury, then make through an entire practice, but then miss the entire next (PLAYOFF ELIMINATION) game. That's nonsense. He didn't even try to play. Showed up in street clothes. DeAndre Ayton is a quitter, no way around it. 7 feet of heartlessness. Ben Simmons Bahamas edition

Look, if we're "all in" then we're all in. Why would we pretend this guy isn't who he's told us he is? Why would we let him sabotage our playoff hopes yet again? I'm trying my best not to harsh the vibe lately in here but I just can't wrap my head around people believing Ayton could finally grow a pair
That's one way to spin it but that's all this is, uninformed spin. It's quite common for a player to have more pain and greater limitations hours, even days after certain kinds of injuries (such as bruises and ankle sprains). And it's just as easy to spin this and say that despite the pain he tried to play through it in practice the next day but his movement was so limited they (or he) shut him down.

My point is that we don't know the truth. Right now, his value is so low we'd be lucky to get a Myles Turner for him, a player we'd all learn to despise in short order. I guess, if our goal is to get even less for Ayton than a Myles Turner we could keep spreading this version of an unverified story.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm all in favor of thinking the worst of DA, I'm not too thrilled to see it passed off as fact here over and over when it's simply conjecture on our part. Social media isn't our friend and the bash Ayton movement does not need any more ammunition.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of thinking the worst of DA, I'm not too thrilled to see it passed off as fact here over and over when it's simply conjecture on our part. Social media isn't our friend and the bash Ayton movement does not need any more ammunition.
I agree. We’ll likely never know how serious the injury was.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well DA, if you read this thread, and there is a chance that you do given your comments in the Bahamas today.

We are pulling for you. There is nothing any of us would rather see than for you to succeed here on the Suns. Maybe it was Monty, maybe it was conditioning, maybe it was the system or something else, but up until now the effort has seemed inconsistent. You had a fantastic run in the 21 playoffs. We want to see that guy again. You don't have to post 20 and 15. We know that on this team it it will be hard to get enough offensive touches for you to score 20 a game. Play intense defense, rebound the ball, block some shots, own the paint defensively, and score when the team or the other team lets you. We will be thrilled with that.

Let's all start fresh.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I read Dan Bickley's article today, and Ayton said something similar too, I will unleash whatever it is.... I agree with Bickley, if you don't know what's wrong, how do you fix it? He needs a trusted confidant, team mate, agent, anyone who won't blow smoke up his a$$ and let him honestly know what to work on. Part of it is he's young and everyone has always told him he's great. Monty kept saying they want him to play with force. Then Monty described what that was, and I was like, WHAT? I thought to myself Monty was vague. Geez, just come out and say in plain English what you want from the guy. Quit trying to be coach cute. Someone needs to say what he needs to work on like we do. Hopefully Vogel gives him a work up on strengths and weaknesses.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty did coach him up well. He grew tired of the disappearing act. We all marveled at how well Monty had Ayton playing during the finals run. There was even that clip that went around where he told Ayton to forget everything before that point, they need him for the next 2 minutes or whatever it was to play big and win it for us and he did. That was an all-time sort of coach up job. Then Ayton got in his own head over money the next off-season and the relationship went down the toilet. There wasn't always animosity between the two and Monty wasn't the only one to blame. Both Ayton and James Jones deserve some blame for that relationship breaking down. Jones should have been the mediator.

Im tired of hearing from Ayton "This is it, Im going to prove people wrong!" as he's said that nonsense for YEARS now. That's who he is, talks big and can't back it up. I'm done. Let him try and hope it doesn't further tank his trade value because he seems to be the X factor here if this team wants a legit shot at a title.

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would be nice if we can move him to the knicks for Mitchell Robinson, Josh Hart and picks. Can’t remember which media head spoke of that.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be nice if we can move him to the knicks for Mitchell Robinson, Josh Hart and picks. Can’t remember which media head spoke of that.

The New York media would teach him real quick to shut his mouth. They'd break him in no time.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Monty did coach him up well. He grew tired of the disappearing act. We all marveled at how well Monty had Ayton playing during the finals run. There was even that clip that went around where he told Ayton to forget everything before that point, they need him for the next 2 minutes or whatever it was to play big and win it for us and he did. That was an all-time sort of coach up job. Then Ayton got in his own head over money the next off-season and the relationship went down the toilet. There wasn't always animosity between the two and Monty wasn't the only one to blame. Both Ayton and James Jones deserve some blame for that relationship breaking down. Jones should have been the mediator.

Im tired of hearing from Ayton "This is it, Im going to prove people wrong!" as he's said that nonsense for YEARS now. That's who he is, talks big and can't back it up. I'm done. Let him try and hope it doesn't further tank his trade value because he seems to be the X factor here if this team wants a legit shot at a title.
damn bro, but yeah

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
LMAO. So all theses owners just collect assets and say F what the coach says. And then ok do nothing when he won't listen. While you just burn money.

#Sources — Teams continue to show interest in Phoenix’s Deandre Ayton. Suns remain firm in that Ayton is a part of future plans with the organization. Dallas and Detroit are two teams who continue to express the most interest. #NBA

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO. So all theses owners just collect assets and say F what the coach says. And then ok do nothing when he won't listen. While you just burn money.

#Sources — Teams continue to show interest in Phoenix’s Deandre Ayton. Suns remain firm in that Ayton is a part of future plans with the organization. Dallas and Detroit are two teams who continue to express the most interest. #NBA

It's hard to believe Detroit and Monty have any interest in Ayton.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't buy for a second Detroit is interested. They have a number of bigs now and Monty is their head coach.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Add another "NBA Insider" account that is safe to put on ignore...

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean clearly click baiting whether it be the site or these teams hunting for attention. LMAO....even I a nobody know Monty & Ayton are like oil & water, they don't mix.

But Ayton is far beyond better than any big they got. It would be funny to see Monty setup everything around Ayton. Talk about karma making them two deal with each other....we ain't paying a cool $12 milly to lose. LOL.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton.. Detroit.. I am done.. I BS about being an insider and my source but what the heck.. my wild guess somewhat makes sense.. do these sources not know about Ayton and Monty..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton.. Detroit.. I am done.. I BS about being an insider and my source but what the heck.. my wild guess somewhat makes sense.. do these sources not know about Ayton and Monty..

I'd recommend you sticking with your sources and stay away from these wannabe insiders.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My whole world is shattered! How could someone BS about being an insider?! You're an evil man, Germz! At least I still have Flex for legit news. I know he's a man with integrity and REAL sources.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add another "NBA Insider" account that is safe to put on ignore...
This insider is so bad. Monty plus Ayton again?!? The Mavs sending garbage for Ayton and the Suns being OK with that? Hilarious.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This insider is so bad. Monty plus Ayton again?!? The Mavs sending garbage for Ayton and the Suns being OK with that? Hilarious.
The Mavs mock trades I see is a joke.. it always involves "we can dump THJ and McGee for Ayton or Tuner and McConnell"

I just find it funny how some teams tries to pass off trash for gold. McGee is going to get waived. No one is trading for him.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Lol THJ and Holmes for Ayton is what this guy is saying will happen.. "they have leverage.." I know each fanbase has delusional fans but this one takes the cake..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05